• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: WEEK 13 Playoffs on the line

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of the other calls matter, right?

I'm just commenting on one non-call. I don't care about any other calls when commenting on that one call. I don't care who won this game. Is there a problem with saying that the refs missed one?

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just commenting on one non-call. I don't care about any other calls when commenting on that one call. I don't care who won this game. Is there a problem with saying that the refs missed one?

In the overall picture of how the refs handled the end of that game, I think so. They made a lot of bad calls and non-calls at the end of that game.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the overall picture of how the refs handled the end of that game, I think so. They made a lot of bad calls and non-calls at the end of that game.
It’s just the inconsistency that’s disappointing. The hawks couldn’t get within 1yd of the girls wr without a flag the other night

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s just the inconsistency that’s disappointing. The hawks couldn’t get within 1yd of the girls wr without a flag the other night

I agree, until the 4th quarter rolled around, then mugging was acceptable.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, it went both ways. The Seahawks are the most penalized team in the league for good reason. They are undisciplined and grabby because they are shitty tacklers and poorly coached and run a scheme that is garbage. Despite his good rookie year, there's a good reason Woolen got picked near the end of the draft. He has shitty technique in coverage. I like the kid but he needs some coaching by someone like Sherman.
But back to P.I. in general, it's completely subjective and every back judge, side judge, etc. has a different interpretation of the rule. There is no fixing that. We have already seen the unmitigated disaster that replay was so we just have to deal with it.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to add to the P.I. discussion, there is really only one significant change that I would like to see and no, it's not the stupid "full time refs" nonsense. I want the league to just adopt a 10 yard penalty for DPI the same as OPI. No more spot fouls and no automatic 1st downs for holding or any of that. Too easy for teams to get BS calls just by chucking it up deep on 3rd downs and the WR running through the DB and drawing the foul. 3rd and 22 shouldn't become a 1st down. Give the 10 yards and another down. No more cheap and easy firsts.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of the other calls matter, right?
Eye roll…. What does making a comment about two bad calls on ONE drive have to do with the rest of the game? It was commentary about that drive only.

Anyway you can make that comment about the whole game on every game.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to add to the P.I. discussion, there is really only one significant change that I would like to see and no, it's not the stupid "full time refs" nonsense. I want the league to just adopt a 10 yard penalty for DPI the same as OPI. No more spot fouls and no automatic 1st downs for holding or any of that. Too easy for teams to get BS calls just by chucking it up deep on 3rd downs and the WR running through the DB and drawing the foul. 3rd and 22 shouldn't become a 1st down. Give the 10 yards and another down. No more cheap and easy firsts.
Sad is that they had a “fix” in place with coaches being allowed to challenge PI calls. Sadly the egos got in the way of it ever being utilized properly and was a joke.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flacco is a god! Hahahahaha
He played well with limited knowledge of the playbook but Stafford threw 3 TD's vs that defense. And the Rams averaged almost 5ypc on the ground.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles are getting bitch slapped at home
Pretty much. The Eagles had a chance to go up by more early and failed to take advantage, ending up with 3 points on both opening drives. Then the Niners grabbed the momentum and took off with it.

Realistically I knew they would not win every game in this brutal stretch they are in playing the Chiefs, Bills, Niners , Cowboys and Seahawks all in a row.

The Cowboys game is now going to be a good one! If Philly could somehow win and remain undefeated in the division I still think home field advantage could be theirs to lose. But if they lose…Dallas could leapfrog them now though they have a tougher final stretch.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much. The Eagles had a chance to go up by more early and failed to take advantage, ending up with 3 points on both opening drives. Then the Niners grabbed the momentum and took off with it.

Realistically I knew they would not win every game in this brutal stretch they are in playing the Chiefs, Bills, Niners , Cowboys and Seahawks all in a row.

The Cowboys game is now going to be a good one! If Philly could somehow win and remain undefeated in the division I still think home field advantage could be theirs to lose. But if they lose…Dallas could leapfrog them now though they have a tougher final stretch.
Biggest thing yesterday wasn’t the loss as much as how it happened. In the first quarter the Niners were 0-2 on 3rd down. The rest of the game they were 8-9 and that one “stop” led to 1-1 on 4th down conversations. Unacceptable.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you most of the way but a 10 yard limit invites DPI if the pass is 40 yards down field. The deeper the pass the greater the risk/reward. 5 yards or half the distance of the spot foul seems fairer and no automatic 1st down unless the foul is in the opponents 15 yard line.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Realistically thst Eagle curb stomping will be a good thing for the Eagles, they can learn from the game.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you most of the way but a 10 yard limit invites DPI if the pass is 40 yards down field. The deeper the pass the greater the risk/reward. 5 yards or half the distance of the spot foul seems fairer and no automatic 1st down unless the foul is in the opponents 15 yard line.
I would say the plays in the end zone instead of them being placed at the one yard line do half the distance to the goal line. The rest of the calls I don’t have an issue with because like you said 10 yards invites the penalty more on longer plays.

Even then with half the distance it would invite more DPI in the end zone.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Realistically thst Eagle curb stomping will be a good thing for the Eagles, they can learn from the game.
They can’t fix personnel. The only thing they can “learn” is something they should have already known. That defense is meh. They need to counteract that by being aggressive and playing for turnovers and the complimentary football you need from the offense entails chewing up clock with balance between run and pass and scoring on 75% of their touches. Yesterday revealed that these two young coordinators are in over their head. These warts have been there all year but it’s been masked by that clutch gene where they’ve found a way to win late.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well shit
another week played and now there are questions? Shoot, lets play another week or two.

cream rises to the top.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought last year people were giving the Niners a little too much credit but this year they are clearly the best team when healthy. They've recently blown out the Jags, Seahawks, and Eagles. They're the clear favorites atm.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought last year people were giving the Niners a little too much credit but this year they are clearly the best team when healthy. They've recently blown out the Jags, Seahawks, and Eagles. They're the clear favorites atm.
SF & Philly are the two best teams on football. they were last week too.

somebody in the AFC will get a chance