• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

And Sammy Boy wants traded

mklugs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your o-line only got crappier, starting with Jason Peters, who should do all Eagles fans a favor and retire. You've got a huge question mark in Kelce: is he really the guy who tanked last year or the guy who played so well before? Your guards (even Brandon Brooks) are big question marks too. Your receivers scare no one and neither do your running backs. The best skill position player you've got now is Zach Ertz, whom you overpaid (though some of your youngsters may step up). And then there's Sam. Enough said.

Your front seven, in general, is very good. But your CBs suck, although Malcolm Jenkins is a gamer. Leodis McKelvin? Really? Is EJ Biggers still with you guys? He got cut from a woeful Redskins secondary last year. If the Redskins pass block for Cousins the way they did last year, the Redskins will torch that secondary. This is not to say the Redskins don't have holes and question marks. They sure do. But not nearly as much as Philly. And that's why I and other Philly beat guys (e.g., ESP) think the Eagles are going to finish last.

But things can change fast, for better and/or worst. You better hope that Daniel (or Wentz) doesn't start for you guys for an extended period of time this year. One guy mocked the 2017 draft and projected the Browns to pick first and second overall next year. Not saying that he's right, but that's what a lot of folks are thinking, at least for now.

I would argue that the O-Line should be improved... They signed two free agent guards and drafted another in RD 3. Last year this O-Line had exactly ZERO NFL caliber guards. They had a disastrous year coaching wise on both sides of the ball, led the league in drops, couldn't run the football, and stunk it up on defense for the second half of the season... Yet still finished 2nd in the division.

I fail to see why it is so outrageous to think they could compete for a division title. The R-Words haven't had consecutive winning seasons since 1991. The G-Men took a lot of risks... we'll see if they pay off. We will see if Romo is able to stay healthy. Seems a longshot and Dallas has plenty of other problems on their team. The Eagles are not going to be a great team... nor is anyone else in the NFC East.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would argue that the O-Line should be improved... They signed two free agent guards and drafted another in RD 3. Last year this O-Line had exactly ZERO NFL caliber guards. They had a disastrous year coaching wise on both sides of the ball, led the league in drops, couldn't run the football, and stunk it up on defense for the second half of the season... Yet still finished 2nd in the division.

I fail to see why it is so outrageous to think they could compete for a division title. The R-Words haven't had consecutive winning seasons since 1991. The G-Men took a lot of risks... we'll see if they pay off. We will see if Romo is able to stay healthy. Seems a longshot and Dallas has plenty of other problems on their team. The Eagles are not going to be a great team... nor is anyone else in the NFC East.

You mean REDSKINS? Even as a REDSKINS fan, I can admit that Dallas, with Romo healthy, potentially puts them as division winners right now, with the REDSKINS a close second. You might've signed some guards. But how good will they really be? If you listen to Philly beat reporters, they'll tell you that a lot of those "drops" were due to WRs avoiding catching balls that would've gotten them killed. In all, you guys finished second, and avoided third place and a 6-10 record, by barely beating the woeful Giants.

You also seem to miss all the improvements the REDSKINS made this offseason, not the least of which is the return of two TEs that got placed on IR before training camp, the return of Junior Galette and Shawn Lauvao, and the additions of people like Josh Norman. When you look up and down the REDSKINS and Eagles lineup, who do you think has the better of the two, starting with the most important position, QB? If you listen to people like ESP, Mark Eckel and Jimmy Kempski, they'll tell you the unvarnished truth.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have a really talented team right now. We will be in the playoff hunt, and I even think we'll make it to the playoffs if Samantha stays healthy….but when it's time for the big boy games, I'm not expecting him to be a clutch QB. Win one playoff game at home, I can see that…after that, we'll be sent packing and hopefully be able to trade Bradford for some nice picks to build an even better team around a potential stud QB in Wentz.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have a really talented team right now. We will be in the playoff hunt, and I even think we'll make it to the playoffs if Samantha stays healthy….but when it's time for the big boy games, I'm not expecting him to be a clutch QB. Win one playoff game at home, I can see that…after that, we'll be sent packing and hopefully be able to trade Bradford for some nice picks to build an even better team around a potential stud QB in Wentz.

I really disagree. You've got talent on your d-line, Malcolm Jenkins, Jordan Hicks (if he comes back healthy), Lane Johnson and that's about it. And you're lacking talent at the QB spot, which is a huge deficiency. An injury riddled and depleted Redskins team blew you guys out in a game that decided the division last year. And the Redskins got better in the offseason for reasons I've mentioned previously. I'll add that so did other NFC East teams. I'll also add that if the Giants didn't commit some brain farts at the end of several games last year, they might've been division winners. Don't think the NFC East will be as down as others are predicting.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really disagree. You've got talent on your d-line, Malcolm Jenkins, Jordan Hicks (if he comes back healthy), Lane Johnson and that's about it. And you're lacking talent at the QB spot, which is a huge deficiency. An injury riddled and depleted Redskins team blew you guys out in a game that decided the division last year. And the Redskins got better in the offseason for reasons I've mentioned previously. I'll add that so did other NFC East teams. I'll also add that if the Giants didn't commit some brain farts at the end of several games last year, they might've been division winners. Don't think the NFC East will be as down as others are predicting.

Uhh that's a cool story bro. You have your opinion, I have mine. You're a redskins fan, I'm an eagles fan. I think my team is better than yours, I'm sure you really disagree. It's all opinions at this point, and we'll have to let the season speak for itself. I doubt either of our teams does any damage if they make it to the playoffs regardless.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I don't agree with how he went about it, even I can understand his point of view, and don't blame him at all for wanting to get started somewhere else instead of being the lame duck in Philly for a year.

