• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aaron Rodgers Legacy On The Line

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drops are typically open recievers that drop the ball. Hail Mary’s don’t really fall into that category.

Are you sure? Link. I'll wait.

Regardless even if mine was a poor example your claim is asinine and it's not just NE fans. Just give it up and tell everyone you had a long moment of stupid.

Not a top 10 D, but a D occasionally (as in once) sniffing the top 10 this decade. Since their SB in 2010 they ranked 11th in points allowed once. That's been their high mark. Since Rodgers took over they are 3rd worst in playoff points per game allowed. Not "many teams would love to have that".

and that capital....

From 2011-2016 they ranked 5th, 4th, 9th, 2nd, 6th and 6th in spending on defense. So that's where their capital was going. Offense never ranked in the top 13 in that time in spending. Offense though was 3rd in points scored over that period (defense was 20th).

2011 was also the last time they used a first round pick on an offensive player (last pick of the first rd on Sherrod). Damn that's been a while. Tebowmania was about to kick off in Denver and Suh/Bradford were coming off rookie of the year seasons when they last used the capital of a 1st round pick on offense. And 5 of the 8 years since then they've used their 2nd round pick on defense as well.

Take a breath speedy.

Occasionally isn't ONCE so let's start there.

Next points allowed is not the only D stat.

When did we jump into playoff points? Never mind I don't really care.

13th is top 1/3rd of the league I never said they were # 1.

Yes they made some bad picks and signed some terrible defensive deals.

Not sure how much when/where they selected their last offensive pick matters? GB occasionally (more then once) select late in the first and second. By then it's usually a pick for need. They've had a good offense so why draft a late first rounder there?

For all the Rodgers apologists out there why don't we just all agree if GB had the #1 Offensive players and the #1 Defensive players, a better coach and GM, easier strength of schedule, less injures or perceived injuries, more SB victories, WRs not dropping air yards or whatever the fuck they are, he'd be the unquestionable GOAT.

Did I miss anything?

Did I just see AR limping? Never mind he completed a pass. No more sign of that limp.

It's too funny haters come one here and call Brady brittle. AR is the Teflon Don of the NFL.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers has been exposed as a fraud this season. At least his boy friend still loves him.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. NWPatsFan is really melting down. Jeez

Yeah that's it:rolleyes2:

Apparently all this negative talk about your boy has really hit home. You're more confused then usual.

Why would anyone besides a Rodgers deep throater be melting down in this thread:scratch:

Good try:thumb::thumb:

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't pat yourself on the back too hard Rex or you might hurt yourself. I repeat that you don't know much about NFL football outside of your bubble in New England. Sorry if the truth hurts.

I didn't pat myself on the back, I merely pointed out that you don't know a fucking thing about football...... as evidenced by the fact that you're here white knighting for your wife's favorite player.

Kinda sad, dude. You should sack up and tell the wife to get her own SportsHoopla account and handle it herself.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is it that the two biggest Aaron Rodgers' fanboys on tHoop live more than 1,000 miles from Cheeseland?

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you sure? Link. I'll wait.

Regardless even if mine was a poor example your claim is asinine and it's not just NE fans. Just give it up and tell everyone you had a long moment of stupid.

Take a breath speedy.

Occasionally isn't ONCE so let's start there.

Next points allowed is not the only D stat.

When did we jump into playoff points? Never mind I don't really care.

13th is top 1/3rd of the league I never said they were # 1.

Yes they made some bad picks and signed some terrible defensive deals.

Not sure how much when/where they selected their last offensive pick matters? GB occasionally (more then once) select late in the first and second. By then it's usually a pick for need. They've had a good offense so why draft a late first rounder there?

For all the Rodgers apologists out there why don't we just all agree if GB had the #1 Offensive players and the #1 Defensive players, a better coach and GM, easier strength of schedule, less injures or perceived injuries, more SB victories, WRs not dropping air yards or whatever the fuck they are, he'd be the unquestionable GOAT.

Did I miss anything?

Did I just see AR limping? Never mind he completed a pass. No more sign of that limp.

