• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A.L. Central Discussion 2016

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I'm pretty sure the Cubs don't like people who lie about being in the military either.

Yeah, but he also lies about being an adult, about being married, about being a super heavy boss.

He's none of these things. He's just a sad douche that likes to dish it out and can't take it.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but he also lies about being an adult, about being married, about being a super heavy boss.

He's none of these things. He's just a sad douche that likes to dish it out and can't take it.
so you want to continue this too... no interest in actual baseball talk?

its amazing how many all knowing internet psychics there are on this site... hammerdown should have a thread on here were these guys can tell needy people what is going on in their lives and help them navigating it... psychic hotlines make good money... could be a secondary revenue stream.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ethos is an appeal to ethics, and it is a means of convincing someone of the character or credibility of the persuader. Pathos is an appeal to emotion, and is a way of convincing an audience of an argument by creating an emotional response.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Total Wins could be close.

The Reds are gonna suck balls. And possibly the Brewers. But not as much balls.
The top 3 of the NL Central are going to be really good though.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see the Cards having an off year though.. they lost a lot. They don't really look that great to me... The Pirates and Cubs are going to be really good though.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saturday 2/20 – Vice

Started: 7:29AM Page 162

Ended: 8:50PM Page 193

Thirteen hours and twenty minutes. No major breaks! (All major businesses running smoothly. Wife serviced. Children cared for. Marine memorabilia shined. UM diploma on wall straightened. Check and complete!)

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody wan
Saturday 2/20 – Vice

Started: 7:29AM Page 162

Ended: 8:50PM Page 193

Thirteen hours and twenty minutes. No major breaks! (All major businesses running smoothly. Wife serviced. Children cared for. Marine memorabilia shined. UM diploma on wall straightened. Check and complete!)
I can see you are going to continue to focus on me as well instead of baseball... You would think you would have gotten tired of it by now... hmmm.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody wan

I can see you are going to continue to focus on me as well instead of baseball... You would think you would have gotten tired of it by now... hmmm.

Are you...winning? :dhd:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they should they crushed it last year as well.
I actually can the Pirates taking a small step back tbh.

And I'm not a fan of everything Cubbies. lousy defense could be an issue. And I'm not sure Arrieta can take enough PEDs to keep his fairy tale going.

Was a ridiculous top of the division last year for sure though.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see the Royals being able to go on another long run without a league average pitching rotation.
Nobody, including you, did the last 2 seasons they have done it either

Long playoff runs take a lot out of teams..
Royals had one of the longest playoff runs in history in 2014, they won the World Series in 2015. Have no idea why a long playoff run would affect the following season. Absolutely strange statement.

and they have serious flaws..
Royals 2016 team is almost identical to 2015 opening day team, Soria for Holland, Kennedy for Guthrie, Medlen for Vargas, Dyson/Orlando for Rios, Hochevar for Madson.

One injury to a guy like Hosmer or Wade Davis and the Royals are just as likely to end up in last in the division.
2015 - their closer Holland got injured, won World series as well as Rios and Gordon.

... and the dodgers are all overpaid players with no hunger to win.
Did you happen to notice how the Tigers and Red Sox finished last season

sure, lets get back to talking baseball (humor)

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you...winning? :dhd:
Are you winning? To anyone from the outside of all of us... it all looks the same.

In fact... it probably looks a lot like that Bellator fight between Kimbo Slice and some fat guy that eventually passed out from exhaustion.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mexican jokes = Bad

Pretending to be a Marine = Good ???????????????

You deserve to get punched in the mouth.
Some come and do it guy.

1060 Brickell Ave
Miami Fl 33131

When you get to the front desk just tell Alex you are there to see miamivice... I will come down.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bums... Long playoff runs burn players for the next season.. and when you combined them it only makes it worse. The Tigers 2013 run completely burned out Verlander and a handful of other pitchers on the team that logged a ton of innings from 2011-2013. Why do you think magically the entire team broke down in 2015? It started in 2014 and none of the players were totally healthy going into 2015. That isn't a secret or anything made up.

VMart, Verlander, Cabrera, Avila, and Sanchez all went into the season with some injury question marks or actual offseason surgery from 2014. Nathan and Soria both also had injures the prior year that didn't really have anything to do with extra playoff innings. The Royals core are younger and will respond better than the Tigers core did.. but there are still some guys that are obviously risks. There is NO WAY Sal Perez doesn't start breaking down.. unless he is a robot... you can only take so many fastballs off your face mask before you end up looking like Avila.

Playing an extra 15 or so games and throwing an extra 25-30 innings for a starter is not just something to ignore. Catchers and pitchers are the ones that feel it the most... and the Royals have 2 years in a row doing this.

You can disagree with me or agree with me.. but fact of the matter is this... Logging extra innings is wear and tear and it eventually shows up... it took 3 years to really cripple the Tigers... but don't be surprised if Sal Perez, Edison Volquez, Herrera, or Wade Davis end up on the DL by mid season.