• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AFCN Hate Guide

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was either Pratt or Bell and the team choosed Pratt. Not a fan, but I get they need the guarenteed money to ink up the core.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was either Pratt or Bell and the team choosed Pratt. Not a fan, but I get they need the guarenteed money to ink up the core.
A highly rated coverage LB > Safety. Finding guys who graded out as well as Pratt did in coverage is really tough in todays' NFL. Considering he's much younger, and was willing to take a team friendly deal to stay...it was a no brainer.

I really like Bell, and he will be missed, but the Bengals are pretty much avoiding long-term deals to guys over 30, and quite frankly it's hard to blame them. Especially at certain positions.

Big thing, for me, though - Lou is still the one running this defense, and considering how many injuries and changes he's been able to work around and find answers, I trust him to continue to get the job done.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A highly rated coverage LB > Safety. Finding guys who graded out as well as Pratt did in coverage is really tough in todays' NFL. Considering he's much younger, and was willing to take a team friendly deal to stay...it was a no brainer.

I really like Bell, and he will be missed, but the Bengals are pretty much avoiding long-term deals to guys over 30, and quite frankly it's hard to blame them. Especially at certain positions.

Big thing, for me, though - Lou is still the one running this defense, and considering how many injuries and changes he's been able to work around and find answers, I trust him to continue to get the job done.
Good points... Also, LB should be higher priority in this division that wants to run the ball. Cleveland, Baltimore & Pittsburgh aren't shy about forcing the ball up the gut.

I sure hope the Steelers prioritize fixing their ILBs this offseason. They've been a mess for 2 years now.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good points... Also, LB should be higher priority in this division that wants to run the ball. Cleveland, Baltimore & Pittsburgh aren't shy about forcing the ball up the gut.

I sure hope the Steelers prioritize fixing their ILBs this offseason. They've been a mess for 2 years now.
Which is exactly why it was a good reason for Cleveland to give 57 million dollars to a defensive tackle that has seen his PFF run grade go down each year of his career.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is exactly why it was a good reason for Cleveland to give 57 million dollars to a defensive tackle that has seen his PFF run grade go down each year of his career.
Tomlinson? Seems like a solid acquisition?

I don't follow the Vikes... No idea how good he really is. Something about a purple jersey is appalling to my eyes.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see the Steelers signed Ogunjobi...almost 30M over 3 years and almost 22M in years 1&2....WHHHHEEEWWWWW.....I like Ogi, but DAMN ...

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perine to Broncos……

Ickey Shuffle

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perine to Broncos……

rampage-rampagejackson.gif

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't know where the whole Perine was so great narrative has come from. From a pure running standpoint, he and Mixon were pretty much the same (4.1 to 3.9). He's older than Mixon, and is going to be 28 going into this year.

Regardless of the feelings of Mixon - Perine was not slated to be the featured back here, and they likely weren't going to pay him similar money to remain as a backup. He also really didn't produce; as he had runs of longer than 11 yards just twice in the all season.

Bottom line - the entire RB room needs a re-fresh and re-signing Mixon wasn't going to be the way to go. They also have 2 younger RB's who I believe they want to get into the mix that work better in the scheme they are using as well as in the passing game. Also, a position of interest for this years' draft.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't know where the whole Perine was so great narrative has come from. From a pure running standpoint, he and Mixon were pretty much the same (4.1 to 3.9). He's older than Mixon, and is going to be 28 going into this year.

Regardless of the feelings of Mixon - Perine was not slated to be the featured back here, and they likely weren't going to pay him similar money to remain as a backup. He also really didn't produce; as he had runs of longer than 11 yards just twice in the all season.

Bottom line - the entire RB room needs a re-fresh and re-signing Mixon wasn't going to be the way to go. They also have 2 younger RB's who I believe they want to get into the mix that work better in the scheme they are using as well as in the passing game. Also, a position of interest for this years' draft.
I would like to see the Bengals draft McBride from UAB or Spears from Tulane. I think they were very productive and can be a hell of an asset in both the running and passing game with Burrow and a better oline. I don't think we would only improve the running game, and probably even improve the passing game as well.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
on the flip side...this one hurts a bit...

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cincy needed this guy.
And what a freaking deal. Only $16 million per year after expected salary for Brown was $22-$24 million per.

I mean hell, KC just signed a natural RT from Jax to play LT for $20 million a year.

What happened with KC not getting this deal of a lifetime with Orlando Brown?

Ickey Shuffle

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this was still the Marvin Lewis Era, no way in blue hell this happens. Ok this is different.

Ickey Shuffle

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Dax Hill good at football? Gonna be thinking about that for months. Because he's in the fire now.