• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

According to David Griffin Kyrie had a commitment from Hayword and Ariza

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gilbert just spent the most in the history of the league over a 4 year period--in fact- WAAAY more than anyone else in the history of the league has EVER spent in a 4 year period and ran deficits every year because the NBA is his hobby.

Good luck with the Cavs future endeavors....

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gilbert just spent the most in the history of the league over a 4 year period--in fact- WAAAY more than anyone else in the history of the league has EVER spent in a 4 year period and ran deficits every year because the NBA is his hobby.

He spent the most money given the salary cap increases over this time frame. Doesn't factor in what Golden State is about to pay either over the next couple of years either.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He spent the most money given the salary cap increases over this time frame. Doesn't factor in what Golden State is about to pay either over the next couple of years either.
you are correct- when i said "in the history of the league"- i did not include- the future of the league. lol.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes he did. And he hated every second of it.

Because LeBron held his feet to the fire with the threat of leaving. That is why he kept reupping 1 year at a time. To force Gilbert to spend.

As soon as LBJ was on the books for multiple years, bye bye Griffin, bye bye Kyrie and the rest is history.

And if you truly believe Gilbert wanted to spend that much, I have some ocean front property in Ohio that might interest you.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol Wiggy likes to pretend that Gilbert spending the most in NBA history actually means something.

As @tlance has pointed out, with what has been happening with the salary cap, pretty much any team that has the highest payroll any year will be paying the most in NBA history.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you are correct- when i said "in the history of the league"- i did not include- the future of the league. lol.

My premise was that it was more timing if anything. Lebron forced his hand which at the time, the NBA salary cap starting taking spikes which increases the payout along with luxury payments. Regardless, GS is about to trump those numbers.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol Wiggy likes to pretend that Gilbert spending the most in NBA history actually means something.

As @tlance has pointed out, with what has been happening with the salary cap, pretty much any team that has the highest payroll any year will be paying the most in NBA history.
not even close to true. wrong again.

Who has the highest payroll ever for 1 year?

The nets in 2014

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My premise was that it was more timing if anything. Lebron forced his hand which at the time, the NBA salary cap starting taking spikes which increases the payout along with luxury payments. Regardless, GS is about to trump those numbers.
you can grade it however you want too- current dollars, or adjusted dollars etc......no one has ever spent more in a 4 year period in total dollars, in relation to the cap, etc....it doesnt matter.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you can grade it however you want too- current dollars, or adjusted dollars etc......no one has ever spent more in a 4 year period in total dollars, in relation to the cap, etc....it doesnt matter.

And that got you 1 title. Do you want some type of participation trophy for that? You can hang a banner that Gilbert was forc.....volunteered to pay the most for a mediocre roster outside of Lebron.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be low key as shit if I had Lebron on my roster and we overpaid TT, JR, etc... like a MF'er which only got 1 title. Don't know how that's a brag. Strange times.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that got you 1 title. Do you want some type of participation trophy for that? You can hang a banner that Gilbert was forc.....volunteered to pay the most for a mediocre roster outside of Lebron.
"I was wrong so ill change the subject"

thanks!

adjust for inflation, etc...doesnt matter.

Dan G. spent more over a 4 year period than any owner in the history of the NBA since he wanted to see a winner and had no problem going into the red for the Cavs business operations since he has so much money elsewhere.

And I do agree that- its not like Dan G. could run 150M dollar deficits each and every year- but 50-75M? yah....that is doable when you are worth a few bill and growing....well- unless you are like your boy Mickey and didnt want to spend while you had the best player in the world on your team and actually asked HIM to take a paycut. lol.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

thanks!

Dan G. spent more over a 4 year period than any owner in the history of the NBA since Lebron said he had to.

FIFY

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, then Gilbert DIDN'T spend the most in NBA history....
over the 4 year period- which i said- he did.

Over that 4 year period no one in NBA history has ever spent more. It probably wont even be close. This year the Thunder ARE getting up there- but like the Nets and Thunder- its more about a 1 year cash crunch and not so much the sustained spendling level of a Gilbert......I mean- shit- Even your Lakers havent come close to ever spending on a level like Dan G. for any prolonged period of time!

and now that a trust owns the Lakers that is split multiple ways, it might/probably will never happen. Just not the same anymore....all those institutional advantages that were apparent through the early days of the NBA have been so severely mitigated.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

thanks!

Dan G. spent more over a 4 year period than any owner in the history of the NBA since he wanted to see a winner and had no problem going into the red for the Cavs business operations since he has so much money elsewhere.

And I do agree that- its not like Dan G. could run 150M dollar deficits each and every year- but 50-75M? yah....that is doable when you are worth a few bill and growing....well- unless you are like your boy Mickey and didnt want to spend while you had the best player in the world on your team and actually asked HIM to take a paycut. lol.

Wasn't wrong. Not going to argue in circles with you given that Danny Boy's baby batter has kept the homer goggles stuck to your face.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

thanks!

@Heatles84 your rebuttal? lol