• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A.L. Central Discussion 2016

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the problem with the indians is they have one of the shittiest lineups in the AL. They have great pitching and absolutely no hitting outside of 1 or 2 guys.
id say its more than 1 or 2 guys.

Kipnis is among the best hitting 2b in all of baseball- at LEAST top 5 if not better
Brantley is among the best hitting LF i nall of baseball- at LEAST top 5 if not better
Lindor is among the best hitting SS in all of baseball- at LEAST top 5 if not better
Gomes had a bad injury plagued season last year- but i dont think his silver slugger and amazing year the previous year were a fluke- is he a top 5 hitting catcher? maybe not-

but he is at least top 10...Santana is a dissapointment as i thought he was better than he has been playing the last couple years but its not like hes hopeless-

after that- it gets rough pretty quick- but at least the guys who cant hit are absolute elite defenders like Urshela at 3b and Chiz in RF....

they need Zimmer and Frazier to be impact bats once the come up

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Indians to have a solid year.. I think they are the team to beat in the AL as of right now... but they need to add a few bats at some point if they want to do anything serious...

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the problem with the indians is they have one of the shittiest lineups in the AL. They have great pitching and absolutely no hitting outside of 1 or 2 guys.

They were actually pretty middle of the road offensively last year. With as good as their pitching staff was as their hitting being just under average, most would expect them to contend more than they did last year.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally think the Indians are the odds on favorite. Detroit has to wonder about some of their more important players over 30, the Royals have nothing that could be considered more than a ducttape rotation. Twins may very well be too young to win the division. Would be very believable that Cleveland wins 90 games with the rotation they have.
Lindor is goingt o be a huge factor as well- the Indians basically threw away HUNDREDS of at bats on Jose Ramirez before giving Lindor a shot- and Lindor was nothing short of amazing on both defense and offense....he is immediately one of the most important players in the division....

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were actually pretty middle of the road offensively last year. With as good as their pitching staff was as their hitting being just under average, most would expect them to contend more than they did last year.
Which is exactly what i just said...

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lindor is goingt o be a huge factor as well- the Indians basically threw away HUNDREDS of at bats on Jose Ramirez before giving Lindor a shot- and Lindor was nothing short of amazing on both defense and offense....he is immediately one of the most important players in the division....
wow.. we got a homer indians fan here.. lol.. Lindor one of the most important players in the division? slow your roll there cowboy.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Indians to have a solid year.. I think they are the team to beat in the AL as of right now... but they need to add a few bats at some point if they want to do anything serious...

the Indians hitting was just beyond bad last season- just having COMPETENT hitting replacing Bourn and Swisher with Davis and Napoli should help a lot- let alone like i mentioned a full season of Lindor....

3rd base is really rough- i wanted Frazier bad- but am glad they held onto Frazier and Zimmer- thats the future.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow.. we got a homer indians fan here.. lol.. Lindor one of the most important players in the division? slow your roll there cowboy.
Eh, I could buy that. He's the biggest wild card in the whole division. Lot of people thought he was better than Correa last year and needs to avoid regression. May be the difference between the Indians sitting home and winning the division.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i actually think the Indians are in for a major up swing soon...after the Mets- no one has a better rotation or pitching depth:

Kluber
Carrasco
Salazar
Bauer
Tomlin
Anderson

we have one of the better closers in the league in Allen....and a pretty solid bullpen....

of course the offense will perpetually be the question....though, Indians do have a good catcher, 2b, ss, lf- in fact- those guys are either all star level or near it- Gomes, Kipnis, Lindor, Brantley.......Santana is ok...

they really need a 3rd basemen, and corner outfielders- the corner outfielders are coming- Zimmer and Frazier look to be as good as it gets.....Indians actually have 2-3 minor league pitchers with big time upside as well-- including Aiken- who WAS the #1 overall pick before he had tommy john and went back into the draft and was taken just inside the top 20...

You're talking about the team's performance.

He was talking about Cleveland's shitty fanbase taking the Rays' shitty fanbase's spot as the shittiest fanbase in MLB. It's possible.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Indians hitting was just beyond bad last season- just having COMPETENT hitting replacing Bourn and Swisher with Davis and Napoli should help a lot- let alone like i mentioned a full season of Lindor....

3rd base is really rough- i wanted Frazier bad- but am glad they held onto Frazier and Zimmer- thats the future.
rajai davis isn't hitting in front of miggy cabrera this year.. i wouldn't expect him to hit for average... seeing he is 35 this year and didn't really hit that well last year.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do you think its coincedence how the indians improved last year? did you see Lindor's short season stats? UNREAL. and its not like its a fluke outta nowhere- this kid is the real deal. I dont know if there is a guy in the central i would trade him for. From what I have seen- most publications already have him as the 2nd best SS in all of baseball after Correa

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do you think its coincedence how the indians improved last year? did you see Lindor's short season stats? UNREAL. and its not like its a fluke outta nowhere- this kid is the real deal. I dont know if there is a guy in the central i would trade him for. From what I have seen- most publications already have him as the 2nd best SS in all of baseball after Correa
lindor played well.. but the reason the indians made a run was because the pitching pulled their heads out of their asses.. not lindor.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally think the Indians are the odds on favorite. Detroit has to wonder about some of their more important players over 30, the Royals have nothing that could be considered more than a ducttape rotation. Twins may very well be too young to win the division. Would be very believable that Cleveland wins 90 games with the rotation they have.

Seriously, any of four teams could win the ALC, and the team I'm excluding is the Twins. I think their record at home last year, especially during one ridiculous stretch, was a bit of a fluke. They were minus-7 on the road. I figure them to be sub-.500 again.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vice...just stopped home for lunch. Can't DEBATE with you now. (Oh. I forgot you won't EVER do that! LOL)

I'll get back to you on that Fullmer thing.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, any of four teams could win the ALC, and the team I'm excluding is the Twins. I think their record at home last year, especially during one ridiculous stretch, was a bit of a fluke. They were minus-7 on the road. I figure them to be sub-.500 again.
1st half Twins were definitely a fluke. The team in the 2nd half, despite less success, was probably a lot more threatening with guys like Sano contributing. I was not too thrilled to see the Twins to end the year; surprised we swept them.