• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

And the deflated balls story plot thickens

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how about at this point we put out the facts...

At this point either 11 or all 12 of the balls inspected at half time were found to be at an illegal pressure.

Before the game started the officials did follow protocol checking every one of the 24 balls for the two teams and they passed inspection.

At half time the balls of both the Colts and Patriots was checked and every one of the Colts balls came back as still in the legal level. So the conspiracy that the weather caused it should be just thrown out. If the weather would have caused it you would have seen it in the Colts balls as well.

At this point the NFL has come to the conclusion the balls were tampered with but they do not know who did it or who knew.

As another poster posted the Pats have been the best team for years when it comes to fumbles per play at a level that is pretty much impossible.

Now this is a bit of speculation but it does sound like both the Colts in the regular season and the Ravens after their playoff game had suspicions about the balls being within regulation.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robo it isn't you are right. But the weasels still continue to try to gain an advantage.

Look bro, I get it. If the Yankees were accused of any minute impropriety I would be all over it. Even if I knew I wqs being irrational I would still maintain they are cheaters or whatever it may be. Because I fucking hate the Yankees, always have and always will. I don't hate the Pats so I'm able to be objective about the whole thing.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how about at this point we put out the facts...

At this point either 11 or all 12 of the balls inspected at half time were found to be at an illegal pressure.

Before the game started the officials did follow protocol checking every one of the 24 balls for the two teams and they passed inspection.

At half time the balls of both the Colts and Patriots was checked and every one of the Colts balls came back as still in the legal level. So the conspiracy that the weather caused it should be just thrown out. If the weather would have caused it you would have seen it in the Colts balls as well.

At this point the NFL has come to the conclusion the balls were tampered with but they do not know who did it or who knew.

As another poster posted the Pats have been the best team for years when it comes to fumbles per play at a level that is pretty much impossible.

Now this is a bit of speculation but it does sound like both the Colts in the regular season and the Ravens after their playoff game had suspicions about the balls being within regulation.

Since the Colts had already told the officiating crew that they believed the Pats' footballs were under inflated and to watch for it; do you really think they would have their footballs anything less than in the specified range by rule? Good Lord, people, think before you write. Stop letting hatred destroy your minds!

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robotic i have never,ever on this forum expressed any bias towards the Patriots,i am very neutral when it comes to the Pats and most other teams in the NFL,just because i am discussing this and KNOWN facts does not mean i have some bias,and that is a BIG issue i have noticed on this forum people take things and run with them and the immature trolls feed off of it and what was a non story or outright lie becomes FACT!

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since the Colts had already told the officiating crew that they believed the Pats' footballs were under inflated and to watch for it; do you really think they would have their footballs anything less than in the specified range by rule? Good Lord, people, think before you write. Stop letting hatred destroy your minds!

Can you be more specific as to whom you are saying,are you saying the Colts or the Pats?

But it does not matter the balls WERE checked before the game,and then AT HALF time they were checked again,that is fact and that is what we are discussing,is there some issue you are having in comprehending this?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not showing any hatred. I pointed out the facts of the situation. Sure even if the Colts knew this was going to happen where the balls would be tested that doesn't diminish the fact that the Pats cheated.

Throw in now with the NFL beginning to look into the past and stats beginning to show that the Pats possibly have been doing this for years and knowing how much of an advantage it really is (especially when it comes to fumbling) then this turns into a huge deal. Turnovers are the great equalizer and when a team has figured out how to manipulate a game to make sure they have less turnovers throughout the season then that honestly changes the whole outcome of games. WE are not just talking one game here now where they blew somebody out. We are talking whole seasons of manipulation possibly coming to light.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not showing any hatred. I pointed out the facts of the situation. Sure even if the Colts knew this was going to happen where the balls would be tested that doesn't diminish the fact that the Pats cheated.

Throw in now with the NFL beginning to look into the past and stats beginning to show that the Pats possibly have been doing this for years and knowing how much of an advantage it really is (especially when it comes to fumbling) then this turns into a huge deal. Turnovers are the great equalizer and when a team has figured out how to manipulate a game to make sure they have less turnovers throughout the season then that honestly changes the whole outcome of games. WE are not just talking one game here now where they blew somebody out. We are talking whole seasons of manipulation possibly coming to light.

What i find shocking is that robotic and others are not looking at facts,wait no i am not because one thing i have noticed with a number of posters here is that no matter what you present to them they will still lie through their teeth and be what Robotic is claiming of ,of others BUT HE IS doing it.

Math does not lie and over 16000 to one is not some outlier number,well unless you are a blathering retard.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think some people are tired of it. I get it. And if the Patriots were first time offenders, maybe people wouldn't hate them so much?

Some people hate cheaters. It's simple

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think some people are tired of it. I get it. And if the Patriots were first time offenders, maybe people wouldn't hate them so much?

Even more people hate smug, condescending cheaters.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

On this site or any other i have never,ever posted anything about the Pats and cheating,not once,go look up some of the old posts from months ago ect i never posted anything,i just avoided them due to me not even being interested,this however is right now and people are just being stupid with some of the comments.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you be more specific as to whom you are saying,are you saying the Colts or the Pats?

But it does not matter the balls WERE checked before the game,and then AT HALF time they were checked again,that is fact and that is what we are discussing,is there some issue you are having in comprehending this?