It's too funny haters come one here and call Brady brittle. AR is the Teflon Don of the NFL.

You say points per game isn't the only thing to judge on, but get upset when they are judged on playoff performance? Are we looking at Brady all wrong here and those playoff performances and rings aren't important to a legacy now? Which is it? look at more things or look at less things. Why all of a sudden is playoff success completely irrelevant for the Packers? You contradict yourself from one sentence to the next here, I thought that was a huge thing. What is his D top ten in the past decade for?

I'll help you. It isn't points, points per drive, yards, yards per play, yards per carry, QB rating allowed, opponent first downs allowed, opponent 3rd down rate, opponent red zone success rate, opponent turnover rate.

And you said "top ten D for a decade". Where were they a top ten D as you claim the past decade? I mean top 10 in points allowed and yards per play allowed and best average starting field position. Are you saying with your football knowledge you think that is something teams would "love to have"????

Then you bring up the capital (or capitol as you call it) spent on the offense. There's two major types of capital teams spend. Draft and cap. And both have strongly favored the defense as you've been educated on. But when called out on that false information you tried passing along, you come back with "well the offense was good so of course they spend that capital on defense".

13th is top 1/3 of the league. D is usually in the upper half of that when it comes to spending. Offense isn't. That's where the capital is being spent. D. But you said the "offensive players taking up so much capitol". When it's the defense in reality.

If they aren't using their capital on offense, but rather defense, then don't say they use their capital on offense. Then you don't have to backtrack and explain why they are doing the opposite of what you claim. Life's a lot simpler if you live with facts instead of lies and trying to backtrack off of them when called out about them.

And I love how you have to go off on a tangent completely off the subject at hand and try to put words in my mouth I never said about his "perfect team" like that is something I think or said. Why is that something you do there? Do you think making that up helps your point to lie and put words in other peoples mouths? Because it doesn't.

Now take a breath. I promise you Giselle will give you a chance to feel that filling warmth of Brady's man-goo in your throat again. This doesn't have anything to do with him. You don't have to come rushing up with your insecurity that if someone says another player is good, his legacy is done for and make up lies and hope nobody fact checks you.

funny thing is I've been called a Brady apologist when I call him the best. Unlike you instead of just making up these lies, I use facts to support my argument. Try that sometime.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't pat myself on the back, I merely pointed out that you don't know a fucking thing about football.
Well I did play three years of college ball so I guess that disqualifies me.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers is great. He has also had his shortcomings this year. Your team sucks and that's their fault. You... A) have no proof that of "game changing" or crucial the plays were. How can you possibly insinuate all of that yardage was from "big" moments? B) Your team sucks... they dropped balls... it's what they do.

I'm not sure what you mean by "no proof". The games are there on TV. They were broadcast across the television and recorded as well. There's been stories written about some of those big ones. The only way to make that accusation is to say "I'm not going to spend a minute to educate myself on the Packers season but rather argue from a position of ignorance instead".

Two score game and 4 drive ending drops between Adams, Kendricks and Cobb all on 3rd or 4th down plays (plus another WR fumble to end a 5th drive).

Lions game. 1 score game, Adams has that drop on 3rd down for a 30 yard gain to the 1 yard line of Det that turns into a missed FG instead.

Vikings tie game. The one to Adams with no one close early in the game that would have gotten them easily in FG range on a drive that ended in a punt.

You are right, that's what they do is drop balls (and fumble in key situations). I put that on the coaching staff. I get that teams have things go wrong. But they are not good in terms of holding onto the ball.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure what you mean by "no proof". The games are there on TV. They were broadcast across the television and recorded as well. There's been stories written about some of those big ones. The only way to make that accusation is to say "I'm not going to spend a minute to educate myself on the Packers season but rather argue from a position of ignorance instead".

Two score game and 4 drive ending drops between Adams, Kendricks and Cobb all on 3rd or 4th down plays (plus another WR fumble to end a 5th drive).

Lions game. 1 score game, Adams has that drop on 3rd down for a 30 yard gain to the 1 yard line of Det that turns into a missed FG instead.

