• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A.L. Central Discussion 2016

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you have such a hardon for farm systems? It's not like the Tigers have a good farm. Glass houses, dude-guy, glass houses.
the point is.. the royals have a year left (2016) before they have to start selling off players. when they do this... they have nothing in the pipeline to replace them with. There is no way the Royals have everyone back next year with a 170 mil opening day payroll looming...

The Tigers may not have the strongest farm..but they at least have talent to bridge a gap and form a soft landing.. KC doesn't... at all... their second best positions prospect is bubba starling.. remember him... lol... can't wait to see what he does in the majors... maybe he can bat clean up behind mondesi.. hahahahahaha

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Royals are trying to go for it and are all in... They literally are doing nothing to stay relevant past 2017.... when the core of their team is going to be looking for long term 150 mil + contracts. Hosmer is probably in line for a Heywardesque 180 mil contract at least.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the point is.. the royals have a year left (2016) before they have to start selling off players. when they do this... they have nothing in the pipeline to replace them with. There is no way the Royals have everyone back next year with a 170 mil opening day payroll looming...

The Tigers may not have the strongest farm..but they at least have talent to bridge a gap and form a soft landing.. KC doesn't... at all... their second best positions prospect is bubba starling.. remember him... lol... can't wait to see what he does in the majors... maybe he can bat clean up behind mondesi.. hahahahahaha

All the rankings I've seen have the Tigers' farm in the bottom third. Bleacher Report has them 28th. Fangraphs at 25th.

The Royals won the World Series last year. The Tigers were arguably the shittiest team in the American League.
Watching you try to talk shit by berating the Royals farm, when the Tigers farm might be even shittier is funny as hell.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Royals are trying to go for it and are all in... They literally are doing nothing to stay relevant past 2017.... when the core of their team is going to be looking for long term 150 mil + contracts. Hosmer is probably in line for a Heywardesque 180 mil contract at least.

And what about the Tigers, who after 2017 the core of their team is going to be old and expensive as fuck?

Why do you think the Tigers went after it so hard this offseason? They're "all in" too because the window's closing.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the rankings I've seen have the Tigers' farm in the bottom third. Bleacher Report has them 28th. Fangraphs at 25th.

The Royals won the World Series last year. The Tigers were arguably the shittiest team in the American League.
Watching you try to talk shit by berating the Royals farm, when the Tigers farm might be even shittier is funny as hell.
the farm maybe in the bottom 3rd.. but the farm doesn't count players like Norris, Castellanos, McCann, and Boyd. Norris is only 22... Castellanos is only 23...

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And what about the Tigers, who after 2017 the core of their team is going to be old and expensive as fuck?

Why do you think the Tigers went after it so hard this offseason? They're "all in" too because the window's closing.
After 2017 the Tigers have a ton of payroll coming off their books.. and after 2018.. even MORE with Vmart and Anibal Sanchez contracts ending.. they will land softly... KC has nothing to land on.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the tigers went hard this offseason for multiple reasons.. next year's free agent crop is garbage... and the owner is 86 and wants to see a parade for the tigers before he kicks the bucket and doesn't care about money... he said it himself.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't be surprised to see the tigers add even more payroll if need be later in the year.. old man pizza is not scared to spend..

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the tigers owner literally could buy the royals owner and dress him up as his own personally helper monkey.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not even remotely going to have a debate about either bums or iffy. bums is a god damn moron and iffy is a troll that has the tigers listed as his favorite team when in reality he is the farthest thing from an actual tigers fan you will ever see.

Not even 24 hours after this DECLARATION by Vice - he is back DEBATING bums on some topic. He calls bums a "god damn moron", but Vice is right back debating him the very next day! Who is the real moron? And the subject matter is THE SAME: 1. KC Sucks! 2. The Tigers are Better! and 3. Bums gets called names!

Amazing

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the farm maybe in the bottom 3rd.. but the farm doesn't count players like Norris, Castellanos, McCann, and Boyd. Norris is only 22... Castellanos is only 23...

Who gives a fuck?

Daniel Norris had a 4+ ERA in the minors and is just a shade under 4 in the majors

Castellanos has a .708 OPS. That's below average.

McCann .681 OPS in about a season's worth of MLB at bats and not much better in the minors.

Boyd had a nice minors career, but he's gotten his dick kicked into the dirt so far in the majors. Sure, he's still young and 60 innings is a small sample, but a 7.5 ERA is damn unsightly.

I'm glad you're excited about these guys, but they're not game changers. At all.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AND...for the life of me...how can ANYONE respect anything Vice says concerning the Kansas City Royals??? This guy has been spouting about how awful this team was for the last 3+ years. And we all know the results. How can anyone takes ANYTHING he says seriously? He made a complete ass of himself on this site as well as other baseball sites. His opinions should mean nothing.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems to me bums is the only one that even remotely takes Vice seriously.

You are right! I have told him to just ignore him. If he sees a Vice post - relating to KC....bums should just post "KC Royals - World Champions" and ignore him.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AND...for the life of me...how can ANYONE respect anything Vice says concerning the Kansas City Royals??? This guy has been spouting about how awful this team was for the last 3+ years. And we all know the results. How can anyone takes ANYTHING he says seriously? He made a complete ass of himself on this site as well as other baseball sites. His opinions should mean nothing.
it makes me smile iffy telling me i make an ass of myself when this clown doesn't even know what a breaking ball is.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right! I have told him to just ignore him. If he sees a Vice post - relating to KC....bums should just post "KC Royals - World Champions" and ignore him.
that would be smarter than posting the stupid shit he does.. i will agree with that.