• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Discussion

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Ragans and Lugo are starting to get tired. Ragans is way over his career high---- Lugo had 146 IP last year- but that was a biiiig jump up for him.

Lugo:
2021- 46 IP
2022- 65 IP
2023- 146 IP
2024- 179 IP

Ragans
2023- 71 IP
2024- 161 IP

both guys are getting tired I think.

Wacha will be at his career high too

Royals aren't making the playoffs. Probably Detroit

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

both guys are awesome but that innings jump is real.

Last year Ober and Ryan got struck with it--- Ober fell apart and Ryan got hurt.

Bibee is actually getting up there too--- however Cobb, Boyd and Williams are all basically fresh (if they can stay healthy).

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
both guys are awesome but that innings jump is real.

Last year Ober and Ryan got struck with it--- Ober fell apart and Ryan got hurt.

Bibee is actually getting up there too--- however Cobb, Boyd and Williams are all basically fresh (if they can stay healthy).
Yes it is
They aren't young pitchers either.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pablo Lopez qualifies as a fucking work horse in todays game--- been hot, and staying hot at the right time too.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

losing Pasquintino hurt too--- he was def. producing- but even at his numbers it always seemed his contribution was more than just what the stats said.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Royals would have had 3 guys at 20+ homers and 100+ rbis--- pretty cool for them. Even though they are competing with my Guards- its good to see a team like them jump back into relevancy

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what is kind of amazing about the Guardians this year is- if you wouldve asked me on March 1 who are best non-closer high leverage guys are I would have said Stephen, Karinchak and Hentges--- they have gotten like 20 IP from those 3 guys combined and their bullpen has been amazing.

Gotta give the scouting staff and coaching staff some credit there. Smith, Gaddis, and Herrin really figured shit out in a hurry.

Barlow will be gone next year and his 7M contract--- hopefully Stephen will be back and Hentges--- who knows with Karinchak.

I wonder if the Guards will try and re-sign any of Cobb, Boyd and Bieber....will be interesting to see. I have no clue what the fuck is going on with MCKenzie- why he hasnt had surgery is just mind blowing- he shouldve had it last June.

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
losing Pasquintino hurt too--- he was def. producing- but even at his numbers it always seemed his contribution was more than just what the stats said.
Yeah he was a true 3 hitter. Now we have to mix and match

Great season regardless of how bad September is.

Need to buy Santander this winter.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah he was a true 3 hitter. Now we have to mix and match

Great season regardless of how bad September is.

Need to buy Santander this winter.
I remember like 3-4 years ago Royals had like 3 or 4 really highly valued starting pitching prospects- Lynch, Lacy, Singer, - i feel like I am missing one or two more as well.

Singer has at least been solid - some solid moments, a few really good moments and some rough moments.

Lynch and Lacy just bombed out it seems. At least they stole Ragans and did a great job signing Wacha and Lugo to smart contracts.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HAHAHAHA-- this is awesome batting practice against a feeble White sux team-- omg they are horrible and we are loving it-- 7-0 after 3! Prediction-- final O's 22- white sux 0. So funny.... go O's!!!! World Series here we come!!!!

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
next year the Guardians free up some decent money (at least for them)

-Hedges- 4M
-Laureano- 5M
-Bieber- 12M
-Barlow- 7M
-Segura/Bell- 12M

about 40m coming off the books of guys that really havent done shit for the most part. I hope they get Naylor and Kwan signed. I am skeptical on Naylor since he has 1 year left, doesnt have a great body, and Manzardo is in the wings.....Kwan has 3 years left--- is the guy that gotta get tied up long term.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HAHAHAHA-- this is awesome batting practice against a feeble White sux team-- omg they are horrible and we are loving it-- 7-0 after 3! Prediction-- final O's 22- white sux 0. So funny.... go O's!!!! World Series here we come!!!!
O's def. have the hitting to make a run

kinda think the pitching is gonna be their downfall though. Bullpen especially. Burnes has gotta be an ace too and he hasnt looked so great lately either.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pitching? How many runs have the White sux scored tonight? We have all the pitching needed to whoop these other MLB teams. No problem. Go O's!!!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They sure do and for that matter so do the Tiggers... the Central is bargain basement teams looking for handouts. Go O's!!!! Nothing will stop us this year!

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland starters- last 4 games- 25 IP- 3 ER. Rotation is coming together at the right time.

Guards somehow pulling Cobb and Boyd out of nowhere when everyone was scrambling for starting pitching is pretty wild.

rotation is the best its been all year
bullpen has been getting rest
some of the bottom of the lineup guys- Thomas, Naylor, Rocchio, Gimenez are showing life
Manzardo and Noel showing some pop

just need Kwan to get his head out of his ass

and for Jose to finish off this season with 40/40- would be awesome.

a looooot of baseball yet to be played though- a series against the Dodgers coming up- and soon after the Twins--- absolutely nothing has been decided yet- but its good to see the team righting the ship after some very tough weeks (if not months!)

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They sure do and for that matter so do the Tiggers... the Central is bargain basement teams looking for handouts. Go O's!!!! Nothing will stop us this year!
in the playoffs bullpen matters more than anything---- especially elite bullpen talent when you have off days.

Orioles are definitely capable of a World Series with that lineup- but acting so cocky when your bullpen is very very mediocre might come back and bite you.

I can tell you this- the Guardians do not fear the Orioles. Rodriguez is hurt right now--- who would be the Orioles 3 or 4 starters in a series? No one is afraid of Dominguez, Cano and Kimbrel at the back end of the bullpen.

The Orioles could def. win it but if they do its going to be because the bats carry them because the pitching looks shaky.