• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aaron Rodgers Legacy On The Line

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea. I have heard that 27 times. Welcome to the party.

Stats only tell part of the story.

Arizona - 7 total points in the second half
Minnesota - 3 total points in the second half
Seattle - 3 total points in the second half
New England - 7 total points in the second half
SF - 6 total points in the second half
Buffalo - 6 total points in the second half
Washington - 7 total points in the second half

People get all rustled when you criticize AR. I have said all along he is one of the best in the business. This year he has not played great in the second half in many games. There has also been rumors about his poor locker room attitude.

We all know this team goes as AR goes. So when you combine shaky second half play with a shaky attitude, you get a 4 win team. I realize the Packers are not playing well as a whole, but to sit there and say he is not part of the problem this year is just asinine.

Great point and while his 2nd half play hasn't quite been up to his standards I think that's a HUGE reason why McCarthy got fired. How can you have that kind of production from your QB in the 2nd half and be so awful with penalties, drops, missed FG's, kick returns, etc that you can't score with him playing that well? How come you can't outscore a team like San Fran or Cleveland with that QB in the 2nd half, when your QB has 11 TD's 0 INT's and throwing on a pace for a 5300 yard season in that half?

I mean you watched that Seattle game right? like you say, stats don't tell that story. Rodgers making plays or trying to make them as his offense is shooting themselves in the foot in the 2nd half. One of the best games of the season and it's like heck, they don't even try to block or when they do it's below the waist and negates plays.

Same with the SF game there. score on the first drive. Then three straight drives where they just don't block guys who come clean on Rodgers... Then down 7 at the 2 min warning and leads them to the win. I get he isn't able to escape like he could 8 years ago, but what of those drives are on him that you are calling out?

Or the Redskin game you mention:
First drive TD to get within 2 scores.
2nd drive Rodgers makes up for a false start on 3rd and forever to get them into 4th and two with a great throw. 4th down pass is an easy 1st down slant, but dropped
3rd drive pushed back with a couple holding calls and then a 50 yard bomb hits Kendricks in his hands and he drops it to kill the drive.
4th drive he did overthrow a receiver on 3rd down but a holding would have negated that anyways.
5th drive receiver fumbles after a catch.
last drive was the garbage time hail mary.
What are we putting on him here because the stats say "just 7 points"? Because watching him, he looked damn good.

I do agree under pressure, he's not running where you go "oh crap here he goes again", but more like "oh crap he's in trouble". But when he's putting the ball in players hands to win the game, that's what he needs to do.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure what caused the fallout between Rodgers and McCarthy, but the last good DEF GB had was 2010 and they beat PIT that yr in the SB...since then, they've had a couple of teams with DEF around the top 10, but for the most part the Packers have been pretty mediocre on DEF.

So while I'm sure the FO will ask his opinion of the guys they're serious about bringing in, GB has to rebuild that DEF before Rodgers can really make a real push for his 2nd SB to close out his career.

Having a top 10 D for a decade is nothing to sneeze at. Many teams would love to have that. Especially with their QB and other offensive players taking up so much capitol.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dropped receiving yards not passes. Meaning his receivers are dropping catchable big plays. Those are drive killers.
Fail, Fail, Fail jezzus come up and take a breath Rodgers taint will appreciate it.

First downs whether they are 1 yard gains or 99 keep drives alive. Man I can't believe even you tried to pull this bs.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Packers have dropped 201 yards worth of catchable passes. Most in the NFL.

Not rocket science.

This stat doesn't mean shit. This could be 4x 50 yard hail Mary's to end the half/game...

Keep falling on Rodgers sword.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This stat doesn't mean shit. This could be 4x 50 yard hail Mary's to end the half/game...

Drops are typically open recievers that drop the ball. Hail Mary’s don’t really fall into that category.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I take a shit and come back in 5 minutes am I going to have like 8 more notifications from you?

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very true. The Packers are not a very talented team but Rodgers gave folks the illusion that they were.

Sorry kid, that is bullshit.

Great QB's make the players around them better and not vice-versa. Rodgers has had some very talented players lined up next to him over the years and he has squandered all that talent away.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great point and while his 2nd half play hasn't quite been up to his standards I think that's a HUGE reason why McCarthy got fired. How can you have that kind of production from your QB in the 2nd half and be so awful with penalties, drops, missed FG's, kick returns, etc that you can't score with him playing that well? How come you can't outscore a team like San Fran or Cleveland with that QB in the 2nd half, when your QB has 11 TD's 0 INT's and throwing on a pace for a 5300 yard season in that half?

