• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Discussion

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Guardians have needed a left handed bat for the past 6 weeks---- Manzardo finally comes up and performs....seems like it was a little late coming--- not sure why the Yanks are doing the same with Dominguez.

Guards lineup might actually have a little power going Jose, Naylor, Noel, Manzardo now...even Gimenez is hitting a little better lately.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boyd and Cobb have looked pretty good thus far

Gavin and Bibee really need to get it going---- 6 road games in a row now vs. the Royals and Dodgers.....need to get at least 3 of them to stay in a good spot.

After that series against the White Sox, Rays and Twins.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boyd and Cobb have looked pretty good thus far

Gavin and Bibee really need to get it going---- 6 road games in a row now vs. the Royals and Dodgers.....need to get at least 3 of them to stay in a good spot.

After that series against the White Sox, Rays and Twins.

This has tightened way up.

Additionally the gap from the 3rd wild card down is shrinking as well.

Cleveland is in outside danger of missing the playoffs. The hitting "luck" has completely derailed for them

This would be a thing if it was just Boston chasing them. Is it likely they miss the playoffs? No it isn't. Given their play over the last 57 games is 7 games below .500 it is not completely ridiculous for them to have a 11 and 19 kind of finish however.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I quoted the wrong message but whatevs. Point made

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has tightened way up.

Additionally the gap from the 3rd wild card down is shrinking as well.

Cleveland is in outside danger of missing the playoffs. The hitting "luck" has completely derailed for them

This would be a thing if it was just Boston chasing them. Is it likely they miss the playoffs? No it isn't. Given their play over the last 57 games is 7 games below .500 it is not completely ridiculous for them to have a 11 and 19 kind of finish however.
no

their schedule has really been brutal since mid July and that is ending now. At one point their rotation was an absolute mess- Bibee missed 2 weeks, Williams was just coming back- they literally had nothing but Lively healthy and pitching well.

with Boyd and Cobb in the rotation, Bibee healthy, and Lively and Williams- its solidified.

have you seen what Boyd and Cobb are doing? for a while there it was bullpen games and Cantillo.

plus- Jose, Kwan, Naylor, Fry were all slumping at the same time for a while.

it was a brutal stretch where they had bad starting pitching, injured starting pitching, played a ton of good teams, and had abunch of hitters slumping at the same time.

most of that is fixed now. 0.0% chance they miss the playoffs. A much bigger question is if Jose will get to 40/40....its close. Never been 2 40/40 players in the same season.....Jose just needs 6 more homers and 6 more steals.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boyd and Cobb have combined for about 50 innings of 2.5 ERA baseball. Each are getting deeper into games. Compared to what they replaced? holy shit. Exactly what was needed for the bullpen.

Cobb was throwing 95 with some great stuff yesterday- and a perfecto into the 7th.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no

their schedule has really been brutal since mid July and that is ending now. At one point their rotation was an absolute mess- Bibee missed 2 weeks, Williams was just coming back- they literally had nothing but Lively healthy and pitching well.

with Boyd and Cobb in the rotation, Bibee healthy, and Lively and Williams- its solidified.

have you seen what Boyd and Cobb are doing? for a while there it was bullpen games and Cantillo.

plus- Jose, Kwan, Naylor, Fry were all slumping at the same time for a while.

it was a brutal stretch where they had bad starting pitching, injured starting pitching, played a ton of good teams, and had abunch of hitters slumping at the same time.

most of that is fixed now. 0.0% chance they miss the playoffs. A much bigger question is if Jose will get to 40/40....its close. Never been 2 40/40 players in the same season.....Jose just needs 6 more homers and 6 more steals.

Fry isnt slumping. He's regressing to the mean.

57 game stretch and you bring up schedule? Lol come on man.

We will see how Cleveland is sitting after these next 6 games. Huge stretch. Obviously it is about 99 percent they make the playoffs, I was just pointing out how badly they'd been playing.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fry isnt slumping. He's regressing to the mean.

57 game stretch and you bring up schedule? Lol come on man.

We will see how Cleveland is sitting after these next 6 games. Huge stretch. Obviously it is about 99 percent they make the playoffs, I was just pointing out how badly they'd been playing.
their have been around 40 games since the All Star break- which coincided with parts where Bibee got hurt, and Carrasco/Allen/McKenzie either got hurt or sent down that went and Williams came up with no spring training- and they integrated Boyd and Cobb into the rotation who had not pitched this year.

San Diego- a very good team
Detroit- over .500- decent
Philly- one of the best teams
Detroit again- over .500- decent
Baltimore- very good
Arizona- another very good team
Minnesota- another playoff team
Chicago- above .500- decent
Milwaukee- very good playoff team
Yankees- very good playoff team
Texas- not very good- but not terrible
KC- pretty good
Pitt- not good- but not terrible

out of the 13 post all star break series- 8 have been against playoff teams- and the others are mostly decent teams- not good. It was a brutal stretch- as early as June I said it was going to be a brutal stretch. 2 of the series against below .500 teams.

