• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Discussion

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only silver lining about the last two losses is Twins waiver order went up big time

Now only Guardians/Marlins/Reds of contenders are in front of them and I dont see Guardians spending and they dont really need a bullpen guy or righty bat bad enough.

My fear is that both Reds and Marlins want Moore and Lopez so those two will be gone.

Leaving twins with Grichuk/Bader/Renfroe. My preference is that order.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow.

Guardians grab Giolito and Lopez?

did not see that coming.

Yeah nevermind wtf.

You can never have too much bullpen arms but doing both is baffling.

They aint out of it. But this is a team that shipped off Civale and now is adding random payroll down 5.

Yesterday gave them a lot of confidence though.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the Twins got nothing haha wtf.

Wonder who the fuck they put in claism for. Im assuming Lopez

But no clue how they didnt get a bat. Must not have wanted a bat as bad.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah nevermind wtf.

You can never have too much bullpen arms but doing both is baffling.

They aint out of it. But this is a team that shipped off Civale and now is adding random payroll down 5.

Yesterday gave them a lot of confidence though.
Cheap compensation when they sign elsewhere this winter.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another plus to this

Blowing 7 game lead with 30 to go already would look bad

But coupling it with how they lost yesterday. Plus not adding to the bullpen at deadline. Plus losing out on all waivers. Plus giving cleveland confidence to throw a hail mary and add two.

This all is at least building towards the unthinkable happening. If we somehow blow it, we will clean house completely.

Biggest downside to winning the Central was keeping all the bozos in control. If we blow this at the very least Falvey or Rocco have to go.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cheap compensation when they sign elsewhere this winter.

They dont get anything when they leave

Basically they just pay the 1 month worth of salary.

Angels werent even gonna get compensation for Giolito thats why they waived him haha

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They dont get anything when they leave

Basically they just pay the 1 month worth of salary.

Angels werent even gonna get compensation for Giolito thats why they waived him haha
Oh ok. I thought if they gave a qualifying offer they would get a compensatory pick. My bad.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh ok. I thought if they gave a qualifying offer they would get a compensatory pick. My bad.

Nope that is only if it was your player under contract. So definitely not a waiver pick up ha

What suprised me is it also extends to trade deadline trades(that i didnt know until two days ago). So thats why Giolito was waived. Since Angels traded from him from Sox they cant get pick compensation. Only the Sox could have.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Renfroe also went to Reds.

This shit was so unheard off with all these players at once. I thought teams could only get 1 player at a time ahha. Apparently not. Well we never had a shot.

Grichuk going unclaimed is baffling. Twins would rather roster Jordan Luplow lmao

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guardians did this as a full fledge block of the Twins

They need bats lol and didnt try for a single one.

Giolito even the shitty Angels version is a upgrade over THor and trash can Quantril so that made sense. But the other two moves were basically a fuck you to the Twins and if we win the division basically just helps the Big market teams kick the central in the balls again.

Nice alliance assholes.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guardians did this as a full fledge block of the Twins

They need bats lol and didnt try for a single one.

Giolito even the shitty Angels version is a upgrade over THor and trash can Quantril so that made sense. But the other two moves were basically a fuck you to the Twins and if we win the division basically just helps the Big market teams kick the central in the balls again.

Nice alliance assholes.
I dont think it has anything to do with the Twins.

I think it was a sop to Francona and giving him a small razor thin chance in his last year- coughing up 4 million or so bucks.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think it has anything to do with the Twins.

I think it was a sop to Francona and giving him a small razor thin chance in his last year- coughing up 4 million or so bucks.

It makes the next 6 games very interesing

Guardians have Rays but its home at least and Rays while winning post Franco still not scary and you all match up with them well. Twins go to Texas and have absolutely nightmare pitching match ups. Im praying for 1 win. If Guardians can take 2 of 3 they are sitting nice.

Then its the final 3 game showdown.

If in these next 6 Guardians can get the lead down to 3 they are still alive. Anything less than 3 and its clearly game on.

If its still more than 3 I think youre pretty screwed cause our schedule is a joke to finish. So making up 4+ in 22 games with our schedule would need a miracle.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It makes the next 6 games very interesing

Guardians have Rays but its home at least and Rays while winning post Franco still not scary and you all match up with them well. Twins go to Texas and have absolutely nightmare pitching match ups. Im praying for 1 win. If Guardians can take 2 of 3 they are sitting nice.

Then its the final 3 game showdown.

If in these next 6 Guardians can get the lead down to 3 they are still alive. Anything less than 3 and its clearly game on.

If its still more than 3 I think youre pretty screwed cause our schedule is a joke to finish. So making up 4+ in 22 games with our schedule would need a miracle.
I dont think you have much to worry about. The Guardians pitching was good before today and is still good now- maybe a little better. The lineup is still the same lineup- and unless Josh Naylor comes off the DL raking and other guys step up- they are dead in the water.