• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Adam Schefter Explains How the Bears Masterfully Played the Trub Trade

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been very clear about not being sold on Mitch. However, this board does have an ass backwards understanding of that draft.

To be fair ( for the board) I actually went back and looked at what they gave up,

Three picks in this years draft, and only a 3rd rounder next year, minus the potential in those three picks this year, it wasn't that so called "highway robbery" as everyone really thinks...

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mitchell "johnny unitas" Trubisky

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair ( for the board) I actually went back and looked at what they gave up,

Three picks in this years draft, and only a 3rd rounder next year, minus the potential in those three picks this year, it wasn't that so called "highway robbery" as everyone really thinks...

Yeah... and I mean, I think one of those picks you're referring to was also the original #3 overall. Which they improved upon.

Thanks for being honest about it.

The Bears entire scouting department had him as the unanimous #1 guy on their board. That's pretty rare. They went and got their guy for a couple of 3rd's and a 4th. I'm not sure how you can blame them for that. It's one thing to dislike Trubs, but for people to act like they can't even understand it. That's disingenous.

Also, if you're going by the mathematical value of each pick. The Bears did just fine.

By the numbers, Bears 'won' the Mitch Trubisky trade

As I said, I'm not sold on Mitch. However, just pertaining to what went down that night... there's an epidemic of failure to understand what happened and why.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are trying way to hard to talk others into this being a good deal.

I'll say it again, they paid what they paid and I think it's too much. If Trubisky works out, it's a steal for the Bears, if not they're morons.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears targeted a QB and then made it happen. Feels good to be aggressive for a change. Also put me in the very very sold corner on Trubs.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Browns target a QB and your first reaction is 'oh, the Browns are on to something' then you've already failed.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL...you spelled Manziel wrong

Good call on the "he would have been there" and the "Bears got played" stuff. Not to mention, dismissing credible news outlets as "Pace's mouthpiece".

:clap: :pound:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howard running behind the Cowboy's O-Line would have put up better numbers than Zeke IMO

He kind of did without running behind them. More yards per start, more yards per carry.... etc...

However, it would be dishonest of me not to mention that the Bears do have a good line, which nobody recognizes due to how bad they were last season.

Ranking all 32 offensive line units heading into the 2017 season | NFL Analysis | Pro Football Focus

5. CHICAGO BEARS

Fifth might seem steep for Chicago, but at the moment there isn’t a better interior offensive line in the NFL. Left guard Josh Sitton, center Cody Whitehair, and right guard Kyle Long are all Pro Bowl-caliber players. The issues arise at tackle where Charles Leno and Bobby Massie have never proven themselves more than below average starters.

That is a top notch interior.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks. I want you to hate it. I really want Moab too also. But thanks for the honesty.
The Bears will improve quickly imo.

Good chance he's the best QB Chicago has had in my lifetime. So long as he can play in the cold.

I can't even put into words how much I hate it.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I assume that it is right. The Chiefs telegraphed their big board pretty early. If I was to guess their big board was always: 1. Trubisky 2. Mahomes 3. Watson but they were really into Mahomes so I'm guessing the gap was bigger between 2 and 3 than 1 and 2.

I just dont think Trubisky was ever realistic because most had him pegged as the first QB off the board and the Chiefs had to give up an arm and a leg just to get Mahomes.

All of this is relative, though. Some might assume that if Bears weren't interested then maybe Trubisky drops closer to the Browns 2nd pick and then that where the action would've happened.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who said that? I literally don't think one person said that. lol. The Bears have been very clear he isn't, and he's gotten run with the 3's in pre-season.

well trading up like the did for him and during the draft they were saying things like that

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I assume that it is right. The Chiefs telegraphed their big board pretty early. If I was to guess their big board was always: 1. Trubisky 2. Mahomes 3. Watson but they were really into Mahomes so I'm guessing the gap was bigger between 2 and 3 than 1 and 2.

I just dont think Trubisky was ever realistic because most had him pegged as the first QB off the board and the Chiefs had to give up an arm and a leg just to get Mahomes.

All of this is relative, though. Some might assume that if Bears weren't interested then maybe Trubisky drops closer to the Browns 2nd pick and then that where the action would've happened.

No, if the Bears did not trade up to SF's spot... somebody else would have. This has been established. I mean, if they outright had ZERO interest. Yeah, teams wouldn't have needed to move in front of the Bears.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well trading up like the did for him and during the draft they were saying things like that

The first thing the Bears GM did was come out and say Glennon was the starter, and they were going to develop Trubisky.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, the Bears didn't school anyone in that deal. That said if Trubisky solves their QB issues then the trade could somehow be worth it in the end.