• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aaron Rodgers Legacy On The Line

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you read English, Rockitwat?

Oh I see what you did there. You played a pun on words. Such a fun one you are! Sneaky boy!

Guessing that is a clear no from you that you will not in fact actually bring any intelligent discussion or facts to the thread. Thanks!

Last edited:

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to Rodgers, the Packers were perennial NFC favorites from what, 2011-2017 pre-Hundley starting and not once made the Super Bowl?

Something had to give.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great point and while his 2nd half play hasn't quite been up to his standards I think that's a HUGE reason why McCarthy got fired. How can you have that kind of production from your QB in the 2nd half and be so awful with penalties, drops, missed FG's, kick returns, etc that you can't score with him playing that well? How come you can't outscore a team like San Fran or Cleveland with that QB in the 2nd half, when your QB has 11 TD's 0 INT's and throwing on a pace for a 5300 yard season in that half?

I mean you watched that Seattle game right? like you say, stats don't tell that story. Rodgers making plays or trying to make them as his offense is shooting themselves in the foot in the 2nd half. One of the best games of the season and it's like heck, they don't even try to block or when they do it's below the waist and negates plays.

Same with the SF game there. score on the first drive. Then three straight drives where they just don't block guys who come clean on Rodgers... Then down 7 at the 2 min warning and leads them to the win. I get he isn't able to escape like he could 8 years ago, but what of those drives are on him that you are calling out?

Or the Redskin game you mention:
First drive TD to get within 2 scores.
2nd drive Rodgers makes up for a false start on 3rd and forever to get them into 4th and two with a great throw. 4th down pass is an easy 1st down slant, but dropped
3rd drive pushed back with a couple holding calls and then a 50 yard bomb hits Kendricks in his hands and he drops it to kill the drive.
4th drive he did overthrow a receiver on 3rd down but a holding would have negated that anyways.
5th drive receiver fumbles after a catch.
last drive was the garbage time hail mary.
What are we putting on him here because the stats say "just 7 points"? Because watching him, he looked damn good.

I do agree under pressure, he's not running where you go "oh crap here he goes again", but more like "oh crap he's in trouble". But when he's putting the ball in players hands to win the game, that's what he needs to do.

I don't have every drive from every game memorized. Therefore, I can't dispute what you have said and I am not trying to do that. In the games I have seen AR play I have see a lot of mistakes that I am not used to seeing from him. Off target throws, holding on to the ball way too long, lack of urgency, etc.

I do realize he was injured however at the peak of his injury he was able to over come a huge defect in the 4th quarter against Chicago who has a pretty tough defense. That is the AR I am accustomed to seeing. I'm not comparing him to C.J. Bethard or Josh Rosen. I am comparing him to Aaron Rodgers.

Fast forward to the AZ game and he puts up 7 second half points. On the final drive, he was very nonchalant with clock management. When AR has 1:42 on the clock with a TO, you need to get your team closer than a 49 yard FG attempt. Yes his kicker did miss, and yes other players on the team made mistakes, but there was several seconds wasted that would have given him a chance to get closer for Crosby. He was 3-14 on third down. That was not because of 11 drops on perfectly thrown AR balls. Does Rodgers need perfection from his team at all times to beat a team like AZ?

Again he is one of the best in the business. I am not disputing that. But with that comes certain expectations. He is playing below those expectations this year. That is my entire point. Nothing more. Is that really a stretch? I'm not putting it all on him. We all know their are other problems. However, the thread title asks if he is part of the problem. I think he is.

I didn't even get into his off the field attitude which is obviously affecting the team and that would also make him "part of the problem"

https://nypost.com/2018/12/04/aaron-rodgers-a-prima-donna-for-coachs-firing-packers-great/
Pick Six Podcast: What's wrong with Aaron Rodgers? Week 13 picks against the spread
Packers hit rock bottom: 4 takeaways from 20-17 loss to Cardinals

This one talks about how he is one of the most sacked QB's, but he has more time to throw the ball than other QB's who have taken sacks. Why? Because he holds on to the ball too long.
Sacks Are Keeping the Packers Down

Last edited:

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have every drive from every game memorized. Therefore, I can't dispute what you have said and I am not trying to do that. In the games I have seen AR play I have see a lot of mistakes that I am not used to seeing from him. Off target throws, holding on to the ball way too long, lack of urgency, etc.

