• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All of a sudden people are proclaiming Russell Wilson the best QB

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Ass !! :what: :wtf2:

Over Brady ! Over Manning ! Over freaking Rodgers ! :arg: :laugh3:

Seems like a lot of people jumping on the Russell Wilson bandwagon and the guy has never won a big game in the NFL playoffs yet.

I say he chokes it all away in the playoffs when other teams spy him all game.

F the Seahawks !

Go 49ers !!

:drum::thrasher:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Who's saying Wilson's been better than Rodgers, Brady or Manning? I haven't heard a single person say that.

He's probably out-played Drew Brees this season though. And Rodgers has been injured, so you really can't compare them this season. Wilson's had a pretty amazing year with some pretty tough obstacles like a beat-up OL and injured receivers.

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't player hate but won't jump the wagon on the division rival. Russell Wilson is a damn good passer. What is the most impressive to me is his play fakes on the read option and play action. It looks pretty damn convincing.

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of the sports talk shows are talking big about Wilson and are proclaiming him the best now. I say he gets his ass whipped in the playoffs. Watch Bowman shut him down this week. Spying is the name of the game . Hold Wilson in the pocket and crush his will.

49ers D will shut him down at the Stick this week.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Dude needs a healthy dose of blitzing-Eric-Reid to commit a nasty personal foul in the first offensive drive. That'll make him want to get rid of the ball a little quicker & stop running around dodging the Niners' pass rushers like a friggn' cat. I'm sure anyone who knocks that guy on his ass would have no problem collecting donations to his league-fine fund.

...In all seriousness the Niners need to play him like the Pats played against Kurt Warner in 2001 / 2002. Leave 7 or 8 back in coverage almost every play. Use a lot of zone D.

Last edited by a moderator:

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Gotta say, of the elite guys, only Manning is clearly playing better than Wilson this year. I'm not crazy about the guy, but he's been pretty darn impressive. Granted he's generally not asked to do nearly as much as those other guys.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta say, of the elite guys, only Manning is clearly playing better than Wilson this year. I'm not crazy about the guy, but he's been pretty darn impressive. Granted he's generally not asked to do nearly as much as those other guys.
I agree about Peyton as the elite who is on top right now. Without considering elites ,an arguement can be made for Nick Foles over RW at this time. 19 tds and no picks with a rating of 125.2 in only 6 starts is more impressive than Wilson's 22 tds and 6 picks with a rating of 108.5 in 12 games. Stats can be misleading ,I know but I don't see RW as an elite or an MVP just yet. He plays for a very solid team.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of the sports talk shows are talking big about Wilson and are proclaiming him the best now. I say he gets his ass whipped in the playoffs. Watch Bowman shut him down this week. Spying is the name of the game . Hold Wilson in the pocket and crush his will.

I've watched Wilson since his first snap as a Seahawk and I'm yet to see him get his will crushed… I wouldn't hold your breath… The guy play's better when pressure is on…. He's not mentally fragile out there … NOT by a long shot…

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm done downplaying or negating what he does in any way, the guy is just awesome. I used to cast some doubt on his arm strength and accuracy, but at this point I'd say both are good. And the rest of his game is top notch. Kind of a 2nd coming of Steve Young, except at the same age Young wasn't doing all that much.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's saying Wilson's been better than Rodgers, Brady or Manning? I haven't heard a single person say that.

He's probably out-played Drew Brees this season though. And Rodgers has been injured, so you really can't compare them this season. Wilson's had a pretty amazing year with some pretty tough obstacles like a beat-up OL and injured receivers.

The sports talk radio people in Seattle have been saying for months that they would take Wilson over any of them. And Stu is right, he doesn't get rattled at all, but I don't think he's better than any of those quarterbacks or even Luck.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Dude needs a healthy dose of blitzing-Eric-Reid to commit a nasty personal foul in the first offensive drive. That'll make him want to get rid of the ball a little quicker & stop running around dodging the Niners' pass rushers like a friggn' cat. I'm sure anyone who knocks that guy on his ass would have no problem collecting donations to his league-fine fund.

...In all seriousness the Niners need to play him like the Pats played against Kurt Warner in 2001 / 2002. Leave 7 or 8 back in coverage almost every play. Use a lot of zone D.

This.

He is extremely good at finding the open man during a 5+ man rush. There's no point in blitzing. The niners need to stay disciplined in passing situations and hope the run D can contain Marshawn.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
play wilson like green bay played young.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ain't gonna happen. All their games will be in Seattle.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've watched Wilson since his first snap as a Seahawk and I'm yet to see him get his will crushed… I wouldn't hold your breath… The guy play's better when pressure is on…. He's not mentally fragile out there … NOT by a long shot…

This is what I feel. He isn't setting the world ablaze with his stats or just completely dominating teams every game. But the guy is never rattled, and he never tries to play above himself. His poise is what sets him apart.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Saints D blows coverages for 4 quarters to make Wilson and Seahawks offense look like the Patriots/Broncos and now Wilson is the best QB in the league? Why is it then their offense has looked below average for over half their games this season?

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Ass !! :what: :wtf2:

Over Brady ! Over Manning ! Over freaking Rodgers ! :arg: :laugh3:

Seems like a lot of people jumping on the Russell Wilson bandwagon and the guy has never won a big game in the NFL playoffs yet.

I say he chokes it all away in the playoffs when other teams spy him all game.

F the Seahawks !

Go 49ers !!

:drum::thrasher:

So going into Washington last year to play against RG3 and where the team haven't won a road playoffs game since 1984 isn't a "big game"? What is a "big game" by your standards? Because I assume every games in the playoffs is a "big game." :wtf2:

And good luck trying to "crush his will."

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I really dont feel like Russel Wilson is that good but he keeps proving me wrong. His scrambling ability is amazing(damn near best in the game) but his arm isn't that great it seems.

It really seems like a lot of his passes are off target and his receivers make amazing catches, but he doesnt have that good of receivers so I dont know why this repeatedly happens.

It seems like a lot of the play design helps with having some players wide open. Seattle more than any other team seems to get some wide open guys for Russell to throw to. I'm sure some of it has to do with him selling the play and doing the fakes though.

I used to think Russell was more lucky than good but he has been doing this for too long now, I guess I have to start realizing he is in fact an elite QB

PaythePiper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, but a QB who RELIES on rolling out every single time to throw down the field is not 'the best' QB

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This whole thing calling these guys that are in their first 1-3 years as the "best" is ridiculous. Just like when they crowed Kap the greatest of all time was just dumb. When I look at QB's I look at the make up of the team and think would they be that good if the team as a whole wasn't as good?

When I read most posts about this its Kap vs Wilson but these guys shouldn't be compared to Brady, Manning, or Rodgers that's just silly.... wait until they get alittle more under their belt and have to sustain it for a few more years.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, but a QB who RELIES on rolling out every single time to throw down the field is not 'the best' QB

Wow you haven't watched much of Wilson have you…. He roll's out when the pocket breaks down he doesn't rely on it… He throws great from the pocket…