• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AFCN Hate Guide

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is so stupid.... If you want to discuss the many player the Bengals had with arrest records from 2003-2010, I'm sure any of us would be glad to participate. Odell Thurman, Chris Henry, PacMan, a bunch of random dudes. Marvin loved playing Father Flannigan. If you had talent but you dropped in the draft due to character concerns, the Bengals were happy to have you.

To my knowledge, the only current Bengal with anything going on off the field is Joe Mixon - One of about three guys left from the Marvin era of drafting. And honestly, before the two charges popped up this winter, his record in Cincinnati was squeaky clean.

So yes... The Bengals used to be the poster children for bad behavior. And if you go far enough back in your analysis (2000), it will still look that way. I guess it's sort of like saying that the Steelers are one of the best teams in football because they are near the top in postseason wins since 2000. That's totally true - Doesn't mean it says much about the group of guys that have been there the past 5 or 6 years.
Truth. If you reel that sample size to the last 10-15 years I bet the Steelers would be higher than most.

Please excuse my shitposting…

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truth. If you reel that sample size to the last 10-15 years I bet the Steelers would be higher than most.

Please excuse my shitposting…
I'm all for shitposting! And the Bengals totally deserved all the shit they got for some of those Marvin teams. I think that's partly why he never got a second chance at coaching. But, I think a lot of the Marvin influence is long gone now.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is so stupid.... If you want to discuss the many player the Bengals had with arrest records from 2003-2010, I'm sure any of us would be glad to participate. Odell Thurman, Chris Henry, PacMan, a bunch of random dudes. Marvin loved playing Father Flannigan. If you had talent but you dropped in the draft due to character concerns, the Bengals were happy to have you.

To my knowledge, the only current Bengal with anything going on off the field is Joe Mixon - One of about three guys left from the Marvin era of drafting. And honestly, before the two charges popped up this winter, his record in Cincinnati was squeaky clean.

So yes... The Bengals used to be the poster children for bad behavior. And if you go far enough back in your analysis (2000), it will still look that way. I guess it's sort of like saying that the Steelers are one of the best teams in football because they are near the top in postseason wins since 2000. That's totally true - Doesn't mean it says much about the group of guys that have been there the past 5 or 6 years.
And the 1 charge wasn't him - it was his sister...

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Former Bengals running back Corey Dillon is flipping mad about the franchise's ring of honor selection process."

His 8,061 rushing yards and 1,865 attempts lead the franchise in both categories by a wide margin, which is primarily why he believes he should be in Cincinnati's ring of honor.

From a distance, I think Dillon has a point.

Gypsumstack

Hoopla Cash
$ 945.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Former Bengals running back Corey Dillon is flipping mad about the franchise's ring of honor selection process."

His 8,061 rushing yards and 1,865 attempts lead the franchise in both categories by a wide margin, which is primarily why he believes he should be in Cincinnati's ring of honor.

Statistically, he should be for sure. I'm willing to bet he will be added in the near future. Problem is, I am pretty sure the ring of honor selection included a fan vote, and Corey did leave the fans with a pretty big middle finger when he left the team.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't help that most Bengals fans would like to forget that era of Bengals football. Dillon was an absolute beast - And he might be one of the best running backs in the modern era if you factor in everything going against him (stacked lines, terrible team, etc). But Bengals fans don't really like reminiscing much about Dillon's glory days. So, even without his bad behavior, the fans probably wouldn't put him as high on their lists.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nope. Let him shake his fist at the sky. He quitted on the franchise.

Ickey Shuffle

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't help that most Bengals fans would like to forget that era of Bengals football. Dillon was an absolute beast - And he might be one of the best running backs in the modern era if you factor in everything going against him (stacked lines, terrible team, etc). But Bengals fans don't really like reminiscing much about Dillon's glory days. So, even without his bad behavior, the fans probably wouldn't put him as high on their lists.

He's in the same tier as Takeo Spikes and Carson Palmer for me personally. Not high at all.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you’re going to rule out Bengals based upon the fact that they played for a bad era of Bungles football why even have a Ring of Honor? Weird. 3/4 of their franchise history has been epic dog shit.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Dillon still has a point and most likely just saying the obvious knowing he's the last one they put in.

Is ocho in?

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you’re going to rule out Bengals based upon the fact that they played for a bad era of Bungles football why even have a Ring of Honor? Weird. 3/4 of their franchise history has been epic dog shit.

agreed he should get in eventually but they just started this. so given the fact they were not very good during his tenure he'd get knocked down a bit.

they only have 6 total so far

Ickey Shuffle

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure complaining that the fans shouldn't have a say is going to win their vote over lol

Dude is psycho.

Hell, I'll put AJ Green in the ROH before him. He knew what the Bengals were about. Not once he bitched about it. Generational talent, but he played for them until he was washed. And the one time he seemed frustrated with the Bengals, he toke it out on the opponent ( Jalen Ramsey ).

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude is psycho.

Hell, I'll put AJ Green in the ROH before him. He knew what the Bengals were about. Not once he bitched about it. Generational talent, but he played for them until he was washed. And the one time he seemed frustrated with the Bengals, he toke it out on the opponent ( Jalen Ramsey ).

I can understand a guy wanting to be in a better situation to win a ring (as Dillon did) but there is a better way to go about it.

As said above he has a better gripe over the HOF than being one of the first 6 Bengals chosen for their team accolades. Boomer Esiason isn't in for chrissakes. Which I think is kinda weird. Moreso than Dillon. He'd have got In eventually if not for this move. Now he may never get in.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bengals run from 1992-2003 was awful. There is no other way to describe it. But those 12 seasons are not 3/4 of their history.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agreed he should get in eventually but they just started this. so given the fact they were not very good during his tenure he'd get knocked down a bit.

they only have 6 total so far
This is the true reason for the 'snub.' The Bengals never bothered to do a ring of honor until two seasons ago. When they decided to only let two players in at a time, it intentionally created a pretty big pile-up. Dillon is easily one of the best 20 Bengals to ever play - But it will take some time to get to him because he isn't very popular with the fans and he played in a bad era.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the thing...Dillon will be in, and he should be in. The issue is, this thing is just 2 years old, and all of the guys who are currently voted in deserve it more than Dillon. Even Boomer Esiason has alluded to this, understanding that because the Bengals waited so long to incorporate some type of HOF for their past players - it will be likely be 5-6 years before things really start catching up.

Paul Brown. Ken Anderson, Ken Riley, Isaac Curtis, Willie Anderson and Anthony Munoz...I mean, we're talking about the founder, a HOF OT, a DB who will get inducted this year, an OT that will likely get in over the next year, or two, a QB who should be in (IMO, not to mention helped take the Bengals to super bowls)....Dillon is in that next tier of guys: Boomer, Pickens, Scott, Dillon and there are others, of course. He likely would have gotten in, if not this next vote, likely the one after...

At least Dillon is consistent - Dillon is only concerned for Dillon, and if he feels disrespected, facts don't get in the way of his bitching and moaning.

Last edited:

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ken Anderson was an NFL special QB. Dillon also made Cincy relevant.
I think Dillon was the best RB in Bengals history. So naturally he shouldnt be in the ROH. LOL