• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A.L. Central Discussion 2016

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it gets me hard thinking about the day they have to trade hosmer... i really can't wait to see it... its going to happen.. just a matter of when.

I laughed when Detroit had to trade Price, I know what you mean. Then let the big boys sign him in FA.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously this level of spending the Royals enjoy currently is unlikely to be sustained for any meaningful period of time; unless Glass just likes throwing around money in small media markets. If they cratered for instance, I'd be less than surprised to see Moore blow it up so the rebuild isn't from ground level as the last one (2004~) had to be.

On a somewhat offtopic note- the revenue sharing for streaming. Is actually equal for every team. Could be an interesting situation in 20 years or so.

Last edited:

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously this level of spending the Royals enjoy currently is unlikely to be sustained for any meaningful period of time; unless Glass just likes throwing around money in small media markets. If they cratered for instance, I'd be less than surprised to see Moore blow it up so the rebuild isn't from ground level as the last one (2004~) had to be.

On a somewhat offtopic note- the revenue sharing for streaming. Is actually equal for every team. Could be an interesting situation in 20 years or so.
or in a few months... i can't believe its equal. the mlb now has a deal where you can stream only the team you want to watch... wonder if that is shared equally.. i find it hard to believe that they would share that when nobody is paying $85 to stream ray's games... but I am sure there are millions of people doing so to stream cubs and yankees.

There is no way in hell the single team package should be shared across the board. That is not going to last long... then again.. there is a new CBA coming up soon and I am sure it will be figured out there.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The new MLB online subscription is going to a battle if it stays as is... when teams like KC, Tampa, and Oakland will only have a fraction of the online subscription market of a team like the Yankees or Red Sox.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I laughed when Detroit had to trade Price, I know what you mean. Then let the big boys sign him in FA.
I actually laughed when they did too... because it landed the tigers a huge package of young pitching like Daniel Norris who is a better young pitcher than anything the Royals currently have... and he is going to have 2 or 3 more decent years left before that contract looks like CC Sabathia's does now.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fact is this.. The Tigers have better under 25 talent than the Royals at this point (Norris/Castellans/McCann/Fulmer)
When the end of the line comes for the Royals.. you better be praying they didn't try to ride it til the wheels fall off.. because if they do... you are going to have a LONG time to wait to see another playoff game and any increase in attendance is going to go right back to the basement of the league.

The Royals need to trade Hosmer this year if it doesn't look like they are going to make another long run.. to maximize the return they will get for him and soften the landing. If they don't do this... its not going to be pretty because they will not be able to buy their way out of it like the Tigers can. It takes 3-4 years to rebuild the farm and even more to see real returns from it... If they don't get some real talent back in their upper minors they are going to be shit for a while.

I'm not going to lie... Just because I would enjoy seeing bums cry... I want to see the Royals not trade hosmer... make a trade at the deadline and give up even more prospects... then miss the playoffs and really fuck themselves.. the only thing that would make the 2016 better for me if that happens is if the Tigers win it all at the same time.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no way in hell the single team package should be shared across the board. That is not going to last long...

I wouldn't be so sure. MLB sells a fuckload more Yankees merchandise than they do Rays merchandise, yet the proceeds are split equally. I don't see why this would be much different, particularly given the fact that MLB has been highly praised for having the foresight to divide all MLBAM proceeds equally across teams.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually laughed when they did too... because it landed the tigers a huge package of young pitching like Daniel Norris who is a better young pitcher than anything the Royals currently have... and he is going to have 2 or 3 more decent years left before that contract looks like CC Sabathia's does now.

Yes, Daniel Norris is better to have than David Price. Got it, at least your consistant, someone leaves the Tigers-they suck, they come to the Tigers- their awsome. Comparing Price to Safathia makes sense as well, at least is suits your point.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comparing Price to Safathia makes sense as well, at least is suits your point.

Obviously, if we're talking about 2016, I'd take Price, but I think he's got a ways to go before his career could match up to Sabathia's.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sabathia had a seven year run, from 2006-2012, where he averaged almost 230 regular season innings with a 140 ERA+. That's sick right there.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be so sure. MLB sells a fuckload more Yankees merchandise than they do Rays merchandise, yet the proceeds are split equally. I don't see why this would be much different, particularly given the fact that MLB has been highly praised for having the foresight to divide all MLBAM proceeds equally across teams.
To be honest... I think its the way it should be. The game is better off if all TV revenue is spread equally.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey bums.. why didn't the Royals go after Price if he was such a value? With all the money they have to spend and all.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fact is this.. The Tigers have better under 25 talent than the Royals at this point (Norris/Castellans/McCann/Fulmer)
When the end of the line comes for the Royals.. you better be praying they didn't try to ride it til the wheels fall off.. because if they do... you are going to have a LONG time to wait to see another playoff game and any increase in attendance is going to go right back to the basement of the league.

The Royals need to trade Hosmer this year if it doesn't look like they are going to make another long run.. to maximize the return they will get for him and soften the landing. If they don't do this... its not going to be pretty because they will not be able to buy their way out of it like the Tigers can. It takes 3-4 years to rebuild the farm and even more to see real returns from it... If they don't get some real talent back in their upper minors they are going to be shit for a while.

I'm not going to lie... Just because I would enjoy seeing bums cry... I want to see the Royals not trade hosmer... make a trade at the deadline and give up even more prospects... then miss the playoffs and really fuck themselves.. the only thing that would make the 2016 better for me if that happens is if the Tigers win it all at the same time.

How upset were you 2 years ago when the royals made the post season and went to the WS? Then when they walked right through to a WS win? It obviously is still painfull for you and definitely will never go away if Verlander and Miggy never gets a ring in Detroit. Your still crying, its pretty funny actually.

McCann better than Sal, lol, Castellanos better than Moose, Norris better than Ventura....what because they are on the Tigers? Got it, yes all their minor league numbers SCREAM it, lol. Got it, your a homer, congrats, the last place tigers have the best players on the planet, good for you.

2015 World Series Champs - you obviously don't get it, whatever happens now isn't that big of deal except to you, well the Royals made you look like you have no baseball knowledge for years, if they make another run or two, great, if not, great too.

Royals trading hosmer in 2016 - pure baseball genius there, see pre season 2015, 2014, 2013 for more quality stuff.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest... I think its the way it should be. The game is better off if all TV revenue is spread equally.

I just wish there was a way to get the teams to spend more. It's my opinion that with all the extra revenue sharing, every single team could easily afford a payroll of around $100MM.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said under 25 talent idiot.. Perez is 25 and is going to be 26 this season, Moustakas is 27, Ventura is the only under 25 talent the Royals have on their roster... then again.. i don't expect you to know anyone's ages.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just wish there was a way to get the teams to spend more. It's my opinion that with all the extra revenue sharing, every single team could easily afford a payroll of around $100MM.
They need to have a salary floor to go with the tax line.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

@da55bums How old is Perez and Moustakas? Who do the Royals have that is under 25 that doesn't suck asshole completely other than Ventura.. who only sucks asshole 40% of the time.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey bums.. why didn't the Royals go after Price if he was such a value? With all the money they have to spend and all.

Price couldn't win a Ring in Det, terrible post season pitcher, then lead the Tigers ship to a last place finish.

Royals won a Ring without him, what's he going to bring the stink from the Tigers clubhouse.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Price couldn't win a Ring in Det, terrible post season pitcher, then lead the Tigers ship to a last place finish.

Royals won a Ring without him, what's he going to bring the stink from the Tigers clubhouse.
hey dipshit.. lets talk Royals under 25 talent... do you even know what that means?