Delusions of grandeur, guys. What I comprehend is that you would prefer your team play the Colts because you know damn well your team stands a very real chance of losing vs the Pats. If you understand physics you wouldn't think the minimal deviation in air pressure is a big factor. This is just a desperate team trying to make the Pats look less than desirable as a Super Bowl representative. Sore losers who get beat by 38 fucking points don't deserve to be acknowledged. Irsay is probably faceplanting a bowl of heroin right now. Good luck in the game, DJizz.

Last edited by a moderator:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Delusions of grandeur, guys. What I comprehwnd is that you would prefer your team play the Colts because you know damn well your team stands a very real chance of losing vs the Pats. If you understand physics you wouldn't think the minimal deviation in air pressure is a big factor. This is just a desperate team trying to make the Pats look less than desirable as a Super Bowl representative. Sore losers who get beat by 38 fucking points don't deserve to be acknowledged. Irsay is probably faceplanting a bowl of heroin right now. Good luck in the game, DJizz.

We are not just talking about what the Pats did to the Colts though. There is now evidence that they did the same thing in the Ravens game and possibly have been doing this for years of manipulating the footballs to illegal levels that helped them gain an edge. If this was a one time occurrence then yeah probably most here are making wayyyy too big of deal about this myself included. With each passing day though there seems to be more evidence coming to the surface that the Pats have been cheating for years.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the refs let balls into the game that do not meet specs, how is that on anyone but the refs?
What's the point of the inspection by the refs when any balls that get into the game that do not meet specs, the punishment is automatically on the team?

And how great would those inspections be when there is no punishment for doing a bad one.

If security at a federal building fail to catch a gun through their metal detectors due to laziness or incompetence are those guards guilty of murder when that guy is used to kill someone inside?

Of course this is a more dramatic example, but the principle is the same. You can have both incompetency and guilt for those exploiting it at the same time.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Delusions of grandeur, guys. What I comprehwnd is that you would prefer your team play the Colts because you know damn well your team stands a very real chance of losing vs the Pats. If you understand physics you wouldn't think the minimal deviation in air pressure is a big factor. This is just a desperate team trying to make the Pats look less than desirable as a Super Bowl representative. Sore losers who get beat by 38 fucking points don't deserve to be acknowledged. Irsay is probably faceplanting a bowl of heroin right now. Good luck in the game, DJizz.

Now the motive shines through. "Enemy of my enemy is my friend".

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to realize that this make the inspection process meaningless.

If the teams are ultimately 100% responsible to have legal footballs in the game (as you say they are), then why would the refs be doing the inspections prior to the games?

No not all. It means the refs have to do the inspection process correctly for it to be meaningful!!!

If you are a restaurant owner you are still in the wrong serving tainted meat even if you aren't caught by the food inspectors. (i.e Kitchen Nightmares)

So the Patriots were still trying to skirts the rules but if the reason for the poorly inflated balls getting into the game were due to improper procedures it's different type of offense then trying to alter the balls after inspection.

This is all speculation of course but it's not like the NFL has proven itself to be some paragon of honesty either!

The NFL has apparently hired a firm with video camera forensics to help with the investigation.

Now that could be interesting...

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now the motive shines through. "Enemy of my enemy is my friend".

We know now that the original story of the linebacker detecting something unusual was likely false. This seems to be something that the Indy coaches were looking for. Maybe they could have said something earlier this season but bringing up the dirty laundry after getting their butts waxes in the championship game definitely has a bigger payoff, right?

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If security at a federal building fail to catch a gun through their metal detectors due to laziness or incompetence are those guards guilty of murder when that guy is used to kill someone inside?

Of course this is a more dramatic example, but the principle is the same. You can have both incompetency and guilt for those exploiting it at the same time.

That's a reach, my friend. It's not the same principle at all. You're example is much more complex then deflate gate. There are two crimes in your example, the murder and the sneaking the gun in. There is only one crime in deflate gate and that's playing with deflated balls, which is the referees responsibility. The security team would be fired for failing at their job (much like the referees failed at their job) and the man would be convicted of murder (not applicable in this case since Tom Brady didn't murder anyone or commit any other act of cheating).

Last edited by a moderator:

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a reach, my friend. It's not the same principle at all. You're example is much more complex then deflate gate. There are two crimes in your example, the murder and the sneaking the gun in. There is only one crime in deflate gate and that's playing with deflated balls, which is the referees responsibility. The security team would be fired for failing at their job (much like the referees failed at their job) and the man would be convicted of murder (not applicable in this case since Tom Brady didn't murder anyone or commit any other act of cheating).

So you agree with him that the team is entirely off the hook for bringing in under inflated balls if the refs fail to catch it? :scratch:

I really fail to see any logic in this what so ever. Incompetence is never a free pass for those who attempt to exploit it. It's ok to shoplift as long as you don't get caught. That's kind of what he's saying.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the point, it's information showing that the officials don't always actually gauge the balls.

We should all just wait for all the information to come out.:suds:

No, it shows what they did 12 years ago. 12 years ago they also would judge if you would have landed in bounds if you go pushed out while catching the ball.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling there is about to be a ballboy rolling around in a brand new car soon.