• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Adam Schefter Explains How the Bears Masterfully Played the Trub Trade

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notice Bears fans keep posting about "Mitchy" just to keep them selves hyped about this trade and draft?

It's almost like the cool aid has worn off and now there scared shitless about the outcome!
I'm ecstatic with the draft and am looking forward to the day Trubisky starts.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don't have a QB and you pass on the top QB out of the draft when you're picking top 3 then you're sending out a major, major signal.

The Browns...its fairly understandable because Myles Garrett was hitting freakish levels on most teams draft boards as a guy on a tier by himself in terms of value. The Niners are basically saying that they think Solomon Thomas is on that level and that wasnt something shared by most draft scouts as far as I could tell. Its possible they think that but passing on Trubisky when your QB situation is a laughing stock is certainly the most interesting thing from all of last year's draft.
Kirk Cousins ongoing situation is another factor to consider here. Many people believe him in SF is already a done deal.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God people are fucking stupid. How absurd of me to suggest that Howard is on the same level as the golden boy that is Zeke. Definitely worthy of some LOLs

Let's see...70 more carries for Zeke. 318 more yards.

I'm no math wizard by any means, but at 5.2 yards per attempt for Howard (better than Zeke fwiw)...multiplied by 70 equals what @DJ? Can you crunch that for me?

I mean 70 more carries!? How many games you think that works out to be about DJ? Again, I'm bad at math.

But by all means, let's keep lauding the wife beater POS.

I wonder how many yards Zeke will have over the first half of the season this year?

Oh that's right, he's a complete fucking retard.
I try not to talk up players after 1 year of success. The sophomore wall is a thing and a lot of players, running backs included, aren't able to get over it. Howard may be for real, but if him or zeke were to regress, I'd bet my money on Howard. I hope he keeps it up, but I wouldn't be surprised if he tailed off.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at justifying trading all those picks to move up 1 spot. And to top it off Mitch doesn't appear to be the starter game 1, wow.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I try not to talk up players after 1 year of success. The sophomore wall is a thing and a lot of players, running backs included, aren't able to get over it. Howard may be for real, but if him or zeke were to regress, I'd bet my money on Howard. I hope he keeps it up, but I wouldn't be surprised if he tailed off.

I'll tell you what. Let's wager who has a better sophomore season. :evil:

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at justifying trading all those picks to move up 1 spot. And to top it off Mitch doesn't appear to be the starter game 1, wow.

You know what's really LOL, funny? Your stupid fucking screen name.

What kind of fruit basket chooses a gay, cheating, bicycle rider as their online persona? :laugh:

WayfaringStranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't read through the entire 7 pages but I'm pretty sure my sentiment has been expressed several times:

If Mitch works out, no one will care about the picks that were traded.

If he doesn't work out, then it's a bad trade but hardly insurmountable.

3rd and 4th round picks aren't always sure things and more often than not (without looking it up) they typically do not have longevity in the NFL.

While I am a firm believer that the most successful teams often have a significant 3rd, 4th and 5th round picks as contributors on their rosters, most GMs struggle to find such talent in the mid rounds.

WayfaringStranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's very rare for a rookie, 23 year old, QB to succeed from day 1 in the NFL.

We've learned this and have seen it many, many, many times.

The Bears aren't competing for the playoffs this year, so why risk getting this kid destroyed (physically or mentally)? Let him sit and learn, then maybe towards the end of the season you get him in there for some starts. Then build upon that in a full offseason, training camp and preseason where he's the starter.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's very rare for a rookie, 23 year old, QB to succeed from day 1 in the NFL.

We've learned this and have seen it many, many, many times.

The Bears aren't competing for the playoffs this year, so why risk getting this kid destroyed (physically or mentally)? Let him sit and learn, then maybe towards the end of the season you get him in there for some starts. Then build upon that in a full offseason, training camp and preseason where he's the starter.

It is amazing when you read some of the posts how some people are already know that Trubisky or any other QB taken in this draft is a pro bowler or bust after two preseason games.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wait...... I thought everyone were saying he was the starter from the get.. what gives?
Not only is he riding the bench he is the #3 QB. He has been playing against practice squad guys and others that wont even make a team.

I think we all need to calm down on the Trubisky hype.

rjshull

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The charts are all wrong on this trade. Trubs was not the guy that the 9ers wanted, if he was then they would have never agreed to the trade. The 9ers moved down, got their #2 pick value at a cheaper price, they used the 4th to move up and grab Foster, and they flipped the 3rd this year for a 2 next year. You guys will not know the full cost of the trade until next years draft.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The charts are all wrong on this trade. Trubs was not the guy that the 9ers wanted, if he was then they would have never agreed to the trade. The 9ers moved down, got their #2 pick value at a cheaper price, they used the 4th to move up and grab Foster, and they flipped the 3rd this year for a 2 next year. You guys will not know the full cost of the trade until next years draft.

Some seem to think the Bears knew others wanted Trubisky so they had to move up, then say the 9ers wanted him, traded out and lost.
I question how the Bears could be so informed while the 9ers were clueless.

If I had to guess the 9ers learned the Bears wanted Trubisky and led the Bears to believe others were talking about jumping over them.

rjshull

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some seem to think the Bears knew others wanted Trubisky so they had to move up, then say the 9ers wanted him, traded out and lost.
I question how the Bears could be so informed while the 9ers were clueless.

If I had to guess the 9ers learned the Bears wanted Trubisky and led the Bears to believe others were talking about jumping over them.

I agree. The 9ers as a whole are a dumpster fire and they need to build the entire team. There is no reason for them to take a QB even if he is a franchise QB as it could pull them out of contention for the best picks. Their plan the entire time was to get Solomon which is why they chose to make a small trade down instead of with the Chiefs or Browns. But by playing the Browns and Chiefs the Bears where scared they would lose out on Trubs and made a horrible trade for them.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. The 9ers as a whole are a dumpster fire and they need to build the entire team. There is no reason for them to take a QB even if he is a franchise QB as it could pull them out of contention for the best picks. Their plan the entire time was to get Solomon which is why they chose to make a small trade down instead of with the Chiefs or Browns. But by playing the Browns and Chiefs the Bears where scared they would lose out on Trubs and made a horrible trade for them.
Agree, I honestly think SF played the Bears like a drum.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A. I didn't know he had that many yards last year
B. and the fact he was out four games last year,

Does raise the question....

Who missed 4 games last year?