Vikings tie game. The one to Adams with no one close early in the game that would have gotten them easily in FG range on a drive that ended in a punt.

You are right, that's what they do is drop balls (and fumble in key situations). I put that on the coaching staff. I get that teams have things go wrong. But they are not good in terms of holding onto the ball.

Why would I know that or even have to know that to assert my point? The burden of proof isn't on me. I asked for a link. How the hell am I supposed to know all 32 teams season in-and-out? YOU all are asserting the positive claim that drops could have changed your season.

This is quite possibly the single most pathetic and asinine argument I have ever, ever heard. You listed off a THREE drops that were POSSIBLY key to the outcome. One was in the 1st quarter of a TIE. LMAO. Do the teams who played you also get their drops back? What about other key miscues.

Can I get Parkey's missed field goal back vs Miami or our two SPT's TD's surrendered to NE?

Deal with the fact that you fucking suck. My goodness... You two sound like such babies right now. Three drops... acting like all teams don't have moments like this in their season.

Not to mention, it's extremely blurry as to how much those affected each game. This is completely ridiculous. You are 4-7-1 and you TOTALLY deserve to be that. Lucky you're not 3-8-1 with that Bears choke...

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would I know that or even have to know that to assert my point? The burden of proof isn't on me. I asked for a link. How the hell am I supposed to know all 32 teams season in-and-out? YOU all are asserting the positive claim that drops could have changed your season.

This is quite possibly the single most pathetic and asinine argument I have ever, ever heard. You listed off a THREE drops that were POSSIBLY key to the outcome. One was in the 1st quarter of a TIE. LMAO. Do the teams who played you also get their drops back? What about other key miscues.

Can I get Parkey's missed field goal back vs Miami or our two SPT's TD's surrendered to NE?

Deal with the fact that you fucking suck. My goodness... You two sound like such babies right now. Three drops... acting like all teams don't have moments like this in their season.

Not to mention, it's extremely blurry as to how much those affected each game. This is completely ridiculous. You are 4-7-1 and you TOTALLY deserve to be that. Lucky you're not 3-8-1 with that Bears choke...

I get it. You'd rather remain ignorant when it takes you 2 seconds and google to educate yourself on the subject you want to post about. And that's fine. I guess we are all different and I prefer to have knowledge on the topic I speak rather than just make baseless guesses.

Extremely blurry??

1 in a tie, that ended a drive that should have been 3 points. Remind me what are the chances of winning a game if you have 3 more points than them at the end of regulation.

1 at the 1 yard line in a game they lost by 1 score that instead got them zero points. Maybe it's blurry to you but if you need a TD, 1st and goal from the 1 is a LOT better than missing a FG.

4 drops that ended drives on 3rd/4th down in a 2 score game. How is that blurry that 4 potential scoring drives were wiped out by drops?

You didn't ask the other information. Yes other teams have problems, and not saying they don't. My team has it's ones. Packers have theirs, every team does. Drops in key situations is one which the Packers have been suffering from. There are situations those drops have occurred which have changed outcomes of games. That was what you asked.

I just brought up a few games where passes not being dropped clearly could have impacted the final score. You should know this. Brady most likely would likely have 6 rings if not for Wes Welker dropping a pass. Why is this a new concept for you?

I'm not a packers fan is the funny part. They probably don't like that I think Brady is a better QB than Rodgers. I am GLAD this is an issue for GB because it helps my teams playoff chances lol

If you want to debate that having the most 3rd/4th down drops in the NFL isn't something that can hurt a teams chances to win, I'd love to continue that conversation with you and see why you think so. I think that's an issue is all. Like I've shown you, those drops were in key situations and hard to call a game much closer than a tie.

You asked a question. I gave you an answer. Somehow that upset you. Sorry.

Reactions: GNG

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for a coach he "approves of" I don't see that happening. If Peyton Manning can't pick his coach, I don't see Rodgers doing that. And Mark Murphy has made it 100% clear that won't be the case.

