• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Discussion

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think you have much to worry about. The Guardians pitching was good before today and is still good now- maybe a little better. The lineup is still the same lineup- and unless Josh Naylor comes off the DL raking and other guys step up- they are dead in the water.

TBH its not really these moves that move the needle much. Like you said the 2 bullpen guys are good but they just clog in with already good later inning arms.

Giolito will be an improvment.

But my comment still stands just simply from the fact 5 is doable and like I said these next 6 are an opportunity. If some crazy happens the door opens. But I do think these next 6 are the last chance to make it interesting.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Renfroe also went to Reds.

This shit was so unheard off with all these players at once. I thought teams could only get 1 player at a time ahha. Apparently not. Well we never had a shot.

Grichuk going unclaimed is baffling. Twins would rather roster Jordan Luplow lmao

Luplow is gone as soon as Buxton is back and Gallo should be gone as soon as Kirilloff is back.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luplow is gone as soon as Buxton is back and Gallo should be gone as soon as Kirilloff is back.

We get two extra players with expansion so depends on we use those.

Austin Martin and Louie Varland should be up here. But with Castro/Buck/Ak coming back that means 3 guys gotta go.

I say Luplow, Sands, Gallo

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Austin Martin and Louie Varland should be up here. But with Castro/Buck/Ak coming back that means 3 guys gotta go.

Agreed. Sands was an intriguing prospect at one point, I thought he might have been a decent long man, but he isn't anything that can't be replaced.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Sands was an intriguing prospect at one point, I thought he might have been a decent long man, but he isn't anything that can't be replaced.

Yeah we cant keep rostering a guy that is so bad we literally only throw him in blowouts. Thats just a waste of space.

We already have Winder who is hit or miss but he does legit long relief and has on mulitple occaisions saved the day. We dont need Cole Sands pitching when we are up or down 10.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lance Lynns FIP is now higher with the Dodgers than White Sox.....

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Austin Martin....seems like he has been around in the minors forever...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stayed home from work today- started getting sick Wednesday night- got worse and worse Thursday- and I am in bad shape right now- prob. have covid - got a test and some medicine earlier today at the urgent care....ughh im miserable- sucks so bad for labor day weekend

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Austin Martin....seems like he has been around in the minors forever...

Was looking like a bust but is absolutely raking in AAA right now.

Of course, didnt call him up...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
despite graduating Bibee, Williams, Kwan, Gimenez (he did start with the Mets for a little while), Allen, Naylor, Arias, - all guys that were were on the MLB top 100 prospect list at some point......

still have 4 guys in the top 100 - Rocchio, Espino, Manzardo and DeLateuer

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was looking like a bust but is absolutely raking in AAA right now.

Of course, didnt call him up...
just looked- he is 20th on MLB/coms list for the Twins--- 24 years old.......some guys just dont mature till later on. Ithink the Guards dropped the ball on Nolan Jones to a certain point

but it was their own fault since they never made that big trade they should have amde to clear 40 man roster move- hence guys like Will Benson and Nolan Jones are gone for little coming back.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just looked- he is 20th on MLB/coms list for the Twins--- 24 years old.......some guys just dont mature till later on. Ithink the Guards dropped the ball on Nolan Jones to a certain point

but it was their own fault since they never made that big trade they should have amde to clear 40 man roster move- hence guys like Will Benson and Nolan Jones are gone for little coming back.

Yeah Jones appears to be a really nice player you all good def use him. Benson appears to be a good bat too but hes more of a platoon.

One thing I will say about both in their first full year is that while they play in massive hitter parks, the do not have home dominant splits. Benson actually way better on the road

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stayed home from work today- started getting sick Wednesday night- got worse and worse Thursday- and I am in bad shape right now- prob. have covid - got a test and some medicine earlier today at the urgent care....ughh im miserable- sucks so bad for labor day weekend
I think it’s horrible that uninvited bacteria and viruses invade our bodies without permission.

It makes me sick!

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Division lead about to be 4 games.

Guardians got to Glasnow. Twins predictably cant touch Scherzer

The fact we continue to let Vazquez bat every other game should result in every single person in the organization being fired

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
great game by the Guardians. Quintrell with a solid return- beat Glasnow. Good game.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Division lead about to be 4 games.

Guardians got to Glasnow. Twins predictably cant touch Scherzer

The fact we continue to let Vazquez bat every other game should result in every single person in the organization being fired

Nvm. Rangers bullpen is horrendous.

And fucking Luplow and Vazquez do damage. Unreal.

Big win to keep it at 5. 27 games to go.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guardians bullpen has been great lately - they had to send KArinchak down all though he has been very good since he was called up. Hentges, and Morgan, Stephen have all looked really good.

The thing about the Twins though is that they have 3 guys who have all star talent or near all star talent that are often hurt and can cant fully put it together. If Correa, Buxton and Kiriloff ever all got healthy and going at the same time- with the other supporting guys- it would be a very very good offense. It just rarely ever seems to happen.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guardians bullpen has been great lately - they had to send KArinchak down all though he has been very good since he was called up. Hentges, and Morgan, Stephen have all looked really good.

The thing about the Twins though is that they have 3 guys who have all star talent or near all star talent that are often hurt and can cant fully put it together. If Correa, Buxton and Kiriloff ever all got healthy and going at the same time- with the other supporting guys- it would be a very very good offense. It just rarely ever seems to happen.

I'm convinced Kirilloff is the best hitter in this organization, but he can't ever stay healthy. That might be his lot as a player. Buxton has had a terrible season and if he can't field, he's a liability. But he looks to be trying CF in the minors.

Correa had a nice game tonight, but he has to continue that and earn that vast, vast, vast fortune that the Twins have given him. Vast.

Getting the first two against Texas was huge after the disappointment of the last week. This means that even if it's a sweep by Cleveland that the Twins return home to play the helpless Mets in first place no matter what.