After the Dodgers series- it gets to be just a fairly decent schedule- not just playoff team after playoff team- with a couple mediocre teams mixed in- but no really bad teams beside maybe Texas and Pitt? who like I said- they arent the White Sox or Marlins or Angels, or A's, or Rockies.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
their have been around 40 games since the All Star break- which coincided with parts where Bibee got hurt, and Carrasco/Allen/McKenzie either got hurt or sent down that went and Williams came up with no spring training- and they integrated Boyd and Cobb into the rotation who had not pitched this year.

Baltimore- very good
KC- pretty good

out of the 13 post all star break series- 8 have been against playoff teams- and the others are mostly decent teams- not good. It was a brutal stretch- as early as June I said it was going to be a brutal stretch. 2 of the series against below .500 teams.

After the Dodgers series- it gets to be just a fairly decent schedule- not just playoff team after playoff team- with a couple mediocre teams mixed in- but no really bad teams beside maybe Texas and Pitt? who like I said- they arent the White Sox or Marlins or Angels, or A's, or Rockies.

Dude, in 57 games they were 25 and 32. That's 35 percent of the season. Most everyone has major rotations injuries, Detroit just went nearly a month with one starter they began the year with.

They will be in the playoffs, I wouldn't be super excited with their chances from there.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, in 57 games they were 25 and 32. That's 35 percent of the season. Most everyone has major rotations injuries, Detroit just went nearly a month with one starter they began the year with.

They will be in the playoffs, I wouldn't be super excited with their chances from there.
Boston would have to go 19-11 (at that point)--- they are 3 games over .500 for the entire season--- and then they would go 8 games over their final 30? gmafb

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
right now the Guardians rotation is the best its been all season.

Bibee and Lively remain solid

Williams is getting it together

Boyd and Cobb look like very solid back end guys- if not more than that.

if anything the downturn mightve been the best thing that couldve happened- and that they didnt peak too soon.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GAvin retired 16 straight

if the Guardians keep getting 6-7 good innings out of their starters and can give that bullpen some rest they are gonna be tough to beat come October.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston would have to go 19-11 (at that point)--- they are 3 games over .500 for the entire season--- and then they would go 8 games over their final 30? gmafb

What does any of that have to do with what I said.

Last edited:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been real k.c. Now go shrivel up in a corner and finish your death throws.
I think Ragans and Lugo are starting to get tired. Ragans is way over his career high---- Lugo had 146 IP last year- but that was a biiiig jump up for him.

Lugo:
2021- 46 IP
2022- 65 IP
2023- 146 IP
2024- 179 IP

Ragans
2023- 71 IP
2024- 161 IP

both guys are getting tired I think.

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Ragans and Lugo are starting to get tired. Ragans is way over his career high---- Lugo had 146 IP last year- but that was a biiiig jump up for him.

Lugo:
2021- 46 IP
2022- 65 IP
2023- 146 IP
2024- 179 IP

Ragans
2023- 71 IP
2024- 161 IP

both guys are getting tired I think.
They are definitely swooning, that's for sure.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been real k.c. Now go shrivel up in a corner and finish your death throws.
They win this series vs CLE they certainly are still in the mix. If they get swept it will be tough especially after losing their 1st baseman but still in line for a WC slot. They just can't go on these kind of slumps. Shit happens though.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care about streaks. It all matters how you are playing when you get into the playoffs. Cleveland needs their rotation in great form and hitting needs to be more consistent.

Right now Houston is playing well and I said it months ago when they were shitting the bed....that this team always find a way to win the division and compete. I don't know how everyone just turns a corner at the right time but fuck em.

Houston and NY the most dangerous in the East - other team is Baltimore
Philly and LA the most dangerous in the West - other team is Milwaukee

I don't believe in many of the AL teams and same with NL teams. Mets shit the bed. Braves haven't been right all season. Padres, won't nut up when the time is right. D-backs had an extremely hot run last season, I don't believe it will happen again. Star power always seems to come in the way of Cleveland (NY and Houston).

Same shit. Different year.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Baltimore- very good
KC- pretty good

I think they definitely had a ridiculous schedule. It felt like forever. Another tough 5 games.

At this point...among the best in the AL

Cheatros the 21st most difficult remaining schedule
Guardians the 20th most difficult schedule.
Orioles the 19th most difficult.
Red Sox the 18th most difficult.
Twins the 13th most difficult.
Yankees the 10th most difficult.
Royals the 8th most difficult.

MLB Remaining Schedule Strength | Tankathon