I think that cap hit get's overrated. Next year the Packers are 8th in QB spending, 1 spot ahead of the Dolphins and about 5 million over the league average at the position. Meanwhile they are spending 13 million on players not on the team like Clinton Dix and Bennett. And in a couple years I doubt he will be the top paid QB as new guys get new deals.

The real benefit at QB is either getting lucky with a backup low cost guy blowing up (think Vikings with Case Keenum last year) or the rookie scale QB's (Eagles/Rams). It doesn't give you an out if you are awful with your FA's anymore. But if you have a crap GM making bad moves you likely aren't winning anyways.

As for the 1 SB.. Do you put that on the 2nd best offense in the post-season since Rodgers took over (ahead of all but the Saints). Or the defense that's been bottom 3 (with Det and Atl as only ones giving up over 26 a game and 6.1 yards per play, none of the teams doing that this year have a record over .500 vs. regular season opponents). Those other two bottom 3 defenses have team records of 4-9 in the post-season. GB is 9-7 with a SB ring. So if that doesn't change why is Rodgers 100% responsible for the awfulness when he's on the sideline?

So as for his legacy, he was able to go up against some of the greatest ever and outplay them. He clearly was in that elite grouping of Manning, Brady, and Brees, and at times the best of that group. He won MVP's and a SB MVP. He was so great a 21TD-1INT season has us saying "whats wrong with him".

A later start and injuries have held him back along with questionable coaching.

I think that kinda puts him in the same boat I remember Steve Young in. More physical talent than Marino, Elway, Montana, Moon, Kelly. When he was on the top of his game, he was transcendent. Most efficient QB to play ever at the time. Injuries and a later start hurt his longetivity.

He's had that Young/Staubach type of career where at his best there wasn't anyone better. Just other played at a high level longer or had better playoff rosters.

TMDR

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is it that the two biggest Aaron Rodgers' fanboys on tHoop live more than 1,000 miles from Cheeseland?

Have you been there?????

th

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it. You'd rather remain ignorant when it takes you 2 seconds and google to educate yourself on the subject you want to post about. And that's fine. I guess we are all different and I prefer to have knowledge on the topic I speak rather than just make baseless guesses.

Extremely blurry??

1 in a tie, that ended a drive that should have been 3 points. Remind me what are the chances of winning a game if you have 3 more points than them at the end of regulation.

1 at the 1 yard line in a game they lost by 1 score that instead got them zero points. Maybe it's blurry to you but if you need a TD, 1st and goal from the 1 is a LOT better than missing a FG.

4 drops that ended drives on 3rd/4th down in a 2 score game. How is that blurry that 4 potential scoring drives were wiped out by drops?

You didn't ask the other information. Yes other teams have problems, and not saying they don't. My team has it's ones. Packers have theirs, every team does. Drops in key situations is one which the Packers have been suffering from. There are situations those drops have occurred which have changed outcomes of games. That was what you asked.

I just brought up a few games where passes not being dropped clearly could have impacted the final score. You should know this. Brady most likely would likely have 6 rings if not for Wes Welker dropping a pass. Why is this a new concept for you?

I'm not a packers fan is the funny part. They probably don't like that I think Brady is a better QB than Rodgers. I am GLAD this is an issue for GB because it helps my teams playoff chances lol

If you want to debate that having the most 3rd/4th down drops in the NFL isn't something that can hurt a teams chances to win, I'd love to continue that conversation with you and see why you think so. I think that's an issue is all. Like I've shown you, those drops were in key situations and hard to call a game much closer than a tie.

You asked a question. I gave you an answer. Somehow that upset you. Sorry.

:fap:

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can buy cheese here in Okinawa, why else would someone go to Wisconsin?
The city of Green Bay is a heap of shit. It’s a bunch of middle to old age fatty’s that live in their hovels. I drove by the neighborhood church and I swear The dude on the cross looked exactly like Aaron Rodgers.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The city of Green Bay is a heap of shit. It’s a bunch of middle to old age fatty’s that live in their hovels. I drove by the neighborhood church and I swear The dude on the cross looked exactly like Aaron Rodgers.
You've probably never been there.