• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AFCN Hate Guide

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought you had to be good to make demands. Maybe there is a gm out there that thinks he can be fixed
Same thought I had. Like, dude you aren't good enough to be making demands like that. But good luck

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Williams hasn't really ever been that good...I think he had 1 year where he was "good" but nothing over the top...and since then he's been...sub par to be kind, and last year was a disaster. Maybe the injury was a big part of that, but then it's his fault for playing on a knee that clearly made him the worst rated LT in the game ...

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Williams hasn't really ever been that good...I think he had 1 year where he was "good" but nothing over the top...and since then he's been...sub par to be kind, and last year was a disaster. Maybe the injury was a big part of that, but then it's his fault for playing on a knee that clearly made him the worst rated LT in the game ...
I think he was 'good by comparison' for a few years..... That is, when you're starting Michael Jordan, Billy Price, and Bobby Hart, it's hard to be seen as the weak-link. This past year he was the lowest performer in several games and this was a line that was playing a 4th round rookie and a RT that was physically limited.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he was 'good by comparison' for a few years..... That is, when you're starting Michael Jordan, Billy Price, and Bobby Hart, it's hard to be seen as the weak-link. This past year he was the lowest performer in several games and this was a line that was playing a 4th round rookie and a RT that was physically limited.
IIRC, he was the worst rated LT in the NFL last year.

Not good, Bob. Not good.

Was it the injury? He originally sustained the knee-cap injury in week 4 or 5, but was able to play with a brace. But, yes - he was "OK" by how bad the rest of the line was, but has never really graded out more than just marginally.

I also don't understand why he wouldn't want to just ball out at RT, go and win that job, and ball out and go off into F/A and make some bank. He really doesn't have a ton of leverage to demand a trade. The LT spot is secured, and they have Carman and Adeniji who can both play LT in a pinch, and Adeniji and Collins (still on the roster) at RT - with designs of getting a look at Carman at RT...so, basically...the Bengals are at least stocked at the OT's spot and that's before you add Ford to the mix. Williams threatens to sit out - and what's the impact? None. Bengals have 4 guys for 2 spots without Williams at the moment, and can still draft an OT in the first 2-3 rounds.

The only leverage for trading Williams is to get the 12.6M back in cap space - which is a massive chunk...suddenly - Bengals have room for another major contract either in F/A or for an extension.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IIRC, he was the worst rated LT in the NFL last year.

Not good, Bob. Not good.

Was it the injury? He originally sustained the knee-cap injury in week 4 or 5, but was able to play with a brace. But, yes - he was "OK" by how bad the rest of the line was, but has never really graded out more than just marginally.

I also don't understand why he wouldn't want to just ball out at RT, go and win that job, and ball out and go off into F/A and make some bank. He really doesn't have a ton of leverage to demand a trade. The LT spot is secured, and they have Carman and Adeniji who can both play LT in a pinch, and Adeniji and Collins (still on the roster) at RT - with designs of getting a look at Carman at RT...so, basically...the Bengals are at least stocked at the OT's spot and that's before you add Ford to the mix. Williams threatens to sit out - and what's the impact? None. Bengals have 4 guys for 2 spots without Williams at the moment, and can still draft an OT in the first 2-3 rounds.

The only leverage for trading Williams is to get the 12.6M back in cap space - which is a massive chunk...suddenly - Bengals have room for another major contract either in F/A or for an extension.
Yeah.... It's amazing how much the Orlando Brown deal makes sense. Seemed like a surprise deal when it happened, but given all the circumstances and opportunities created by the deal, it really worked out well.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would trade him for a can of Skyline Chili if that was possible. Now they're possibly getting another quality player and/or cap space? What a time to behold.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick Scott is defintely a Lou guy. Weak coverage, but extremely versitle. A plug and play in his disguise schemes. If nothing else, solid depth. Still looking to draft a safety early.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick Scott is defintely a Lou guy. Weak coverage, but extremely versitle. A plug and play in his disguise schemes. If nothing else, solid depth. Still looking to draft a safety early.
Not sure - they apparently really liked the kid they drafted last year, Tycen Anderson...I think he'll be in the mix as well this year. That gives you Hill, Anderson, and Scott...maybe they do take another guy, but my guess is it would be later than sooner.

Needs are going to still be RT, as well as TE, DE, CB, DT, and WR.

With Brown at LT now, Williams is still only here for 1 more year, and Adeniji is also on his last year - and you have no idea of Carman can make the switch to RT....So, it wouldn't hurt to start thinking about the need for a RT here - or they could kick that can down the road 1 more year - but if someone is there, and other guys are not....I wouldn't be made.

I'd also trade Jonah for anything I could get for him. You'd think, despite his poor grading, his experience at LT is a plus. Someone might be willing to part with a 3-5th rounder...and really - I don't even care about the pick. If they knew they could trade him tomorrow for a 7th, and free up 12.6M in cap for this year.....Yes, please, and thank you. Then you could still cut Collins and end up with an additional 18M+ in new cap room. That's a lot of change that could go towards some additional F/A as well as extension for some key guys who will be up next year - and maybe you start to take care of them now...Reader and Wilson come to mind as well as Awuzie.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fry4gmAWIAEbfjA

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Won't matter when your QB can't get the ball there ;)

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For once, the Browns have a great offseason on paper. They address most or all of their needs.
Would like them to add more to the DL, one more IDL and edge rusher.
Would be nice to add Mckinnon. Experience and pass catcher out of the backfield.
3rd safety maybe McLeod.

The Moore trade is way better than any Jeudy trade rumored. Only a total of $3M over the next 2 years. 3rd option. Speed. The Browns needed it

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anytime you can add a 30 year old receiver that can put up 300-400 yards a season, you just have to do it. Should we order the rings?
And I can understand that if it’s a depth move but isn’t he going to be their WR2? If so, that is pretty funny