I mean you watched that Seattle game right? like you say, stats don't tell that story. Rodgers making plays or trying to make them as his offense is shooting themselves in the foot in the 2nd half. One of the best games of the season and it's like heck, they don't even try to block or when they do it's below the waist and negates plays.

Same with the SF game there. score on the first drive. Then three straight drives where they just don't block guys who come clean on Rodgers... Then down 7 at the 2 min warning and leads them to the win. I get he isn't able to escape like he could 8 years ago, but what of those drives are on him that you are calling out?

Or the Redskin game you mention:
First drive TD to get within 2 scores.
2nd drive Rodgers makes up for a false start on 3rd and forever to get them into 4th and two with a great throw. 4th down pass is an easy 1st down slant, but dropped
3rd drive pushed back with a couple holding calls and then a 50 yard bomb hits Kendricks in his hands and he drops it to kill the drive.
4th drive he did overthrow a receiver on 3rd down but a holding would have negated that anyways.
5th drive receiver fumbles after a catch.
last drive was the garbage time hail mary.
What are we putting on him here because the stats say "just 7 points"? Because watching him, he looked damn good.

I do agree under pressure, he's not running where you go "oh crap here he goes again", but more like "oh crap he's in trouble". But when he's putting the ball in players hands to win the game, that's what he needs to do.

:lebowski2:

He's been terrible :L

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having a top 10 D for a decade is nothing to sneeze at. Many teams would love to have that. Especially with their QB and other offensive players taking up so much capitol.

Not a top 10 D, but a D occasionally (as in once) sniffing the top 10 this decade. Since their SB in 2010 they ranked 11th in points allowed once. That's been their high mark. Since Rodgers took over they are 3rd worst in playoff points per game allowed. Not "many teams would love to have that".

and that capital....

From 2011-2016 they ranked 5th, 4th, 9th, 2nd, 6th and 6th in spending on defense. So that's where their capital was going. Offense never ranked in the top 13 in that time in spending. Offense though was 3rd in points scored over that period (defense was 20th).

2011 was also the last time they used a first round pick on an offensive player (last pick of the first rd on Sherrod). Damn that's been a while. Tebowmania was about to kick off in Denver and Suh/Bradford were coming off rookie of the year seasons when they last used the capital of a 1st round pick on offense. And 5 of the 8 years since then they've used their 2nd round pick on defense as well.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Are you saying that is true? Or are you saying you are uninformed on the topic of which you are speaking and just making up an assertation which you can't prove in any way?

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lebowski2:

He's been terrible :L

So nothing real to add.. Just memes?

I can do that too...
1331912448135_5790905.png

So would you like to go back to talking informative football then, or play with your memes which bring nothing to the conversation and troll? Honest question.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So nothing real to add.. Just memes?

I can do that too...
1331912448135_5790905.png

So would you like to go back to talking informative football then, or play with your memes which bring nothing to the conversation and troll? Honest question.

Do you read English, Rockitwat?

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry kid, that is bullshit.

Great QB's make the players around them better and not vice-versa. Rodgers has had some very talented players lined up next to him over the years and he has squandered all that talent away.

Ahhh yes, those great receivers. His top 3 for his career is Jordy Nelson, who's showing everyone how to win this year in oakland just like James Jones did. Cobb who had a 1000 yard season... once. And Greg Jennings who was instantly so bad after that huge deal he was gone within 2 years from Minny. Or Finley. Good enough to be Rodgers starting TE. Not good enough to even get an offer from the Patriots after a workout.

His top 8 wideout targets have a record of 17-43 once they escape the Packers and him squandering their talents". None saw a .500 season.

And his top backs while he's been there are Eddie Lacy, who ate himself out of the league. Ryan Grant who looked good for 2 years. And James Starks who had 600 rushing yards once. Seriously the #1 packer for rushing TD's since Rodgers started has been.... Rodgers.

His top 5 backs with him as soon as they were free of Rodgers COMBINED for 239 rush yards and 3.0 a carry. But yeah, that's AMAZING...

And lets not forget good ol Mason Crosby, or as I like to call him "blind Vinatieri". The kicker who's 26th in FG% among active kickers.... out of 26 qualifying kickers. Yeah, that's right. Dead last talent held back by only getting a SB ring.

You are on a roll today. Made up hail mary's, fake draft and cap capital. Made up defenses that were great. And now 3.0 yards a carry backs being "very talented" somehow and the Packers leading WR not being able to make a roster the following year being "talent squandered". This is pulitzer winning stuff here lol.

Quick question. Do you fact check anything that comes out of your mouth? Or just spout it and good ol plucky hope that it's not a lie is good enough for you?