• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anthony Richardson

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like it’s trending toward them playing him sooner as opposed to later. Personally, I think that’s a mistake. I think he needs a year to break down his mechanics and reteach himself his footwork among other things.
I agree it's a mistake. Colts aren't anywhere near contending so give the kid a year to get up to speed, be bad and draft high to continue to build up that roster.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing is the fastest way to accelerate learning, will need the coaching staff to work hard to help him improve and the team has to be ready to accept it will be a bumpy ride first year or two. Similar to the Josh Allen experience, but there's no guarantee that it will work out the same.
If we're talking Stroud or Young I agree but Richardson needs a good year. Start him early and he bombs, that'll kill his confidence and then it's more 3 steps back than 2 steps forward.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we're talking Stroud or Young I agree but Richardson needs a good year. Start him early and he bombs, that'll kill his confidence and then it's more 3 steps back than 2 steps forward.
Josh Allen didn't do well year one, didn't turn him into a bust. If a player has the tools and gets the coaching, on a good roster, no reason to think a bad season will crush him.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Allen didn't do well year one, didn't turn him into a bust. If a player has the tools and gets the coaching, on a good roster, no reason to think a bad season will crush him.
Josh Allen had started 2 full years which can make a difference vs AR and his 1 full year. Plus I would say AR had the better talent around him at Florida than Josh had at Wyoming and AR's passing starts aren't all that impressive and accuracy is meh.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Allen had started 2 full years which can make a difference vs AR and his 1 full year.
Still getting off to a bumpy first season doesn't count for much. Recall Payton Manning first season?
Plus I would say AR had the better talent around him at Florida than Josh had at Wyoming and AR's passing starts aren't all that impressive and accuracy is meh.
OK but Allen played against lesser talented teams and his stat were meh first season starting in college also.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see both sides of this. But personally, I’m a sit a QB prospect that isn’t ready guy. I think these guys operate in a media fish bowl at this position. If they aren’t instantly good, media and the fan base immediately start talking bust and not giving the guy a real chance to grow and develop. I understand though where people are coming from in saying the best way to develop is through playing and learning from mistakes. I think that will happen for sure. However, I sit AR for at least the first 9-10 games of this season. Just my opinion. He needs to have his mechanics reworked and new muscle memory taught before he can even think about developing the right way.

Shane_O_Mac812

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see both sides of this. But personally, I’m a sit a QB prospect that isn’t ready guy. I think these guys operate in a media fish bowl at this position. If they aren’t instantly good, media and the fan base immediately start talking bust and not giving the guy a real chance to grow and develop. I understand though where people are coming from in saying the best way to develop is through playing and learning from mistakes. I think that will happen for sure. However, I sit AR for at least the first 9-10 games of this season. Just my opinion. He needs to have his mechanics reworked and new muscle memory taught before he can even think about developing the right way.
I agree, run with Minshew just to see if we can compete for anything, our defense is still very good and Minshew should be the most serviceable qb we have had since Rivers. Who knows, my luck into a wild card or something? If not, the minute we are eliminated from the playoffs, you give the kid the reins to finish the season and prepare for next year.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still getting off to a bumpy first season doesn't count for much. Recall Payton Manning first season?

OK but Allen played against lesser talented teams and his stat were meh first season starting in college also.
Manning yes did struggle but we knew he had the "it" factor where AR has the tools but the QB IQ isn't that high. A year off would make him a better QB by understanding how to go through his progression, his foot work/mechanics and in return better accuracy.

Allen played in a lesser conference so yes lesser teams and so was his.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning yes did struggle but we knew he had the "it" factor where AR has the tools but the QB IQ isn't that high. A year off would make him a better QB by understanding how to go through his progression, his foot work/mechanics and in return better accuracy.

Allen played in a lesser conference so yes lesser teams and so was his.
I'll admit I didn't have a clue who Richardson was at the start of the college season. I knew the name by November and he didn't move the needle much, no more than the UCLA QB.

Number four overall?
Still can't believe it .

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll admit I didn't have a clue who Richardson was at the start of the college season. I knew the name by November and he didn't move the needle much, no more than the UCLA QB.

Number four overall?
Still can't believe it .
I saw a couple of games and I was impressed and cringed at the same time. He has gifted athleticism with speed and a cannon of an arm but he was a 1 read QB and took off plus his deep passes weren't on target. I don't know everything but my feeling is a year off would do him well. This league needs strong QB play and hopefully Indy doesn't screw him up by starting him way earlier than he should.

4th overall is high but that's where we are at with sub par QB play.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't irsay prefer that the Colts suck again this year so that he can draft Harrison Jr.? That would be one hell of a storyline.

Shane_O_Mac812

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't irsay prefer that the Colts suck again this year so that he can draft Harrison Jr.? That would be one hell of a storyline.
Unfortunately the schedule it cupcake, we will win 6-8 games and not be even close to getting Harrison. We will be bad, just not top 3 pick bad.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately the schedule it cupcake, we will win 6-8 games and not be even close to getting Harrison. We will be bad, just not top 3 pick bad.
its wild that the division got Richardson, Stroud, and Willis. I suppose that will be a pretty weak division so plenty of opportunity for cheap wins.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, run with Minshew just to see if we can compete for anything, our defense is still very good and Minshew should be the most serviceable qb we have had since Rivers. Who knows, my luck into a wild card or something? If not, the minute we are eliminated from the playoffs, you give the kid the reins to finish the season and prepare for next year.
Minshew is going to make you forgot you drafted Richardson.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shane Steichen is like a mini Andy Reid with his QBs. I won't be that surprised if Richardson has a breakout year, if not his first then definitely his sophomore outing.

Richardson will put up big numbers for sure.. in the category of incompletions, sacks taken, and interceptions.

One of the most baffling draft picks of all time. Not even NEAR where Newton or Jackson was in terms of athletic talent (or even RG Knee) and even worse than JaWalrus, yet people seem to think he's the second coming of... something?

Guy could barely throw for 50% completion last year and has zero ability to take over a game. That was one of the dumbest picks in NFL history by the Colts... despite rumors that if Richardson was there Seattle would've taken him, I'm 100% calling BS... Richardson should've been a 4th-5th round pick. 4th overall, what a joke. Colts will be drafting top 3 this year.... and likely taking another QB while Richardson's best bet is to claim racism for any attention.