• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Discussion

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm convinced Kirilloff is the best hitter in this organization, but he can't ever stay healthy. That might be his lot as a player. Buxton has had a terrible season and if he can't field, he's a liability. But he looks to be trying CF in the minors.

Correa had a nice game tonight, but he has to continue that and earn that vast, vast, vast fortune that the Twins have given him. Vast.

Getting the first two against Texas was huge after the disappointment of the last week. This means that even if it's a sweep by Cleveland that the Twins return home to play the helpless Mets in first place no matter what.
injuries to certain guys that have such promise suck

I am telling you- Espino is the first super prospect the Guardians have had since Lindor--- before that maybe Sabathia. He might never get healthy.

The one that was the huge huge disappointment was Grady Sizemore. He looked like a hall of famer and his first 4 full seasons were ridiculous. Him getting hurt and injuries was just awful since he was such a baseball player. One of the best 5 tool players I have ever seen on the Guardians.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guardians bullpen might be the best in the game right now. Clase, Stephen, Hentges, Morgan, De Los Santos, Moore, Lopez.

Doesn't look like Bieber or McKenzie will be back.- and I was hoping Naylor would be back for this series- but obviously not here.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
injuries to certain guys that have such promise suck

I am telling you- Espino is the first super prospect the Guardians have had since Lindor--- before that maybe Sabathia. He might never get healthy.

The one that was the huge huge disappointment was Grady Sizemore. He looked like a hall of famer and his first 4 full seasons were ridiculous. Him getting hurt and injuries was just awful since he was such a baseball player. One of the best 5 tool players I have ever seen on the Guardians.

Yeah, Grady was a Twin killer, and that was when we had good pitching. Very sweet swing.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bohm just booted that ball high school JV style
That was the night before. Last night was Aaron Nola. I’m giving Bohm a mulligan. He’s worked very hard to become an adequate defensive player in a year he’s been moved all around between 3B and 1B. He used to be a butcher defensively.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm convinced Kirilloff is the best hitter in this organization, but he can't ever stay healthy. That might be his lot as a player. Buxton has had a terrible season and if he can't field, he's a liability. But he looks to be trying CF in the minors.

Correa had a nice game tonight, but he has to continue that and earn that vast, vast, vast fortune that the Twins have given him. Vast.

Getting the first two against Texas was huge after the disappointment of the last week. This means that even if it's a sweep by Cleveland that the Twins return home to play the helpless Mets in first place no matter what.

Ive said it before, but AK if healthy is basically prime Mauer with less average potential but more raw power.

His ability to know the zone and use all fields is incredible. But hes gotta find a way a way to stay on the field

I do think Royce is the better hitter tho(also needs to stay healthy)

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rocco basically punted that game. Players gave it their all.

Royce lewis is a star

Carlos Correa is a fucking joke

Hopefully Tampa wins...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say anything less than a sweep is a death-knell for the Guards.....could be over today - with the huge assumption it was not already over on August 1st--- schedule is too different to make up any meaningful amount of games.

Looks like the Twins thought BAiley Ober was tired too. Same thing will happen to some Guards pitchers if they lose this series.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say anything less than a sweep is a death-knell for the Guards.....could be over today - with the huge assumption it was not already over on August 1st--- schedule is too different to make up any meaningful amount of games.

Looks like the Twins thought BAiley Ober was tired too. Same thing will happen to some Guards pitchers if they lose this series.

Yeah if the Twins can just win 1 its likely over. If we win 2 or 3 its 100% over.

Ober hasnt even pitched since he was sent down im curious if they even throw him again. Which they should try after a little rest simply because Maeda(also clearly on fumes) and Keuchel(just not good enough) are also currently pitching.

We are basically a 3 man rotation right now. Luckily all 3 of them pitch this week vs you guys to give us best chance to win some.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Varland coming up to help the bullpen. Long term plan i still for him to be a starter but he was throwin 100 mph as a reliever in St Paul to get ready for this

Hopefully he can be an effective bullpen arm. We could use it right now.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also a big thing about this week that I think a lot of people dont realize is that with the new playoff format there is no more game 163's. Tie goes to head to head.

So really Guards are 4.5 back right now not 5 because if they own the head to head. Only way Twins can win the head to head is sweeping this series, which would end the division anyways. If Twins sweep there wont be a tie.

So if Guards can pull off the sweep its 1.5 and very interesting.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giolito lost all command with his slider and change. Basically abandoned his heater

Then decides to finally throw it on a 2-0 pitch down the middle to the best hitter in the division.

Huge start. Pablo has to just shut em down now.

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giolito lost all command with his slider and change. Basically abandoned his heater

Then decides to finally throw it on a 2-0 pitch down the middle to the best hitter in the division.

Huge start. Pablo has to just shut em down now.
Another two out hit by lewis. Grand salami.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another two out hit by lewis. Grand salami.

His walk rate has already improved since his recall but that AB is a reason why its never been a worry. The guy mashes pitches. Tough to draw a walk if you hit the first mistake you get.

Hes a little suseptible to the low and away slider. If he harnesses that. Watch the fuck out.

Just an amazing talent. Please hold up knees.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is ridiculous. Guardians just going with a position player starting in the 6th.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy is Headrick awful though

Cant even do mop up duty correctly. No idea why we keep calling him up