• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AFCN Hate Guide

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If its more Perine than Mixon down the stretch, sure. But that's unlikely. So unlikely.
Mixon struggled early when the line was still a mess, but over his past 4-5+ starts, he's done pretty well in general - though the TB game was rough.

Mixon - 199 Rushes for 787 yards, 4.0 YPC, 6 TD/55 receptions for 400 yards 7.3 YPC, 2 TD

Perine - 89 rushes for 376 yards, 4.2 YPC, 2 TD/37 receptions for 283 yards, 7.3 YPC, 4TD

So, they are really mirror images, and Perine got a boost in covering for Mixon for a few games where the OL was really starting to come together, but regardless...there really isn't much difference between the 2.

As for Mixon's total TD's...he has a career high of 13 last year...his career high before that was 8...So, last year was a massive anomaly, and not the norm. He's not having a "great" year, sure - and I get Perine looks better at times just taking the ball and screaming straight ahead, but when you start to look at the stats both guys are putting up - they are, in the end, very similar.

I think the bigger issue has been the OL not gelling early, and lack of creative run play calling - in fact, since that Panther game, I haven't seen hardly any more OL pulling and moving like that game...which is a shame, because I think this OL has a chance to do that - especially now that Collin's is out.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Ickey Shuffle @CrashDavisSports @Cincyfan78 @cincygrad

Hear about this yet? Keeping his teammates happy is a good thing.

Burrow bought each member of his o-line a spot on a cruise ship and a + one so they can bring their wife/GF.

from bengals wire

Joe Burrow gave his offensive linemen epic Christmas gift this year
Joe is the real deal... I still have a hard time processing that he plays for the Bengals.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HE CERTAINLEY IS THAT

and just might not be on the lower side of the top 5
He doesn't have the same arm, but his pre-snap read, and ability to anticipate defenses reminds me of Manning in many ways.

Not saying he's Manning, or will even have that kind of longevity/career - but his pre-snap reads and his ability to spread the ball around (I mean, he's got 2 white dudes that are not Cooper Cupp, looking like guys who are really pretty good), take what the defense gives him is pretty darn good considering how bad the OL has been, and the lack of any real threat in the running game most weeks....Imagine if they could still upgrade this OL next year in 1 or 2 spots, and get a real running game going....whew....

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't have the same arm, but his pre-snap read, and ability to anticipate defenses reminds me of Manning in many ways.

Not saying he's Manning, or will even have that kind of longevity/career - but his pre-snap reads and his ability to spread the ball around (I mean, he's got 2 white dudes that are not Cooper Cupp, looking like guys who are really pretty good), take what the defense gives him is pretty darn good considering how bad the OL has been, and the lack of any real threat in the running game most weeks....Imagine if they could still upgrade this OL next year in 1 or 2 spots, and get a real running game going....whew....
He's a gamer with talent.

I think he's already pushing to be the second best QB in the league

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a gamer with talent.

I think he's already pushing to be the second best QB in the league
It is certainly weird to have a QB in which you feel like, as long as he's out there - you always have a shot. Bengals haven't had a guy like that since Boomer (though, I could see where some may say Jeff Blake or even Palmer). Dalton was solid, but he was a guy who, often, I felt like in many games they won in spite of his play - rather than because of his play. Especially in national games. He never could raise the bar. Palmer was never the same after his injury here, and having a beef with coaching/owner.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm tired of the QB evaluation game.... A bunch of nerdy guys on twitter discussing someone's arm talent is enough to make me vomit. People talk themselves out of Burrow because he plays differently than other guys. But it's turned into this idea that he is somehow limited physically. That's ridiculous - The guy has plenty of talent. I think the AFC is insane right now with QB talent..... I can imagine 4 different teams right now making a run to the SB.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm tired of the QB evaluation game.... A bunch of nerdy guys on twitter discussing someone's arm talent is enough to make me vomit. People talk themselves out of Burrow because he plays differently than other guys. But it's turned into this idea that he is somehow limited physically. That's ridiculous - The guy has plenty of talent. I think the AFC is insane right now with QB talent..... I can imagine 4 different teams right now making a run to the SB.
I agree, but to the bolded
Parcells talked about anointing someone to soon. Allen and most certainly Herbert have work to do. Stats and wins are great (Tony Romo) but big plays in big game wins, and the decisions made in the moment define greatness to some of us football fans.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but to the bolded
Parcells talked about anointing someone to soon. Allen and most certainly Herbert have work to do. Stats and wins are great (Tony Romo) but big plays in big game wins, and the decisions made in the moment define greatness to some of us football fans.
Agreed. Allen still has to prove he can win a couple big, close games in a row. Herbert has to prove he can win anything..... The Chargers are a weird team. All the talking heads love them and everyone just assumes they should be awesome, but their mostly underwhelming for long stretches of games and the season. I've heard a lot of criticism for the offensive coordinator running an outdated offense as the reasons for some of their pedestrian stats. They seem like the most unpredictable of all teams.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From twitter:

Remember when Steelers fans laughed at Marvin Lewis in Cincinnati? From 2011-2016 he won 58 games. And was 0-5 in the playoffs. Well don’t look now but in the last 6 years Mike Tomlin has won exactly 58 games and is 0-3 in the playoffs. Tomlin has become Marvin Lewis 2.0.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From twitter:

Remember when Steelers fans laughed at Marvin Lewis in Cincinnati? From 2011-2016 he won 58 games. And was 0-5 in the playoffs. Well don’t look now but in the last 6 years Mike Tomlin has won exactly 58 games and is 0-3 in the playoffs. Tomlin has become Marvin Lewis 2.0.

From the complete lack of discipline he has over his players, he's always been a clone IMO. They haven't been good recently so it's died down, but peak Steelers with him under control was prison football. They always got away with it too because of the logo and the prestige from 5 decades ago.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I hate to say it, Big Ben will go down as the most underrated QB of his generation. I honestly think he'll be largely forgot by folks outside of PA, but he was a great QB.... And he made a lot of people look better than they were (including coaches).

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bengals might play the Ravens back to back weeks :behindsofa:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KENNY F*CKING PICKETT

randy marsh GIF by South Park

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From twitter:

Lol we’ve been makin that comparison for a while. Tomlin is most definitely shades of Marvin Lewis & it’s frightening