I do realize he was injured however at the peak of his injury he was able to over come a huge defect in the 4th quarter against Chicago who has a pretty tough defense. That is the AR I am accustomed to seeing. I'm not comparing him to C.J. Bethard or Josh Rosen. I am comparing him to Aaron Rodgers.

Fast forward to the AZ game and he puts up 7 second half points. On the final drive, he was very nonchalant with clock management. When AR has 1:42 on the clock with a TO, you need to get your team closer than a 49 yard FG attempt. Yes his kicker did miss, and yes other players on the team made mistakes, but there was several seconds wasted that would have given him a chance to get closer for Crosby. He was 3-14 on third down. That was not because of 11 drops on perfectly thrown AR balls. Does Rodgers need perfection from his team at all times to beat a team like AZ?

Again he is one of the best in the business. I am not disputing that. But with that comes certain expectations. He is playing below those expectations this year. That is my entire point. Nothing more. Is that really a stretch? I'm not putting it all on him. We all know their are other problems. However, the thread title asks if he is part of the problem. I think he is.

I didn't even get into his off the field attitude which is obviously affecting the team and that would also make him "part of the problem"

https://nypost.com/2018/12/04/aaron-rodgers-a-prima-donna-for-coachs-firing-packers-great/
Pick Six Podcast: What's wrong with Aaron Rodgers? Week 13 picks against the spread
Packers hit rock bottom: 4 takeaways from 20-17 loss to Cardinals

This one talks about how he is one of the most sacked QB's, but he has more time to throw the ball than other QB's who have taken sacks. Why? Because he holds on to the ball too long.
Sacks Are Keeping the Packers Down

He does onto the ball for a long time. Take 2015. 2.75 seconds to throw. 4th longest in the NFL. 2.73 in 2016. 2.71 this year. That's part of his game. Big reward for big risks. This year I don't think he has the mobility to make that worth it, nor does he have the scheme or slot/3rd down backs to play checkdown.

And yeah, I agree, 3-14 sucks. two were runs (yes they playcalled a run on 3rd and 10 that went for 0 yards in the first quarter). 1 was 3rd and 21 due to a penalty, and one was the final shot of the game before the FG. And we are now right at the average rate (3-10). And had two 3rd and shorts go 3rd and long with large losses when runniing on 2nd down, another 3rd and short go 3rd and long with a penalty on 2nd down. and two other 3rd downs were converted on 4th down to keep the chains moving. Not great for sure.

Does he need perfection? No, but forward movement rather than backwards by his team would surely help. He'll look a lot better with more 3rd and 4's and fewer 3rd and 13s.

I guess that anything short of perfection makes a player part of the issue. So is he part of the issue? yes. Is he the best playing player on the packers in 2018? yes. (debatable with Bakhtari and Clark).

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having a top 10 D for a decade is nothing to sneeze at. Many teams would love to have that. Especially with their QB and other offensive players taking up so much capitol.

Agreed...which decade did they do it?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
201 more passing yards is not turning your 4-7-1 campaign into a winning one. I'm sorry to say...
Of course they would. Those are game/drive changing stats don't you know:rolleyes2:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exact response I would expect from someone who is clinging to a silly argument.

If you would have read - you would see my high praise for Rodgers as the GOAT. Which I still believe.

Minus the Rodgers GOAT thing your post was spot on.

I'd bet dollars to doughnuts Derski read your post word for word.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You imagined wrong. Why are you Pats fans so bitter towards Rodgers? I guess you hate the thought that most folks rate Rodgers as a more talented QB than your heartthrob Brady.

