• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AFCN Hate Guide

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much set in stone the Bengals will play the Ravens back to back weeks. Playing a division rival in the playoffs is hard enough. It's gonna take something from within them to get the victory. Couldn't be me.
Really need to root for a NE win, and then for CIN to win - get that #2 spot, and prevent that.

I hate rooting against Buff with all that's gone on, but I have no interest in wanting to play a division opponent in the playoff in back to back weeks.....

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really need to root for a NE win, and then for CIN to win - get that #2 spot, and prevent that.

I hate rooting against Buff with all that's gone on, but I have no interest in wanting to play a division opponent in the playoff in back to back weeks.....

My confidence level with a NE win is below 25% lol. Really ugly matchup.

From in control to depending on the fucking Raiders and Patriots to right the wrong's. This is life.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and FWIW - he is raising Chris Henry's kid, who is a freaking STUD WR at the H.S. level. So, there is that...but yes, his off field antics are....and have been...unfortunate.
Did not know that. That's good on him. However, given Jones' history, I wouldn't say he's best suited for that role. Hope he did/does right by him though.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My confidence level with a NE win is below 25% lol. Really ugly matchup.

From in control to depending on the fucking Raiders and Patriots to right the wrong's. This is life.
Yep.

We can't catch KC now - a 1/2 game short - so them winning/losing is for Buff, which means they still have some skin in the NE game - rather than packing it in (Not that they would anyway).

Maybe NE catches them still not fully engaged - which is a shitty thing to say - but it's reality. On a normal week, I'd 100% agree with you - but with what went down on MNF - I'm just not sure.....

But, yes....playing Bmore back to back sucks.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

We can't catch KC now - a 1/2 game short - so them winning/losing is for Buff, which means they still have some skin in the NE game - rather than packing it in (Not that they would anyway).

Maybe NE catches them still not fully engaged - which is a shitty thing to say - but it's reality. On a normal week, I'd 100% agree with you - but with what went down on MNF - I'm just not sure.....

But, yes....playing Bmore back to back sucks.
Ideally for us and Baltimore, we both don't wind up in 3 and 6 seeds for an immediate rematch.

Winning and seeing Buffalo lose with the 4 or 5 tie breakers we have to go through benefits the Bengals. So us winning and Baltimore losing throws us into #2 playing New England in Cincinnati, with another playoff game scheduled for home immediately after if we win ideally.

If it is considered no contest and going on win percent, Baltimore is screwed. That would prevent us from dropping down to 5th place potentially possibly playing the Jags/Titans in the first round on the road.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think this weekend's Baltimore/Cincy match is going to look much like a regular season game if the league firmly cancels Cin/Buf..... Neither coach wants to play the same division team twice in the same building. In some ways I can imagine Baltimore resting as many guys as possible - Look at their injury report and think about some of the names on the report. A lot of these guys have been dealing with nagging injuries or recent injuries that could use a week off. They are basically locked into the 6th seed - I can imagine them resting Jackson, Campbell, Peters, Dobbins, and others to get them fresh for the playoff round. A healthier version of this Ravens team will look MUCH different than the version that has been playing the last 6 weeks.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think this weekend's Baltimore/Cincy match is going to look much like a regular season game if the league firmly cancels Cin/Buf..... Neither coach wants to play the same division team twice in the same building. In some ways I can imagine Baltimore resting as many guys as possible - Look at their injury report and think about some of the names on the report. A lot of these guys have been dealing with nagging injuries or recent injuries that could use a week off. They are basically locked into the 6th seed - I can imagine them resting Jackson, Campbell, Peters, Dobbins, and others to get them fresh for the playoff round. A healthier version of this Ravens team will look MUCH different than the version that has been playing the last 6 weeks.

The league absolutely doesn't want to say anything about this being a no contest until they have firmly blackmailed the Bengals and Ravens into playing full strength football game and giving the league a quality game for TV. This decision will not be made until Sunday night about the Bengals and Bills.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only that - CIN still has a shot at the #2 seed...so...you'd like to have that in case KC loses - you host the AFCCG....it would also assure you miss Bmore

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think @cincygrad already said this, but it's gonna be some shotty officiating coming up. Oh joy. I wonder whose gonna be a victim at the end of this script. Surprise me.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only that - CIN still has a shot at the #2 seed...so...you'd like to have that in case KC loses - you host the AFCCG....it would also assure you miss Bmore
If KC losses game 1 on Saturday, Sunday's games and the league decision on Bengals/Bills will be in fucking chaos.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word is that the official ruling will be made today.

I think Cincinnati will be trying harder than Baltimore this weekend. They are less banged up overall and they are not coming off a physical week of football given that they only played 8 minutes the other night. I suspect the Bengals will rest Hubbard and Hendrickson will likely not play with his wrist. Otherwise, I think they'll play with the possibility that Buffalo loses a game that NE absolutely must have to qualify.

I don't see the incentive for Baltimore to play their starters or to showcase their top game-plans..... Unless I am reading this wrong, they are locked into a 6th seed and will travel to either play the Bengals or Bills. They beat us and they had the Bills on the ropes - I'm not sure they see either team as a more favorable playoff match-up..... Their best hope is to be 100% healthy.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bengals and Bills play at the same time. If at halftime the Bills are comfortably ahead or the Bengals are struggling, you could pull Burrow and some other key starters to get ready for next week.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If KC losses game 1 on Saturday, Sunday's games and the league decision on Bengals/Bills will be in fucking chaos.
I agree.....This will cause a bunch of trouble. Mark me down for the Raiders being flagged at least 4 times for pass interference.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not surprising, Goodell is a terrible commissioner.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At first I didn't like the idea of neutral sites for playoff games, but I could get my head around the following:

If the Bengals, Chiefs, and Bills all win this weekend. The Chiefs are 1, Bills 2, Bengals 3.

The Bengals have a gripe about the 2 seed because they didn't get to play the Bills. The Bills have a gripe about the 1 seed because they held it with a win against Cincy.

So.....

- In the event the Bills and Bengals are to meet in the playoffs, the game is played in Detroit. We know Bills fans will travel there and it's an easy trip for Bengals fan base. No weather issues (inside at least), so the game will be entertaining as hell. Burrow vs. Allen.

- In the event of Bills vs. Chiefs.... Game either in Detroit or other indoor facility (Indy or Atlanta?). Mahomes vs. Allen indoor. Also awesome.

- In the event of Bengals vs. Chiefs. Game is in KC, unless KC loses this weekend... In that case, game would be at neutral site.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not surprising, Goodell is a terrible commissioner.
Not resuming the game was the right call - I hate it for a lot of reasons, mainly because it takes away a potential #1 seed for the Bengals - but it is the cleanest way forward, and logistically moving a bunch of games at this point in time likely doesn't work and only serves to punish the Bengals and the Bills even more by offering every other playoff team a bye week while they have to play.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now you have to talk about some really uncomfortable stuff.

What do you do for Vegas and the gamblers?
Do the fans in attendance get their money back?
What do fantasy football leagues do to counteract a game that has stars all over the field?
Does the league compensate the Bengals organization for losing out on ticket sales for one of their 8 home games after playing 9 on the road if they have to refund fans? Part of that money could potentially be ear marked to help retain Higgins/Burrow with signing bonuses.