• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AFCN Hate Guide

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bengals at 40 yet @Cincyfan78 ?
This is around the time of the season the big boys are at the table breaking bread. The Browns have bigger worries. Like a 230M$ QB who is not even better than the backup...

LOL!

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is around the time of the season the big boys are at the table breaking bread. The Browns have bigger worries. Like a 230M$ QB who is not even better than the backup...

LOL!

Yes...the big boys. You all of one season plus of winning football.

Ickey Shuffle

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's simply not true. But I can't expect a Brownie to know a thing about winning seasons. Weren't you guys super bowl favorites a few years ago or some shit? What happened to that realization?

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bengals at 40 yet @Cincyfan78 ?
LOL - Well, TB is better than Cleveland, and I didn't think the defense would hold Brady to 10ish points like I figured they would against Watson.

They did what they needed to do - go on the road, against an all-time Great QB - and while they dug themselves a hole (Missing both starting DE's and now 3 starting CB's) - still came out in the 2nd half and whooped some ass, and won that game going away. Late score made it an 11pt game, which it wasn't that close if you saw the 2nd half run. Not a single play was run in Cincinnati's territory in the 3rd quarter...LOL

I don't know what will happen - I have no idea if this insane run will continue - but between the offense being able to put up points on any given night, and a defense that doesn't give up much of anything (especially in the 2nd half of games) - This team has a legit shot at another Super Bowl run. They are showing they can beat teams, good teams, in a variety of ways. Will it happen? No clue - but man, they are scary good since that 0-2 slow start where Joe was coming back from surgery and the OL hadn't yet gelled, and 3 of the 4 losses are by a FG, IIRC.....

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The end of that Pats/Raiders game. Holy shit never seen an ending to a game like that.

Thanks goodness the Browns have never lost a game like that.

And that play yesterday ranks right up there with the butt fumble.

An instant all time classic blooper.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking back at the last 20 years:

Since 2003 the Bengals have 12 non-losing seasons (9 winning seasons and 3 .500 seasons).

Bengals have won 5 AFCN titles (this year incomplete) and won 3 playoff games, and made a Super Bowl.

I get the retort to take a shot at the Bengals, and many are deserved, but the Bengals have won some games since the AFCN was created in 2002. Are they KC, NE (with Brady), Pitt since the early 90's, or whoever else? No - but they are not the Bengals of the 90's, either.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL - Well, TB is better than Cleveland, and I didn't think the defense would hold Brady to 10ish points like I figured they would against Watson.

They did what they needed to do - go on the road, against an all-time Great QB - and while they dug themselves a hole (Missing both starting DE's and now 3 starting CB's) - still came out in the 2nd half and whooped some ass, and won that game going away. Late score made it an 11pt game, which it wasn't that close if you saw the 2nd half run. Not a single play was run in Cincinnati's territory in the 3rd quarter...LOL

I don't know what will happen - I have no idea if this insane run will continue - but between the offense being able to put up points on any given night, and a defense that doesn't give up much of anything (especially in the 2nd half of games) - This team has a legit shot at another Super Bowl run. They are showing they can beat teams, good teams, in a variety of ways. Will it happen? No clue - but man, they are scary good since that 0-2 slow start where Joe was coming back from surgery and the OL hadn't yet gelled, and 3 of the 4 losses are by a FG, IIRC.....
Clark Harris getting hurt in game 1 against Pitt in game 1 of the season, and us missing the extra point with our TE long snapping the ball, may have cost us the #1 seed in the playoffs. Unbelievable that Clark Harris is the reason for us not getting the #1 seed. KC will win out, and even if we win out, KC will hold t he one game advantage. Unreal. Way to play spolier in week 1 Pittsburgh. LOL

Ickey Shuffle

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injuries to the key players up the ass, but just survive and advance. Bengals' teams of the past would've been phoned it in. I just love the togetherness.

Still really unhappy with the running game and special teams has gone down the tubes. But those are discussions that can be saved for later. Defense, defense, defense... As long as they continue to play it and believe in it, its always a chance. Appreciative for this division.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Ickey Shuffle @CrashDavisSports @Cincyfan78 @cincygrad

Hear about this yet? Keeping his teammates happy is a good thing.

Burrow bought each member of his o-line a spot on a cruise ship and a + one so they can bring their wife/GF.

from bengals wire

Joe Burrow gave his offensive linemen epic Christmas gift this year

Ickey Shuffle

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Burrow bought each member of his o-line a spot on a cruise ship and a + one so they can bring their wife/GF.

from bengals wire

That's pretty cool. Pass protection has been good for a couple months. The run game is still making my stomach turn.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

from bengals wire

And the following week he cancels the cruise after he tears an ACL on a sack

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's pretty cool. Pass protection has been good for a couple months. The run game is still making my stomach turn.

Didn't realize the running game isn't clicking. Think they can fix t before playoff time?

Ickey Shuffle

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't realize the running game isn't clicking. Think they can fix t before playoff time?

If its more Perine than Mixon down the stretch, sure. But that's unlikely. So unlikely.