I can't speak for what other fans may or may not think? Nor where you come up with that claim of "most"?

But I can say without a doubt I'll take 5 SB wins to 1 any day. There is no question in any fans mind of that I'm sure unless they like losing:noidea:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drops are typically open recievers that drop the ball. Hail Mary’s don’t really fall into that category.

Are you sure? Link. I'll wait.

Regardless even if mine was a poor example your claim is asinine and it's not just NE fans. Just give it up and tell everyone you had a long moment of stupid.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drops are typically open recievers that drop the ball. Hail Mary’s don’t really fall into that category.

Are you sure? Link. I'll wait.

Regardless even if mine was a poor example your claim is asinine and it's not just NE fans. Just give it up and tell everyone you had a long moment of stupid.

Not a top 10 D, but a D occasionally (as in once) sniffing the top 10 this decade. Since their SB in 2010 they ranked 11th in points allowed once. That's been their high mark. Since Rodgers took over they are 3rd worst in playoff points per game allowed. Not "many teams would love to have that".

and that capital....

From 2011-2016 they ranked 5th, 4th, 9th, 2nd, 6th and 6th in spending on defense. So that's where their capital was going. Offense never ranked in the top 13 in that time in spending. Offense though was 3rd in points scored over that period (defense was 20th).

2011 was also the last time they used a first round pick on an offensive player (last pick of the first rd on Sherrod). Damn that's been a while. Tebowmania was about to kick off in Denver and Suh/Bradford were coming off rookie of the year seasons when they last used the capital of a 1st round pick on offense. And 5 of the 8 years since then they've used their 2nd round pick on defense as well.

Take a breath speedy.

Occasionally isn't ONCE so let's start there.

Next points allowed is not the only D stat.

When did we jump into playoff points? Never mind I don't really care.

13th is top 1/3rd of the league I never said they were # 1.

Yes they made some bad picks and signed some terrible defensive deals.

Not sure how much when/where they selected their last offensive pick matters? GB occasionally (more then once) select late in the first and second. By then it's usually a pick for need. They've had a good offense so why draft a late first rounder there?

For all the Rodgers apologists out there why don't we just all agree if GB had the #1 Offensive players and the #1 Defensive players, a better coach and GM, easier strength of schedule, less injures or perceived injuries, more SB victories, WRs not dropping air yards or whatever the fuck they are, he'd be the unquestionable GOAT.

Did I miss anything?

Did I just see AR limping? Never mind he completed a pass. No more sign of that limp.

It's too funny haters come one here and call Brady brittle. AR is the Teflon Don of the NFL.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. NWPatsFan is really melting down. Jeez

THUNDER

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers legacy is the same as Trent Dilfers....they each have 1 S.B. win.......:nod:

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry kid, that is bullshit.

Great QB's make the players around them better and not vice-versa. Rodgers has had some very talented players lined up next to him over the years and he has squandered all that talent away.
You really are misinformed if you think Rodgers has had lots of talent around him in recent seasons. Stick to political commentary as you don't know squat about NFL football outside of your bubble in New England.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't speak for what other fans may or may not think? Nor where you come up with that claim of "most"?

But I can say without a doubt I'll take 5 SB wins to 1 any day. There is no question in any fans mind of that I'm sure unless they like losing:noidea:
The Patriots are fortunate to have Belichick as HC.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really are misinformed if you think Rodgers has had lots of talent around him in recent seasons. Stick to political commentary as you don't know squat about NFL football outside of your bubble in New England.

I've forgotten more about football than you'll ever know.

Rodgers is wildly over-rated and fanboys like you eat it up. He has as many SB titles as Mark Rypien, Trent Dilfer, Doug Williams, Joe Theisman and a few others. Let that sink in.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've forgotten more about football than you'll ever know.
Don't pat yourself on the back too hard Rex or you might hurt yourself. I repeat that you don't know much about NFL football outside of your bubble in New England. Sorry if the truth hurts.