• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Adam Schefter Explains How the Bears Masterfully Played the Trub Trade

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like OP wouldnt even need to do this thread if the Chicago Bears fans themselves didnt think this was the worst thing ever when it happened
This does feel super defensive as someone who just doesn't care that much anymore about the trade-up.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This does feel super defensive as someone who just doesn't care that much anymore about the trade-up.
Sure. I was actually upset when the trade happened. I wanted the QBs to fall a bit but every Chiefs fan knew we were trading up for a QB. Nobody was shocked.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure. I was actually upset when the trade happened. I wanted the QBs to fall a bit but every Chiefs fan knew we were trading up for a QB. Nobody was shocked.
Yeah, I had pretty much made my peace the Chiefs were going to move a ton of assets for almost assuredly Mahomes regardless of my near allergic reaction to big tradeups in the 1st.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did HE specifically tell you that? No... than why is he accountable for other people's opinions?

Also, most I've seen don't think it's that big of a blow to them. Myself included.

Not to mention, this is all kind of irrelevant. Howard is clearly in better form than any of Dallas's 2nd options.
I never said he did, I'm simply pointing out that many stated Dallas without Zeke is screwed.

As for irrelevant, I'm not the one who brought Dallas into this conversation.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If they put any more lipstick on this pig they're going to try to fuck it....just saying

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like you're saying... "The Niners scouting didn't like Trubisky... Therefore, Trubisky might suck".... Huh?

Is their front office suddenly the arbiter on good QB's? lol... Because last time I checked, it's a new regime and they have yet to select one.

How do you know that? I think when it comes to QB's and offense, Shanahan has a pretty good track record. The guy he wanted was CJ Beathard, whom they moved up and selected, and he's probably looked every bit as good as Trubisky without the hype.

It's far, far more than just 'too early' to even begin gauging these guys IMO.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like OP wouldnt even need to do this thread if the Chicago Bears fans themselves didnt think this was the worst thing ever when it happened

And now you're down to psycho-babble... because you're out of ways to rationalize your original thoughts on the trade.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said he did, I'm simply pointing out that many stated Dallas without Zeke is screwed.

Everyone mentions Dallas. After all they are America's team.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, but you sure responded to the person who did in a hurry...

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you know that? I think when it comes to QB's and offense, Shanahan has a pretty good track record. The guy he wanted was CJ Beathard, whom they moved up and selected, and he's probably looked every bit as good as Trubisky without the hype.

No shit. Which is why we're only judging the trade... I've said many times that I'm not sold on Trubisky.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

CJ? how is that going.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, no shit. Fuckin a right I still care.

The Bears and Bears fans have been berated non-stop about that trade for months. KC got no heat over their deal, despite giving an additional first rounder. It's a far different story. People called the Bears a laughing stock over their deal.

Now that evidence comes out, supporting what the team did and vindicates the fan base who tried to point out the facts before. You're all going to really take the angle of "Jeez dude... relax! Clearly you're all wound up!"

Give me a break. This board isn't getting off that easy. lol

I like Mitch, I'm not completely sold on him, but I'm not just going to sit on this info, when I've been taking it since April over what went down.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, no shit. Fuckin a right I still care.

The Bears and Bears fans have been berated non-stop about that trade for months. KC got no heat over their deal, despite giving an additional first rounder. It's a far different story. People called the Bears a laughing stock over their deal.

Now that evidence comes out, supporting what the team did and vindicates the fan base who tried to point out the facts before. You're all going to really take the angle of "Jeez dude... relax! Clearly you're all wound up!"

Give me a break. This board isn't getting off that easy. lol

I like Mitch, I'm not completely sold on him, but I'm not just going to sit on this info, when I've been taking it since April over what went down.
Getting into a hot take war will end badly for everyone. But this link is at least evidence that some kind of rational thought was going on inside the Bears FO, which wasn't totally obvious at the time. Hence criticism.

But yeah, there are a lot more fans on here who don't like the Bears than those who don't like the Chiefs. We're like little angels ya see- immune to criticism. :) But I hear what you're saying. Maybe a couple years ago, I would make a big stink about it- not now though. The closest I come is gifbombing with Tyreek Hill when someone says he's a gadget player.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CJ Beathard- another infinitely criticized pick including yours truly- certainly has not flunked. Rookie class looks much better than advertised thus far in preseason.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guilty, but I didn't know you passed a time limit law on the hoop.

Dude, you're the only one making a point about who is bringing up what. lol. No one wants to stop you from responding to anybody, or bringing up any player. Do what you do...

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has looked good...like I said...he's done about as much as Trubisky without the media on him.

How's Thomas look? Honestly, that's who I thought we were taking. I'll always kind of have a vested interest in how he turns out.