• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A.L. Central Discussion 2016

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rick Porcello out in front for CYA. ERA is better, 22 wins. WHIP is real good. JV's HRs hurt his chances. He might get a first place vote or two. Ex Tiger should get it and Dombrowski will be laughing.

JV just caught Ricky in ERA and WHIP. He'll probably lead the league in Ks also. So he's definitely back in the discussion. Those 22 wins will probably be the difference, though.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JV just caught Ricky in ERA and WHIP. He'll probably lead the league in Ks also. So he's definitely back in the discussion. Those 22 wins will probably be the difference, though.

The 22 wins should make a difference.No one has had that phenomenal of a season to earn a Cy Young except Zach Britton. Porcello would be my 2nd pick.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doug...John Cooper has not been the OSU coach since 2000!!!! That is THREE head coaches ago. Don't you understand that you are embarrassing the Wolverines and yourself by admitting that you have to go back 16 (SIXTEEN!!) years to show any kind of dominace over the Buckeyes. Damn, you are dumb. Just shut up about the Um/OSU football history...the Wolverines have been on the short side of it for a long time.
I do remember when the Michigan/OSU game was really fun and hyped and the outcome wasnt determined before it even started.

Besides the year with Luke Fickle as head coach- when is the last time the Bucks actually lost to Michigan? Like earlier on in the Tressell era? I cant even remember off the top of my head. I am a little more concerned this year than most years after the Buckeyes sent one of the most prolific draft classes in college football history to the NFL- but by the end of the season the young guys should have some solid experience.--- and Barrett looks unstoppable right now.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could never vote for a guy that throws well under 100 innings.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do remember when the Michigan/OSU game was really fun and hyped and the outcome wasnt determined before it even started.

Besides the year with Luke Fickle as head coach- when is the last time the Bucks actually lost to Michigan? Like earlier on in the Tressell era? I cant even remember off the top of my head. I am a little more concerned this year than most years after the Buckeyes sent one of the most prolific draft classes in college football history to the NFL- but by the end of the season the young guys should have some solid experience.--- and Barrett looks unstoppable right now.

The Wisconsin/UM game will tell us a good deal about the Wolverines. Harbaugh and the Booger Boys will continue to have home field...so I'd give them an edge. But we'll see how they handle a Top Ten team. A positive point for Michigan was the Colorado game. Jimbo Khaki pants and his coaches were outcoached by Colorado for a quarter and a half. I don't think he'll let that happen again. Doug and I were seeing a 7-0 record before they get to MSU. We will see.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly thought Tito was just saving his slim CYA chances.

That sucks he's actually hurt.

Does suck. C'est la vie.

It'll be interesting to see how they CY voting goes. Do voters value wins over strikeouts? Or do they avoid the whole dilemma and go with a closer?

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They announce they pulled Kluber due to "groin strain" during the game. During the clinching celebration in Comerica Park, a reporter asked Kluber about it, and his answer about it didn't leave me feeling real confident.

Games one and two of the ALDS occur 8 and 9 days from today. Game three is 11 days away.

Indians could potentially be throwing Bauer and Tomlin out for games one and two. That's a cold shot, baby.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does suck. C'est la vie.

It'll be interesting to see how they CY voting goes. Do voters value wins over strikeouts? Or do they avoid the whole dilemma and go with a closer?
Statistically no one has had a great season, except Zach Britton. Good seasons, yes great seasons, no. My 2nd pick would be Rick Porcello ... I probably over emphasize Wins and Loses. Of course, I would like to see Verlander get it, but Kluber is just as worthy.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They announce they pulled Kluber due to "groin strain" during the game. During the clinching celebration in Comerica Park, a reporter asked Kluber about it, and his answer about it didn't leave me feeling real confident.

Games one and two of the ALDS occur 8 and 9 days from today. Game three is 11 days away.

Indians could potentially be throwing Bauer and Tomlin out for games one and two. That's a cold shot, baby.

Hopefully just minor. Seven days could mean he may be ready for the playoffs from the beginning. Should the Tigers end up playing the Indians, I would love to see them beat a healthy Cleveland team.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Statistically no one has had a great season, except Zach Britton. Good seasons, yes great seasons, no. My 2nd pick would be Rick Porcello ... I probably over emphasize Wins and Loses. Of course, I would like to see Verlander get it, but Kluber is just as worthy.

Reasonable.

Verlander is right in there. I wonder if he'll get another start.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ned has a good point. "In his field" Britton is way ahead of anyone and his season is "something special". Kluber, Porcello, Verlander, etc are having good but not "special" years. Britton's Extra-ordinary season vs Porcello's wins????

Last edited:

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm also hoping Tito throws out another AAA/AAAA lineup tonite so Fulmer puts the final nail in his ROY award and maybe wins the ERA title.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully just minor. Seven days could mean he may be ready for the playoffs from the beginning. Should the Tigers end up playing the Indians, I would love to see them beat a healthy Cleveland team.
a healthy Indians club? Carrasco, Salazar and Brantley (and I know you dont think much of Salazar)- at least Carrasco and Brantley are 2 of the better players in the American League.

The Cavs won the title last year and lost the year before- a lot due to luck. 2 years ago they had a ton of injuriees. This year they were healthy. Unfortunately you need a little bit of luck to win a title. Thus far- the Indians have had some pretty shitty luck injury wise and it really bums me out because if healthy I really think this team could win it. As is- they have a great bullpen, a great manager- but we just dont know beyond that.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Saw a stat on the TV screen during yesterday's Tiger game that surprised me ... Verlander is one of only four AL pitchers in history aged 33 or older to post 235+ strikeouts in a season. Nolan Ryan, Roger Clemens and Gaylord Perry are the others.