This right here is the point I have been making. If Bradford did not want to be the lame duck QB in Philly then he should have taken the long term deals that were offered to him. He chose not to accept them and was more than happy to be be vastly overpaid for a short term deal. He made a calculated risk and it it blew up in his face.
No one here or probably anywhere for that matter thought the Eagles would be able to move from #15 to #2. Where the Eagles were originally picking there was no chance in hell Wentz or Goff would make it to us and no other QB was considered a first rounder.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In reality your bolded part is actually this... "I want players to help compete against other teams."

No I was pretty clear in what I mean. That may be the stance you want to claim but from what I have been reading Bradford did not want to earn the job. He wanted to have shit handed to him without having to earn it........something that is expected from teenagers not grown men who made $100 mil for doing jack shit.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have a really talented team right now.
The Eagles?

Nah, no they don't. Y'all have a talented front 7 on defense. Talent is notably lacking almost everywhere else.

Pile on that new coaches, new systems, a soft/blah QB and a team that kinda gave up last year (as Wiz has reminded us a couple of times recently):

Wiz said:
Half of our team quit on Chip/Davis about week 9. You're going to be surprised at the bounce back year we have.

Wiz said:
We had a top 7 D before the team caved.

Seems just as likely that the team will give up again when the going gets tough as they will rally around Sam Bradford.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They gave up on Chip and Davis. They're not giving up on Pederson, Schwartz and Reich.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even as a REDSKINS fan, I can admit that Dallas, with Romo healthy, potentially puts them as division winners right now, with the REDSKINS a close second.
A lot of folks talking up the Cowboys right now... but folks seem to ignore their problems on defense.

At this point, the Cowboys appear to have the worst defense in the division. They better hope they possess the ball for 40 minutes a game or whatever, because sucking at defense is not a recipe for success.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They gave up on Chip and Davis. They're not giving up on Pederson, Schwartz and Reich.
Ok. We'll see.

Getting rid of Chip Kelly was obviously a good start to healing the problems y'all had. I still don't see things coming together for a playoff run in the immediate future (next year)... but we'll see.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty silly to say our offensive line got worse.

Frizzle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty silly to say our offensive line got worse.

Seriously... signing Stefen Wisniewski was a very big deal even tho it went under the radar. Guy can play C or G. So if kelcee starts to mess up don't be surprised if stefen steps into his spot.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean REDSKINS? Even as a REDSKINS fan, I can admit that Dallas, with Romo healthy, potentially puts them as division winners right now, with the REDSKINS a close second. You might've signed some guards. But how good will they really be? If you listen to Philly beat reporters, they'll tell you that a lot of those "drops" were due to WRs avoiding catching balls that would've gotten them killed. In all, you guys finished second, and avoided third place and a 6-10 record, by barely beating the woeful Giants.

You also seem to miss all the improvements the REDSKINS made this offseason, not the least of which is the return of two TEs that got placed on IR before training camp, the return of Junior Galette and Shawn Lauvao, and the additions of people like Josh Norman. When you look up and down the REDSKINS and Eagles lineup, who do you think has the better of the two, starting with the most important position, QB? If you listen to people like ESP, Mark Eckel and Jimmy Kempski, they'll tell you the unvarnished truth.

I am not politically correct, so I proudly call Washington, the "REDSKINS"!!!!!!!!

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I was pretty clear in what I mean. That may be the stance you want to claim but from what I have been reading Bradford did not want to earn the job. He wanted to have shit handed to him without having to earn it........something that is expected from teenagers not grown men who made $100 mil for doing jack shit.

He said that?

Maybe you read dumb shit.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brandon Brooks and Stefan Wisniewski are very solid players we added at both Guard positions. That compared to absolute garbage we had last season at both Guard spots. That alone should raise the level of play at Center for Jason Kelce as he doesn't have to cover as much for blown assignments from the guys next to him. At Tackle Jason Peters can go back to blocking plays at at average pace as opposed to the high paced Chip Offense where he was sprinting to the sidelines on blocks. Peters is a power guy who had some lingering injuries ... the whole speed offense wasn't doing him any favors. Lane Johnson on the right side will continue to improve ... add in Isaac Seumalo who's an athletic, interior power Lineman and I fully expect this OL to be much improved from last season.

Frizzle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of folks talking up the Cowboys right now... but folks seem to ignore their problems on defense.

At this point, the Cowboys appear to have the worst defense in the division. They better hope they possess the ball for 40 minutes a game or whatever, because sucking at defense is not a recipe for success.

Gotta agree with you there... The Cowboys look good on the O but dismal on the D side of the ball.

I wonder how long Elliots career will be, if they have to control the clock their gonna run the ball a lot. That means Demarco Murray type of run attempts and yardage. I don't care who you are but a few seasons of getting beat on like that and he will be worn out.

IMO the NFC east is wide open, every team has major deficiencies or big changes with their team in the past year. Its going to come down to who is the healthiest, during the season.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He said that?

Maybe you read dumb shit.

Come on Enut.....let's not get stupid. You know as well as anyone here that is what he has been saying. He wanted guarantees that he was going to be the guy going forward.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
13179364_986881864726898_5328151426412991572_n.jpg

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I think with a better job of the WR's; a ball control offense; a better O-Line; and a defense that will keep us the games, SB will be much improved. What happens next is TBD.

Ummm no. It's already been determined. We will get rid of Sam no matter what and hope that Wentz is as good and pray that he is way better.