• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

And Sammy Boy wants traded

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howie re-signed him before free agency began.

That was only after he tested the market. Bradford would not been able to sign a contract with a new team unitl March 9th but he was able to enter into negotiations before then. He knew what the marked was before he signed.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More proof it was the agent. Sam talks to his teammates and walks in to voluntary stuff. That sounds more like Sam.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More proof it was the agent. Sam talks to his teammates and walks in to voluntary stuff. That sounds more like Sam.

To be honest it sounds more like "I have no leverage and I am starting to look really bad"

I do not fault Bradford for being pissed off even if I do not agree with it. He has a right to feel however he wants. With that said he went about it the wrong way. You can blame the agent all you want but Sam Bradford is a grown man. His agent works for him and not the other way around.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, it's not his agent, his agent sounded totally halfhearted when trying to bring this up in the interview he gave. This was all Sam being butthurt. Now his ploy backfired and he has come back with his tail between his legs. Of course the vets support him, they want to win now and he can probably win more games than Chase Daniel. But that doesn't mean he is good. He's a mediocre QB who will play a season here and be cut.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He won't be cut. I think the team is constructed better than last year, and will win the division, and thereby go to the payoffs. If the Wrs are better, and I think Agholor will be good, and catch the ball (they led the league in drops last year), we will be a lot better on offense, and Schwartz's D will be much improved. I am always an optimist (I'm running out of time), and think we'll win 10 games this year. So, bottom line, I think Sam stays here the whole year, and we trade him for a high pick(s) next offseason.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He won't be cut. I think the team is constructed better than last year, and will win the division, and thereby go to the payoffs. If the Wrs are better, and I think Agholor will be good, and catch the ball (they led the league in drops last year), we will be a lot better on offense, and Schwartz's D will be much improved. I am always an optimist (I'm running out of time), and think we'll win 10 games this year. So, bottom line, I think Sam stays here the whole year, and we trade him for a high pick(s) next offseason.

I appreciate your optimism Duke, but I think winning 10 games this season is a little rich - they've got a tough 2nd half schedule, I only see them winning 7, maybe 8 games this year. I'm with you that the D and the WRs should show more improvement compared to last year, and hope that Sam lights it up so we can swing him for some draft picks.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how many years or decades it will take for Wentz to be the better QB.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford is gonna light it up this year. I can't wait til you haters see the talent he has.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford is gonna light it up this year. I can't wait til you haters see the talent he has.

I am hating on him but not because of lack of talent. I have already said I think he is a good QB. I just think his I want guarantees and not have to compete stance makes him a whiny bitch.

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

His job is to keep Wentz on the bench. As long as he is play well enough to do that then I am happy with him. He is auditioning for other teams this year and we should get his best football.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's why I think with a better job of the WR's; a ball control offense; a better O-Line; and a defense that will keep us the games, SB will be much improved. What happens next is TBD.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd love to be wrong and see Sam Bradford magically grow a pair of testicles and lead us to the promised land for our first and only Super Bowl.

But here on planet Earth, I am thinking he gets hurt or benched by about week 12 as we go 8-8.

iceman42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think hes a good QB and will likely play the whole year up until he gets hurt. He'll leave us feeling something similar to last year; he'll start out slow, build momentum and probably put up similar numbers 3800, 25/15 65% but at the end of the year it will be the same, he's not a QB who wins you games. I think what depends on us making the playoffs is the defense and the offensive line, not the JB.

Macho Grande

Would Sacrifice You In An Emergency
The Magumba Bar in Drambuie, off the Barbary Coast
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,889.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am hating on him but not because of lack of talent. I have already said I think he is a good QB. I just think his I want guarantees and not have to compete stance makes him a whiny bitch.

It has nothing to do with not wanting to compete. There is no competition. Howie and Dougie have made it clear, many times, that Bradford is the starting qb next season. The guy feels he's a legit starter, and doesn't want to waste a year of his playing career being a placeholder for some rookie.

The writing was on the wall for Bradford as soon as Howie traded up to #2. Whoever they drafted was the guy they plan on making the future qb. They've invested way too much in Wentz now to have him sitting on the bench for too long though, and Bradford knows it. Come hell or high water, Howie will make sure Wentz is starting after next season, if not sooner. And that's not a competition either. Bradford knows now that he's just another remnant of the Chip Kelly regime who's living on borrowed time in Philly. Can't really blame him for wanting to expedite the process instead of delaying the inevitable.

While I don't agree with how he went about it, even I can understand his point of view, and don't blame him at all for wanting to get started somewhere else instead of being the lame duck in Philly for a year.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In reality your bolded part is actually this... "I want players to help compete against other teams."

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

C'mon man, win the division? If Romo is healthy, the Cowboys will still be a force with their o-line, and now Zeke. The Redskins are getting plenty of players back from injury and Cousins is now enjoying his first offseason taking reps as the starter. Eliot Shorr Parks of NJ.com said, in an interview with WIP's Mike and Ike this morning, that the Eagles are no better than a five or six win team. While this is awful early, that's about as accurate an assessment of the Eagles chances this year as things stand now. Of course, if Romo goes down again or some other big development unfolds for other teams (either good or bad), things can change. But the Eagles are not built to contend for this year.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had a top 7 D before the team caved. With Schwartz it should be top 5. Bradford played well with a shitty oline and should only get better. We have as good of a chance as anyone to win the division.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your o-line only got crappier, starting with Jason Peters, who should do all Eagles fans a favor and retire. You've got a huge question mark in Kelce: is he really the guy who tanked last year or the guy who played so well before? Your guards (even Brandon Brooks) are big question marks too. Your receivers scare no one and neither do your running backs. The best skill position player you've got now is Zach Ertz, whom you overpaid (though some of your youngsters may step up). And then there's Sam. Enough said.

Your front seven, in general, is very good. But your CBs suck, although Malcolm Jenkins is a gamer. Leodis McKelvin? Really? Is EJ Biggers still with you guys? He got cut from a woeful Redskins secondary last year. If the Redskins pass block for Cousins the way they did last year, the Redskins will torch that secondary. This is not to say the Redskins don't have holes and question marks. They sure do. But not nearly as much as Philly. And that's why I and other Philly beat guys (e.g., ESP) think the Eagles are going to finish last.

But things can change fast, for better and/or worst. You better hope that Daniel (or Wentz) doesn't start for you guys for an extended period of time this year. One guy mocked the 2017 draft and projected the Browns to pick first and second overall next year. Not saying that he's right, but that's what a lot of folks are thinking, at least for now.