• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A.L. Central Discussion 2016

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol... the popeyes bahama's bowl.... its not quite the godaddy bowl.. but a nice win non the less.

:pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound:

you're fucking comparing 2 lower tiered bowl games where one is located in the Bahama's and the other is located in MOBILE, ALABAMA. Have you been to Mobile, Alabama lately or even to Ladd Peebles Stadium and the area where it is located.

shiiiiiiiiit. please. stop it.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

you're fucking comparing 2 lower tiered bowl games where one is located in the Bahama's and the other is located in MOBILE, ALABAMA. Have you been to Mobile, Alabama lately or even to Ladd Peebles Stadium and the area where it is located.

you do realize i was joking right.. both bowls are shit. one is in a nicer location.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

you do realize i was joking right.. both bowls are shit. one is in a nicer location.

You two faggots should fill up the next twenty pages arguing about it.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a serious baseball point, all of these teams in the division hoping for playoffs have some pretty concerning flaws about them. Could implode, could end up being fine. I personally like Cleveland's hand more than the Royals, Tigers, and Twins, but we'll see. Don't see a team running away with the division like the Royals did last year at all.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a serious baseball point, all of these teams in the division hoping for playoffs have some pretty concerning flaws about them. Could implode, could end up being fine. I personally like Cleveland's hand more than the Royals, Tigers, and Twins, but we'll see. Don't see a team running away with the division like the Royals did last year at all.
Every team in the division has serious starting rotation flaws outside of Cleveland.. but Cleveland may have the worst offense in the division. Its going to be an interesting year.

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
70 degrees tomorrow in Knoxville. .i'am just 5 miles north of the Vols stadium. Back to michigan soon. Driving through ohio is the

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just an FYI Doug, they didn't used to lock Neyland Stadium up at night.

That was fun.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For clown @da55bums

The question: how can the Royals, owners of baseball’s third-smallest market and worst local television contract, afford a payroll close to $130 million including two new $70 million contracts?

The answer:

“We can’t.”

Their internal projections are that the club will lose money in 2016 without a postseason appearance, will make a profit with another deep playoff run, or will break even with something in between.

Read more here: The subtle changes that helped the small-money Royals spend big

The Royals are going to lose money if they don't make the playoffs this year... so how the hell are they going to afford the 170 mil on the books for next year?

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For clown @da55bums

The Royals are going to lose money if they don't make the playoffs this year... so how the hell are they going to afford the 170 mil on the books for next year?

You're operating under the assumption that a major league club is going to be forthright and honest when discussing profitability with the media. That's a fucking stupid assumption.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What ever they made in "earnings" the last few seasons they are going to burn if they don't make the playoffs.. which is a VERY real possibility. Long playoff runs take a toll on players health... you better hope that doesn't show up for the Royals.. because they don't have much of anything in the minors to fill holes with.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and like I said.. currently the opening day payroll is going to be between 160-170 mil next year depending on if they pick up options on guys like hochevar and medlen. they are fucked if they don't have another playoff run.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it gets me hard thinking about the day they have to trade hosmer... i really can't wait to see it... its going to happen.. just a matter of when.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now, the biggest reasons for the Royals’ success are the development and talents of their players, smart decisions by the front office, increased commitment from owner David Glass and the requisite good fortune of all championship clubs. Most of this has been covered.

MiamiVice "worst run franchise in sports" "they will never make the post season" 2015 World Series Champs

Damn, it still eats at you and always will.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and like I said.. currently the opening day payroll is going to be between 160-170 mil next year depending on if they pick up options on guys like hochevar and medlen. they are fucked if they don't have another playoff run.

They have a WS Ring, its all good