• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Adam Schefter Explains How the Bears Masterfully Played the Trub Trade

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first thing the Bears GM did was come out and say Glennon was the starter, and they were going to totally blindside him by not giving him a long term chance.
This is kind of how most people see it.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears will improve quickly imo.

Good chance he's the best QB Chicago has had in my lifetime. So long as he can play in the cold.

I can't even put into words how much I hate it.

He's got a little bit to go, but it's hard not to fall in love with the tools he's flashing. There's a little bit of a base put together around him with some solid defensive pieces, a good line and a good run game. If he can come onto the scene quickly, they could take off quicker than expected. He just has to really master the offense, which could take a little.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first thing the Bears GM did was come out and say Glennon was the starter, and they were going to develop Trubisky.

you know better than I so I will take your word for it

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is kind of how most people see it.

I don't think anyone sees it any other way.

However, his deal is only for one year... So, he was never promised anything more.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howard running behind the Cowboy's O-Line would have put up better numbers than Zeke IMO
Wait a minute. I've geen told Dallas will struggle without Zeke. Damn, these multiple opinions are hard to keep up with.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, the Bears didn't school anyone in that deal.

Every indicator says you're wrong. Time to let go of the misguided, knee-jerk ESPN reaction to it.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's got a little bit to go, but it's hard not to fall in love with the tools he's flashing. There's a little bit of a base put together around him with some solid defensive pieces, a good line and a good run game. If he can come onto the scene quickly, they could take off quicker than expected. He just has to really master the offense, which could take a little.
He does have the luxury of very little pressure. Atleast he should.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone sees it any other way.

However, his deal is only for one year... So, he was never promised anything more.
The other part of the equation is that people generally saw the Niners as needing a QB just as badly as the Bears. If the Niners were to pass him up then its signalling that either the Niners are idiots (not the route people went) or that the Bears got fleeced.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait a minute. I've geen told Dallas will struggle without Zeke. Damn, these multiple opinions are hard to keep up with.

Did HE specifically tell you that? No... than why is he accountable for other people's opinions?

Also, most I've seen don't think it's that big of a blow to them. Myself included.

Not to mention, this is all kind of irrelevant. Howard is clearly in better form than any of Dallas's 2nd options.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other part of the equation is that people generally saw the Niners as needing a QB just as badly as the Bears. If the Niners were to pass him up then its signalling that either the Niners are idiots (not the route people went) or that the Bears got fleeced.

How so?

That's a very black and white way of looking at things.

The Niners didn't want Trubisky at #2... Bears did. They both got what they wanted out of it, and the Bears won the trade from a pure value standpoint in the exchange.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that on ESPN last night. lol. Ridiculous.
They were trying to have a serious discussion about it too.

I also learned ESPN Africa is a thing. Wtf!?!

Their death throws are entertaining.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How so?

That's a very black and white way of looking at things.

The Niners didn't want Trubisky at #2... Bears did. They both got what they wanted out of it, and the Bears won the trade from a pure value standpoint in the exchange.
If you don't have a QB and you pass on the top QB out of the draft when you're picking top 3 then you're sending out a major, major signal.

The Browns...its fairly understandable because Myles Garrett was hitting freakish levels on most teams draft boards as a guy on a tier by himself in terms of value. The Niners are basically saying that they think Solomon Thomas is on that level and that wasnt something shared by most draft scouts as far as I could tell. Its possible they think that but passing on Trubisky when your QB situation is a laughing stock is certainly the most interesting thing from all of last year's draft.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He does have the luxury of very little pressure. Atleast he should.
Yes, Bear's fans and Chicago sports media have been extremely patient and forgiving of Bear's QBs since I was a kid. (hold on a minute, I need to pass something to Bell)

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don't have a QB and you pass on the top QB out of the draft when you're picking top 3 then you're sending out a major, major signal.

The Browns...its fairly understandable because Myles Garrett was hitting freakish levels on most teams draft boards as a guy on a tier by himself in terms of value. The Niners are basically saying that they think Solomon Thomas is on that level and that wasnt something shared by most draft scouts as far as I could tell. Its possible they think that but passing on Trubisky when your QB situation is a laughing stock is certainly the most interesting thing from all of last year's draft.

This is an absurd way of looking at things...

It seems like you're saying... "The Niners scouting didn't like Trubisky... Therefore, Trubisky might suck".... Huh?

Is their front office suddenly the arbiter on good QB's? lol... Because last time I checked, it's a new regime and they have yet to select one.

Bears wanted Trub, along with Reid and other coaches/GM's.... Niners didn't. Teams have passed on QB's and been right. They've also done so, and been wrong. Why you're trying to draw a conclusion based off of it, before the kid has played a down... it beats the hell out of

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, Bear's fans and Chicago sports media have been extremely patient and forgiving of Bear's QBs since I was a kid. (hold on a minute, I need to pass something to Bell)

Oh yeah... Now that you say it, we should have been kissing Jonathan Quinn, Henry Burris, Kordell Stewart and Rex Grossman's ass.... lol

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is an absurd way of looking at things...

It seems like you're saying... "The Niners scouting didn't like Trubisky... Therefore, Trubisky might suck".... Huh?

Is their front office suddenly the arbiter on good QB's? lol... Because last time I checked, it's a new regime and they have yet to select one.

Bears wanted Trub, along with Reid and other coaches/GM's.... Niners didn't. Teams have passed on QB's and been right. They've also done so, and been wrong. Why you're trying to draw a conclusion based off of it, before the kid has played a down... it beats the hell out of
New regimes usually pick QBs. Thats generally the cliche that Walterfootball always throws around.

You bring up the Chiefs but how realistic were the Chiefs in this? They flat out didnt have a good bargaining position at all. If they were calling it might have been a serious, serious low ball.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah... Now that you say it, we should have been kissing Jonathan Quinn, Henry Burris, Kordell Stewart and Rex Grossman's ass.... lol
This post proves the Bears will always be know for defense...

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like OP wouldnt even need to do this thread if the Chicago Bears fans themselves didnt think this was the worst thing ever when it happened