• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A.L. Central Discussion 2016

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snarky sarcasm aside, Avila signed Pelfrey WAAYYYY too early in the hot stove season, which is a point Vice made as well.
Pelfrey is trash... Kennedy is trash... I would rather neither be in my rotation.... but if I had to chose which trash I was going to have... Pelfrey at 2 yrs 16 mil or Kennedy at 5 yrs 70 mil.... I am taking Pelfrey... Sorry. Its like picking which turd sandwich you want to eat.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why pay more for a turd sandwich... they both are going to taste like shit... or pizza from breadreaux...

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pelfrey at 2 yrs 16 mil or Kennedy at 5 yrs 70 mil.... I am taking Pelfrey... Sorry. Its like picking which turd sandwich you want to eat.

LOL, too true. And I agree on the contracts. I doubt Kennedy has the kind of seasons that will make him want to opt out of Years 3, 4 and 5 and test the FA market again.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am pretty sure that I read a review about Breadreaux Pizza in Parkville that said their sandwiches tasted like turds...

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, too true. And I agree on the contracts. I doubt Kennedy has the kind of seasons that will make him want to opt out of Years 3, 4 and 5 and test the FA market again.
Not only will he have to have really good seasons to secure more than a 3 year 49 mil deal at the age of 33... but he would have to find someone that wants to pay 16+ mil for a guy that is well past his prime. There is no way he opts out. It would take him having all star level seasons both this year and next to beat what he would be making because of how back loaded it is.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted it in my status, but since this is the AL Central thread, I figured I'd put it here too.

Jim Thome was on my flight from Chicago to Cleveland yesterday. I was surprised to see a guy who's made north of $150MM in his career flying on Southwest.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim Thome was on my flight from Chicago to Cleveland yesterday. I was surprised to see a guy who's made north of $150MM in his career flying on Southwest.

LOL, yes, Southwest BLOWS.

Loved Thome. Great patience at the plate, and 600+ legitimate home runs. As Rod Allen would say, "He's COUNTRY STRONG."

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, yes, Southwest BLOWS.

Eh, I wouldn't go that far. Years ago I refused to fly on it, but a while ago, I was in a position where I had to, and it wasn't that bad. The planes are actually well kept now and they've refined the whole boarding deal to make it significantly less annoying.

I'm still partial to United/Continental, but I don't mind Southwest anymore. I was just surprised because if I'd made as much scratch as Thome, I'd probably fly first class, or maybe even do that netjet deal.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, I wouldn't go that far. Years ago I refused to fly on it, but a while ago, I was in a position where I had to, and it wasn't that bad. The planes are actually well kept now and they've refined the whole boarding deal to make it significantly less annoying.

I'm still partial to United/Continental, but I don't mind Southwest anymore. I was just surprised because if I'd made as much scratch as Thome, I'd probably fly first class, or maybe even do that netjet deal.
I would take South West 1000000 times before spirit... spirit is the worst ran piece of shit ever. how they are still in business boggles my mind.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i try to fly american or jet blue.. jet blue is a nice option when you can get it. flew a couple times recently with a small airline called allegiant air because they flew direct flights to grand rapids mi.... not to bad and was super cheap.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take South West 1000000 times before spirit... spirit is the worst ran piece of shit ever. how they are still in business boggles my mind.

I've never even tried it. In fact, this recent trip was to Orlando, and when I booked the travel, Spirit was literally less than half the cost of the other airlines, but I didn't give them a chance. It might make me stupid, but when I see one thing significantly less expensive than its competitors, I assume it's a piece of shit.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I fly for work a LOT, but mostly Delta, as Detroit is a hub. Delta Gold status and creeping up on Platinum.

I haven't flown Southwest or Spirit in years. Hated the boarding process on SW (glad to hear they've retooled that), and I'm convinced both airlines keep fares low by adding two extra rows of seats in coach. I'm 6 ft. 3 in, and my knees were damn near up under my chin the last time I flew SW.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i try to fly american or jet blue.. jet blue is a nice option when you can get it. flew a couple times recently with a small airline called allegiant air because they flew direct flights to grand rapids mi.... not to bad and was super cheap.

I was in Grand Rapids last week. Brighton, East Lansing, Muskingum too.

Continental used to have a hub in Cleveland, so they had a lot of flights. I got used to them and have racked up all my frequent flyer miles there, so I tend to stick with them unless there are much better priced or timed options available.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never even tried it. In fact, this recent trip was to Orlando, and when I booked the travel, Spirit was literally less than half the cost of the other airlines, but I didn't give them a chance. It might make me stupid, but when I see one thing significantly less expensive than its competitors, I assume it's a piece of shit.
it is a total piece of shit.. they charge you for carry on luggage.. so the price you see isn't real.. you end up paying nearly the same thing if you have a carry on and check a bag.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fly for work a LOT, but mostly Delta, as Detroit is a hub. Delta Gold status and creeping up on Platinum.

I haven't flown Southwest or Spirit in years. Hated the boarding process on SW (glad to hear they've retooled that), and I'm convinced both airlines keep fares low by adding two extra rows of seats in coach. I'm 6 ft. 3 in, and my knees were damn near up under my chin the last time I flew SW.
spirit makes south west's leg room feel like you are in first class.... there is nothing good about spirit... anyone that uses them once will tell you.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I haven't noticed much of a difference in space, but I'm only 5'11".

The boarding isn't bad - you can buy "early bird check in" or some such shit that makes you one of the first 20 on the plane. I don't do that, though - I just check in exactly 24 hours (simple on the SW app), and I can always find a window or isle seat.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it is a total piece of shit.. they charge you for carry on luggage.. so the price you see isn't real.. you end up paying nearly the same thing if you have a carry on and check a bag.

What?!? So they'd charge me for my briefcase? What about broads' purses?

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What?!? So they'd charge me for my briefcase? What about broads' purses?
it has to be a certain size... i think most brief cases and purses make it through.. but a regular size carry on or gym bag they charge like $25-$50
Optional Services

its a joke.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
spirit makes south west's leg room feel like you are in first class.... there is nothing good about spirit... anyone that uses them once will tell you.

Got stuck taking a Spirit flight back from somewhere once, as I had a cancellation and they were the only option with seats left. Yes, much lower price, but they wanted like $75-$100 to CARRY ON a suitcase. And I had to sit for two hours basically in a fetal position because of the minimal leg room.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got stuck taking a Spirit flight back from somewhere once, as I had a cancellation and they were the only option with seats left. Yes, much lower price, but they wanted like $75-$100 to CARRY ON a suitcase. And I had to sit for two hours basically in a fetal position because of the minimal leg room.
i once got stuck using them and they went on strike literally while i was in the waiting area.. they had already taken my bags and everything... it was a total cluster fuck... really poorly ran company.