• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A.L. Central Discussion 2016

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jarrod Dyson is really that not bad of a starter if you account for his defense, baserunning and not completely useless offense against RHP. Been arguing this for years, but oh well.
dyson should not be starting on a team that wants to make the playoffs bro.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i actually think the two of us would get along splendidly in person... i have read your posts and mostly they are pretty funny... the fact you feel the need to try to defend your SportsHoopla ranking around me makes me feel good.

There's a SportsHoopla ranking?

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think the majority of the people on this site that are in the age bracket of 30-40 probably would get along pretty well having a few drinks watching a game...

No room for a cranky 53-year-old? :noidea:

At least I'd be younger than Iffy.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a SportsHoopla ranking?
seems there is.. guys like yourself and 4down20 seem to think they rank quite high and their posts are super intelligent.. its funny.. because to anyone that comes in that hasn't been around here forever is going to look at the majority of that faggots posts like he is a closet homo.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the last 15 starts were the healthiest he's been in over two seasons, yes, there's reason for optimism. He tried to pitch over a core injury all of 2014, which in hindsight, was a mistake.

I would agree. I think he'll be more productive in 2016 than he was in 2015. I wouldn't expect a full season of his Aug/Sept numbers, though.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, but we don't seem to have much of a choice. Not terrible is not exactly awesome for a team that wants to make the playoffs.
The Royals are going to need to make more in season moves if they want to make another deep run.. there just is no way they can hope to do anything with omar infante and dyson getting major at bats all year.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Entirely possible.
i actually think the Indians are in for a major up swing soon...after the Mets- no one has a better rotation or pitching depth:

Kluber
Carrasco
Salazar
Bauer
Tomlin
Anderson

we have one of the better closers in the league in Allen....and a pretty solid bullpen....

of course the offense will perpetually be the question....though, Indians do have a good catcher, 2b, ss, lf- in fact- those guys are either all star level or near it- Gomes, Kipnis, Lindor, Brantley.......Santana is ok...

they really need a 3rd basemen, and corner outfielders- the corner outfielders are coming- Zimmer and Frazier look to be as good as it gets.....Indians actually have 2-3 minor league pitchers with big time upside as well-- including Aiken- who WAS the #1 overall pick before he had tommy john and went back into the draft and was taken just inside the top 20...

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would agree. I think he'll be more productive in 2016 than he was in 2015. I wouldn't expect a full season of his Aug/Sept numbers, though.
Neither would I.. but would you really be that blown away if he had a sub 3 era in 2016? I wouldn't.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i actually think the Indians are in for a major up swing soon...after the Mets- no one has a better rotation or pitching depth:

Kluber
Carrasco
Salazar
Bauer
Tomlin
Anderson

we have one of the better closers in the league in Allen....and a pretty solid bullpen....

of course the offense will perpetually be the question....though, Indians do have a good catcher, 2b, ss, lf- in fact- those guys are either all star level or near it- Gomes, Kipnis, Lindor, Brantley.......Santana is ok...

they really need a 3rd basemen, and corner outfielders- the corner outfielders are coming- Zimmer and Frazier look to be as good as it gets.....Indians actually have 2-3 minor league pitchers with big time upside as well-- including Aiken- who WAS the #1 overall pick before he had tommy john and went back into the draft and was taken just inside the top 20...
the problem with the indians is they have one of the shittiest lineups in the AL. They have great pitching and absolutely no hitting outside of 1 or 2 guys.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That will be the question -- can they hit enough. I liked having Kipnis on my fantasy team last year, but sure would like to see him back to hitting double-digit homers. He's 28 -- supposedly in those prime years for a hitter -- so you'd like to think last year was a trend and not an aberration.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kluber
Carrasco
Salazar
Bauer
Tomlin
Anderson

I personally think the Indians are the odds on favorite. Detroit has to wonder about some of their more important players over 30, the Royals have nothing that could be considered more than a ducttape rotation. Twins may very well be too young to win the division. Would be very believable that Cleveland wins 90 games with the rotation they have.