• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Adam Schefter Explains How the Bears Masterfully Played the Trub Trade

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got that, but most didn't see any QB going that high.

I'm not bashing them over the player they picked, I'm bashing them over the trade.
I must be in that minority. But yeah, the information about the trade being shady was great ammo for yinzers. I know I criticized the hell out of it from multiple angles and won't take them back unless given more information, which this link is a step towards.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool Story? Tell that to the guy hoping a story will justify that trade.

oh noes...two 3rds and a 4th for a potential franchise QB.

No one. Not you. Not me. Not Ryan Pace or John Lynch could possibly know, without a shadow of a doubt, that Trubs would've been there at 3. Acting like you know with certainty just makes you look like an obnoxious, obstinate ass.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If only the Bears could play D as well as their fans on the hoop...

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh noes...two 3rds and a 4th for a potential franchise QB.

No one. Not you. Not me. Not Ryan Pace or John Lynch could possibly know, without a shadow of a doubt, that Trubs would've been there at 3. Acting like you know with certainty just makes you look like an obnoxious, obstinate ass.
Fair enough, but same goes you don't know if he wouldn't

Again it's my opinion, am I allowed to have one on this issue, or are only pro Bear thoughts allowed?

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough, but same goes you don't know if he wouldn't

Again it's my opinion, am I allowed to have one on this issue, or are only pro Bear thoughts allowed?
That's fine, it's just you haven't really expressed it as an opinion so much as you have a fact.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And just because I don't know if he would or would not have been there at three, doesn't mean it was bad trade. Again, by all charts available, it was a fair trade, even leaning in the Bears favor per available charts.

Only his performance/career will dictate the truth of the matter. If you think he sucks?...Cool. I think he'll be good. Neither opinion means jack shit. And certainly neither are facts.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neat stats...Chicago must've won the division with those...or at least made the playoffs???

movinggoalpost.gif

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
He kind of did without running behind them. More yards per start, more yards per carry.... etc...

However, it would be dishonest of me not to mention that the Bears do have a good line, which nobody recognizes due to how bad they were last season.

Ranking all 32 offensive line units heading into the 2017 season | NFL Analysis | Pro Football Focus

5. CHICAGO BEARS

Fifth might seem steep for Chicago, but at the moment there isn’t a better interior offensive line in the NFL. Left guard Josh Sitton, center Cody Whitehair, and right guard Kyle Long are all Pro Bowl-caliber players. The issues arise at tackle where Charles Leno and Bobby Massie have never proven themselves more than below average starters.

That is a top notch interior.

They should trade for a LT. A few teams would probably be willing to deal.

The Bears are smarter than the 49ers. The sports media talked about how the 49ers worked the draft, but this will go down as one of the all-time f**k-ups by the Niners. :(

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How's Thomas look? Honestly, that's who I thought we were taking. I'll always kind of have a vested interest in how he turns out.

He was arguably SF's best player against the Chiefs - a really strong outing. He only played about 5 or 6 snaps against Denver, so....

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one in the NFL world saw Trubuski going that high, but since Bears fans now insist it was 100% going to happen they're right and the other 90% are wrong.

:pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:

Wow, you're really melting down. This is hilarious.

No, not because Bears fans insist. Because OTHER teams did.

No one in the NFL world saw Trubuski going that high

LMAO... Which is why multiple teams were negotiating to trade up and get him.

the other 90% are wrong.

There is no 90%... you're the only one.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got that, but most didn't see any QB going that high.

Yeah... only the other teams fighting to move up did.

But since you didn't in your little mock draft, that's clearly what matters! :pound:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always possible Schefter got fed CYA bullshit, but that's also Schefter's job to see through and he's been pretty accurate mostly through the years. I tend to believe it if Schefter says so, though.

I would also add on, that what Schefter is reporting makes 10x more sense than an NFL GM simply making a trade for no reason... lol. Even at the time, I couldn't believe people really were coming to that conclusion. As if these guys operate without purpose.