• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Adam Schefter Explains How the Bears Masterfully Played the Trub Trade

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, you're the only one making a point about who is bringing up what. lol. No one wants to stop you from responding to anybody, or bringing up any player. Do what you do...
You said i posted something irrelevant, when all i did was reply to that irrelevant subject.
How's this for relevant. I'm firmly set in my Bears DID NOT need to trade up for THAT QB belief.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm firmly set in my Bears DID NOT need to trade up for THAT QB belief.

Yes, like a young earth creationist or religious fundamentalist, staring into the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary. I can see you're set in your faith based ways. Maybe if you keep saying it, it will be true. Maybe, while you're at it, you can convince yourself that the sky isn't blue?

By using such a deceptive tactic, the Bears were able to keep the Browns away from the 49ers pick and insured they’d get their guy.

Schefter confirmed that multiple teams were interested in moving up for the No. 2 pick, too. The narrative that Pace was bidding against himself to move up is simply false, as is the suggestion that coach John Fox wasn’t involved in the evaluation of Trubisky

NFL Rumors: Chiefs, Browns Were Threats To Trade Up For Mitchell Trubisky

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, like a young earth creationist or religious fundamentalist, staring into the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary. I can see you're set in your faith based ways. Maybe if you keep saying it, it will be true. Maybe, while you're at it, you can convince yourself that the sky isn't blue?

By using such a deceptive tactic, the Bears were able to keep the Browns away from the 49ers pick and insured they’d get their guy.

Schefter confirmed that multiple teams were interested in moving up for the No. 2 pick, too. The narrative that Pace was bidding against himself to move up is simply false, as is the suggestion that coach John Fox wasn’t involved in the evaluation of Trubisky

NFL Rumors: Chiefs, Browns Were Threats To Trade Up For Mitchell Trubisky
Almost every pick has teams calling for possible trades, most of those talks amount to nothing.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He trashed the hell out of the Chiefs backups- I know that much. He looks the part.

I figured. I think he's going to be a stud. Hopefully Trubisky is good enough to make me not kick myself 10 years from now.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost every pick has teams calling for possible trades, most of those talks amount to nothing.

LMAO :pound:

Yes, and in this case it did. Multiple teams were aggressively negotiating to move up and take Trubisky. SF's pick was on the block. The Bears got it done.

Good morning, good afternoon and goodnight.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one in the NFL world saw Trubuski going that high, but since Bears fans now insist it was 100% going to happen they're right and the other 90% are wrong.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God people are fucking stupid. How absurd of me to suggest that Howard is on the same level as the golden boy that is Zeke. Definitely worthy of some LOLs

Let's see...70 more carries for Zeke. 318 more yards.

I'm no math wizard by any means, but at 5.2 yards per attempt for Howard (better than Zeke fwiw)...multiplied by 70 equals what @DJ? Can you crunch that for me?

I mean 70 more carries!? How many games you think that works out to be about DJ? Again, I'm bad at math.

But by all means, let's keep lauding the wife beater POS.

I wonder how many yards Zeke will have over the first half of the season this year?

Oh that's right, he's a complete fucking retard.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one in the NFL world saw Trubuski going that high, but since Bears fans now insist it was 100% going to happen they're right and the other 90% are wrong.

So Bears fans are wrong, because you say so, and Trubisky would have been there at 3, also because you say so.

Cool story.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if no one is the right phrase, most NFL people thought he was either QB1 or would be the first QB taken. Yeah, there were a lot of people getting into pissing matches about if Mahomes, Watson, or Kizer were better, but I think most knew it was a possibility be it the 49ers or some other QB needy team was going to pick Trubisky very high.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if no one is the right phrase, most NFL people thought he was either QB1 or would be the first QB taken. Yeah, there were a lot of people getting into pissing matches about if Mahomes, Watson, or Kizer were better, but I think most knew it was a possibility be it the 49ers or some other QB needy team was going to pick Trubisky very high.

No no... @Manster7588 >>>>Adam Schefter

Manster has the inside slant. Schefty is a hack.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No no... @Manster7588 >>>>Adam Schefter

Manster has the inside slant. Schefty is a hack.
Always possible Schefter got fed CYA bullshit, but that's also Schefter's job to see through and he's been pretty accurate mostly through the years. I tend to believe it if Schefter says so, though.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always possible Schefter got fed CYA bullshit, but that's also Schefter's job to see through and he's been pretty accurate mostly through the years. I tend to believe it if Schefter says so, though.

I completely realize he's as full of it as the next guy, I just think it's funny that some armchair internet hero definitively knows, while Schefter is just full of it.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears and their fans have taken a heap of shit over this, and it really doesn't make a lot of sense. Pretty much every trade chart in existence states they came out ahead. Obviously it will all come down to how he plays, but I like what I see so far, and I am excited that the Bears had the balls to pull the trigger and go and get the guy they coveted.

I watched them wait it out in '14, only to see Aaron Donald go to the Rams, one spot ahead of us. He was who we wanted, and we sat on our hands in hopes that he would be there, and Donald is a kick yourself in the ass for missing him kind of player.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Got that, but most didn't see any QB going that high.

I'm not bashing them over the player they picked, I'm bashing them over the trade.