• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: WEEK 17 Lots on the line 1 PM

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, that was quite a thumpin' the Pack laid on the Vikes tonite. Love and Jones each had a monster game. The Vikes must seriously do their due diligence to get Cousins back under contract.
Minny is the fave to go to the Vikes.

If that happens....Cousins to the Falcons

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles problem is the coordinators Nick picked. Gannon screwed us out of Fangio (and possibly a super bowl victory) when he pulled that shit with the Cardinals. I think he should get a chance to redo this year's failed coordinator picks.

As an offensive guy he should have seen how Brian Johnson wasn't ready (or can't?) call plays. This team needs experienced play callers on both sides of the ball to take advantage of their talent in the trenches.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Pastafazul @PhilSimms11
Italian Art GIF by Kiszkiloszki
Ba fagool!!!

Happy new year brother

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sirianni is going to be fired. It sounds like the players have totally quit on him and the coaches after losing faith with their ability to adjust and develop basic game plans.

It will be interesting to see if they bring in a completely different coach and philosophy.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sirianni is going to be fired. It sounds like the players have totally quit on him and the coaches after losing faith with their ability to adjust and develop basic game plans.

It will be interesting to see if they bring in a completely different coach and philosophy.
Typical over reaction

Nick Sirianni went 14-1 with Jalen Hurts as the starting quarterback last season and 10-1 this season before the hiccup here. This organization has never done that before; they’ve been around since 1933. They never had a stretch of that level of success. Put any context you want on it. Never, zero, never happened before. It’s like it never existed. You’ve got to give him a little bit of rope.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no coach can fire a crowd up more than Sirianni.

and why does Hurts sit on the bench by himself all the time? He seems disengaged most of the time. I do like how the team gives him his coat when talking time out stratagy with coach.

If only it were 3rd and one most of the time.

#playingforsecond

too soon?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical over reaction

Nick Sirianni went 14-1 with Jalen Hurts as the starting quarterback last season and 10-1 this season before the hiccup here. This organization has never done that before; they’ve been around since 1933. They never had a stretch of that level of success. Put any context you want on it. Never, zero, never happened before. It’s like it never existed. You’ve got to give him a little bit of rope.
get um in line nut.

iggloo has always been more troll than football guy.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical over reaction

When this happened, Sirianni was fired. He just didn't know it yet. He apparently still doesn't know it!

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Browns have quietly had a great season. You look up and they're 11-5. I like seeing them do well because it makes me nostalgic. I'm a Niners fan through and through ever since I was a kid in the 1980's, but that exciting Broncos-Browns playoff game from that time probably played a factor in why I got so hooked into sports. I'm also a lover of history and the Browns are one of the more iconic NFL teams.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical over reaction

I agree.

Never heard of a fanbase go from talking possible COTY (10-1) to he's gonna be fired at the end of the season, all in the same season.

I was listening too Eagle fans
Best QB
Greatest OL
top DL
Greatest punter
four of the top 3 WRs
top TE
Best coaching staff

to what do you expect.
Hurts needs better talent around & him & the coaches!!!!
Image result for need to be fired gif

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree.

Never heard of a fanbase go from talking possible COTY (10-1) to he's gonna be fired at the end of the season, all in the same season.

I was listening too Eagle fans
Best QB
Greatest OL
top DL
Greatest punter
four of the top 3 WRs
top TE
Best coaching staff

to what do you expect.
Hurts needs better talent around & him & the coaches!!!!
Image result for need to be fired gif
Four of the top 3 wrs :thumb:

No one said best coaches. Worried about the coordinators. And hopefully they could learn on the job and be experienced enough by the end of the season for the playoffs. Big nope.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is, the talent is clearly too good, especially on offense, to be having this kind of performance. Losing to the Niners and Cowboys is to be expected over a long season if you are a contending team facing tough games all the time. Losing to the Cardinals and Seahawks is not, and not acceptable. The coaching is clearly a major factor. There may also be chemistry issues with AJ Brown turning diva, it would appear.

On defense, there are some major holes that have gotten exposed, holes that were frankly there since opening day at linebacker and slot corner, and got worse due to some key injuries. But the biggest thing that got exposed is the defensive line depth, once guys were forced to play a lot of minutes. Josh Sweat, Jalen Carter and Jordan Davis looked pretty good the first half of the year, but have all fallen off a cliff of late. I think they played way too many snaps, and veteran guys like Fletcher Cox and Brandon Graham are totally shot at this point and can't fill the gaps any more. Other guys such as Nolan Smith have given us zero production on the edge, and other backup interior linemen haven't done much to stuff the run.

So, definitely some personnel holes exposed on defense, but switching to Matt Patricia as defensive coordinator, so he can drop Hasaan Reddick back into coverage, is brutal. And on offense, it's very hard to blame anyone but Brian Johnson and Nick Sirianni for failing to use the talent a little more creatively behind what remains a very good offensive line.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is, the talent is clearly too good, especially on offense, to be having this kind of performance. Losing to the Niners and Cowboys is to be expected over a long season if you are a contending team facing tough games all the time. Losing to the Cardinals and Seahawks is not, and not acceptable. The coaching is clearly a major factor. There may also be chemistry issues with AJ Brown turning diva, it would appear.

On defense, there are some major holes that have gotten exposed, holes that were frankly there since opening day at linebacker and slot corner, and got worse due to some key injuries. But the biggest thing that got exposed is the defensive line depth, once guys were forced to play a lot of minutes. Josh Sweat, Jalen Carter and Jordan Davis looked pretty good the first half of the year, but have all fallen off a cliff of late. I think they played way too many snaps, and veteran guys like Fletcher Cox and Brandon Graham are totally shot at this point and can't fill the gaps any more. Other guys such as Nolan Smith have given us zero production on the edge, and other backup interior linemen haven't done much to stuff the run.

So, definitely some personnel holes exposed on defense, but switching to Matt Patricia as defensive coordinator, so he can drop Hasaan Reddick back into coverage, is brutal. And on offense, it's very hard to blame anyone but Brian Johnson and Nick Sirianni for failing to use the talent a little more creatively behind what remains a very good offensive line.
so...drafting national championship Bulldogs wasn't the ticket afterall?

wind changed direction. That darn wind.