• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

According to David Griffin Kyrie had a commitment from Hayword and Ariza

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I found this article interesting...I guess Kyrie had recruited Hayword and Ariza before lebron signed in 2014 and had a commitment from Hayword...It got blown up when lebron signed...

The team would have been interesting, with Kyrie, Wiggins, Waiters, Hayword and Ariza...Not sure they would have ever won a ring or not tho.

David Griffin: Kyrie Irving had Gordon Hayward committed to Cavs before LeBron signed

I believe it was moot since Hayward signed and offer sheet somewhere else and it was matched anyway.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe it was moot since Hayward signed and offer sheet somewhere else and it was matched anyway.

Maybe, but he probably never wanted to play in Charlotte, from what Griffin is saying he committed to playing in Cle, so just because they matched doesn't mean he has to sign with them.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, but he probably never wanted to play in Charlotte, from what Griffin is saying he committed to playing in Cle, so just because they matched doesn't mean he has to sign with them.

Utah would’ve matched any offer for Hayward. So yes it is kinda moot. Hayward committing to CLe as a rfa means nothing if Utah matches.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I found this article interesting...I guess Kyrie had recruited Hayword and Ariza before lebron signed in 2014 and had a commitment from Hayword...It got blown up when lebron signed...

The team would have been interesting, with Kyrie, Wiggins, Waiters, Hayword and Ariza...Not sure they would have ever won a ring or not tho.

David Griffin: Kyrie Irving had Gordon Hayward committed to Cavs before LeBron signed

Not sure if they would have ever won a ring?

Allow me to help you out.

0.0% chance that core wins a title.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, Utah would have matched the Cavs instead of the Bees?

Who cares?

Is this the kind of shit you have to resort to celebrating?

Cool....

The Clippers were in the top 33 of Teams Lebron considered signing with this Summer.

We were right there behind every NBA Team, the Sparks, Lynx and LA Ballers of the JBL.

giphy.gif

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Its interesting. That team had so many draft picks, and so many young playerse that it would have been interesting to see how it eventually turned out. Its funny Irving and Hayward have now teamed up in Boston when it could have been in Cleveland- perhaps if it didnt happen right away because of UTah's matching- then happening last year.

Obviously things worked out amazing with LeBron but it is an intereesting "what if" and goes to show you that if you have the right young talent and coaching staff and ownership group willing to spend no matter where you are you can attract guys like Hayward.

Itll be interesting to see how things go over the next couple years. I think this year the Cavs were just so, quote un quote, "pot committed", since its awful hard to go from "Competing for Championship Mode" to "Tank Mode" in the matter of a couple days after LeBron's decision, but at least they had laid the groundwork this team with the Sexton pick and some of the young guys they had . I am sure at points they could have traded Cedi as well and chose to hang onto him. While there will obviously be no Finals this season, and probably no playoffs----- Ithink the league is as top heavy as ever and really---- if we are getting down to it- Boston and GSW is the overwhelming favorite for an NBA Finals so not an awful time to rebuild.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its interesting. That team had so many draft picks, and so many young playerse that it would have been interesting to see how it eventually turned out. Its funny Irving and Hayward have now teamed up in Boston when it could have been in Cleveland- perhaps if it didnt happen right away because of UTah's matching- then happening last year.

Obviously things worked out amazing with LeBron but it is an intereesting "what if" and goes to show you that if you have the right young talent and coaching staff and ownership group willing to spend no matter where you are you can attract guys like Hayward.

Itll be interesting to see how things go over the next couple years. I think this year the Cavs were just so, quote un quote, "pot committed", since its awful hard to go from "Competing for Championship Mode" to "Tank Mode" in the matter of a couple days after LeBron's decision, but at least they had laid the groundwork this team with the Sexton pick and some of the young guys they had . I am sure at points they could have traded Cedi as well and chose to hang onto him. While there will obviously be no Finals this season, and probably no playoffs----- Ithink the league is as top heavy as ever and really---- if we are getting down to it- Boston and GSW is the overwhelming favorite for an NBA Finals so not an awful time to rebuild.

Didn't you get on the Heat for doing the same thing with Bosh that the Cavs just did with Love?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Again, you are so wrong about Gilbert.

You said all summer you wanted the Cavs to blow it up and rebuild around Sexton. Trade Love and any other pieces they could for picks. That is precisely what they should do.

Yet, instead Gilbert chose to sign 29 year old no defense playing Love to a 4 year extension.

Gilbert cares about the bottom line, and that is all he cares about. Love is popular in Cleveland and he is good enough to make them marginally watchable. Gilbert will do what he can to ensure the Cavs are good enough to sell tickets and they will be stuck in the dreaded purgatory for years to come.

And you will continue to praise every move because your homer goggles are on way too tight.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You said all summer you wanted the Cavs to blow it up and rebuild around Sexton. Trade Love and any other pieces they could for picks. That is precisely what they should do.

Yet, instead Gilbert chose to sign 29 year old no defense playing Love to a 4 year extension.

Gilbert cares about the bottom line, and that is all he cares about. Love is popular in Cleveland and he is good enough to make them marginally watchable. Gilbert will do what he can to ensure the Cavs are good enough to sell tickets and they will be stuck in the dreaded purgatory for years to come.

And you will continue to praise every move because your homer goggles are on way too tight.
you are positively insane if you think Gilbert's primary concern for the Cleveland Cavaliers is the bottom line. You are out of your guard, on a combination of LSD, peyote, and whatever other psychedelic you can imagine, insane.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't you get on the Heat for doing the same thing with Bosh that the Cavs just did with Love?
I would have the Heat trade Bosh if they could have- just like I hope the Cavs, can trade Love, but now is not the time to get the best value out of him. Certainly its better than when he was on an expiring contract, but considering the looks and focus he will get, getting his trade value up is where I would be focused if I was the Cavs.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,201.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He sure did.

#Backtracking

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you are positively insane if you think Gilbert's primary concern for the Cleveland Cavaliers is the bottom line. You are out of your guard, on a combination of LSD, peyote, and whatever other psychedelic you can imagine, insane.

You sure about that?

Because the LeBron James business was good for the bottom line. Until it wasn't.

The cost was getting too high, the Warriors got too good, and Gilbert stopped giving LeBron what he wanted because Gilbert wanted his team back.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You sure about that?

Because the LeBron James business was good for the bottom line. Until it wasn't.

The cost was getting too high, the Warriors got too good, and Gilbert stopped giving LeBron what he wanted because Gilbert wanted his team back.
Gilbert just spent the most in the history of the league over a 4 year period--in fact- WAAAY more than anyone else in the history of the league has EVER spent in a 4 year period and ran deficits every year because the NBA is his hobby.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have the Heat trade Bosh if they could have- just like I hope the Cavs, can trade Love, but now is not the time to get the best value out of him. Certainly its better than when he was on an expiring contract, but considering the looks and focus he will get, getting his trade value up is where I would be focused if I was the Cavs.

So.........basically it's the same thing. Love's not great value at $30 mil per year going into his 30's.