• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A.L. Central Discussion 2016

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what don't want to brag about sleeping with all the women anymore?

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i do take pleasure in exposing you as a complete buffoon... not going to lie. ''everyone that knows me that knows i post on this site'' tells me i should be ashamed of myself picking on a man that clearly is very "simple". i just can't help myself. i feel like you deserve everything you get.

Now THAT is a bald face lie coming from a man with an "Internet Life". No one knows you post here Vice. No sane man (who claims to be as great as you claim you are) would tell any friend he posts pictures of pizza dicks to other men on a sports site. You have no friends, except those in your mind. (And maybe doug - and I wonder if he is real?)

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now THAT is a bald face lie coming from a man with an "Internet Life". No one knows you post here Vice. No sane man (who claims to be as great as you claim you are) would tell any friend he posts pictures of pizza dicks to other men on a sports site. You have no friends, except those in your mind. (And maybe doug - and I wonder if he is real?)
iffy isn't midnight past your bedtime?

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol @ Mike Pelfry being better than just about anyone.

Can't argue there. The big thing Kennedy will have over Pelfrey, even if their ERAs are the same, is eating innings. That's my biggest issue with Pelfrey. He gets knocked out before the 6th inning too much, taxing the bullpen. You can handle a 4.50 ERA starter in the #5 spot if he gets you 6+ innings in 2 of 3 starts. Pelfrey is more like 1 of 3.

As I said, that doesn't make Kennedy worth $14 mill per season, but he will be more valuable to the Royals than Pelfrey is to the Tigers, IMO.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't argue there. The big thing Kennedy will have over Pelfrey, even if their ERAs are the same, is eating innings. That's my biggest issue with Pelfrey. He gets knocked out before the 6th inning too much, taxing the bullpen. You can handle a 4.50 ERA starter in the #5 spot if he gets you 6+ innings in 2 of 3 starts. Pelfrey is more like 1 of 3.

As I said, that doesn't make Kennedy worth $14 mill per season, but he will be more valuable to the Royals than Pelfrey is to the Tigers, IMO.

Sometimes I think teams sign these lower end free agents without thinking things through. Its like they have money burning a hole in their pocket and they just have to ''buy'' something. Concerning Pelfry, it seems like Avila was at a garage sale and felt he just had to buy something, so he bought a beat up old pitcher without even bargaining the price down very far. Oh well, maybe they can fix him up and resell him in the Tiger garage sale this summer.

Vice....you never did answer why you said Pelfry was better than Kennedy in 2015. ?Just to piss off dabums?

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The way Kennedy's deal is worked.. he is only getting 7.5 mil this year... and like 13.5 next.... he can opt out.. or opt in to 3 years at 16.5 mil.... which is hilarous.. because there is no way that a 33 year old ian kennedy is turning down 3 yrs and 49 mil. Backloading the deal basically means that the Royals are going to be paying Gordon and Ian Kennedy about 36 mil a year between the two for their age 34-36 seasons.... lol

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes I think teams sign these lower end free agents without thinking things through. Its like they have money burning a hole in their pocket and they just have to ''buy'' something. Concerning Pelfry, it seems like Avila was at a garage sale and felt he just had to buy something, so he bought a beat up old pitcher without even bargaining the price down very far. Oh well, maybe they can fix him up and resell him in the Tiger garage sale this summer.

Vice....you never did answer why you said Pelfry was better than Kennedy in 2015. ?Just to piss off dabums?
LOL... Nice troll there.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iffy... Take a gander at Ian Kennedy's stats and Peflrey's... Pelfrey gave up 11 HR... Kennedy 31 HR... that alone is enough of a reason to say why he was better... but his ERA was lower as well...

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iffy... Take a gander at Ian Kennedy's stats and Peflrey's... Pelfrey gave up 11 HR... Kennedy 31 HR... that alone is enough of a reason to say why he was better... but his ERA was lower as well...

You just won't admit you are wrong. LOL. "That alone...." hahahahaha

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kennedy is hot garbage and is a backend starter on any decent team... I would love for you to explain how he is not a backend starter.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just won't admit you are wrong. LOL. "That alone...." hahahahaha
I am not wrong... Kennedy is not good. Neither is Pelfrey... Pelfrey got over paid at 2 yrs 16 mil..... Ian Kennedy is going to be making that in 1 year at the end of his contract.... lol... @ 5 yrs 70 mil for a guy with comparable numbers to mike pelfrey.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good lord.....work on your problems.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe you are even trying to continue this iffy... you look like a retard... being a diamondbacks fan you should know how bad kennedy sucks... what did the diamondbacks get when they traded his shit filled ass to san diego?

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good lord.....work on your problems.
lol... this coming from the guy that has the tigers listed as his favorite team.. yet he posts troll comments such as

Oh well, maybe they can fix him up and resell him in the Tiger garage sale this summer.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there isn't one person on this planet that is going to successfully argue that Ian Kennedy is a front line start that deserves a 70 mil contract...

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
take a look at mike leake's numbers... he just got a 5 yr 75 mil contract.. he is 3 years younger than kennedy and he has better numbers across the board... either KC has to over pay because nobody wanted to go there... or they are idiots.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Snarky sarcasm aside, Avila signed Pelfrey WAAYYYY too early in the hot stove season, which is a point Vice made as well.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When you look at Pelfrey's career ERA (4.52), career WHIP (1.482) and 2015 WHIP (1.476), I think the 0.02 difference in ERA between him and Kennedy is inconsequential, even given the NL-AL correction factor. Pelfrey's 4.26 ERA in 2015 was a matter of low home runs, yes, but also a bit of luck. He still put a shitload of guys on base. Further, he's averaged only a bit over 5 innings per start the last two seasons in Minnesota, which concerns me more.