• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 49ers vs Broncos

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't pass then run. Very excited for the season if we can run the ball effectively. In my opinion, we have a pretty good collection of running backs. I feel bad for Hunter though. He's not the same.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't pass then run. Very excited for the season if we can run the ball effectively. In my opinion, we have a pretty good collection of running backs. I feel bad for Hunter though. He's not the same.
yeah i agree. Hunter looks like the worst RB out of all them. I have a feeling he might be one of the RBs cut. More money saved for the 49ers.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our D looked very good against Denver and Dallas which figure to be 2 of the better offenses in the league. We have no passing game right now, but our running game looks very good. The good thing is Seattle, Arizona, and St Louis all look really bad on offense as well right now.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
yeah i agree. Hunter looks like the worst RB out of all them. I have a feeling he might be one of the RBs cut. More money saved for the 49ers.

Any savings from cutting Hunter would be minimal - particularly when you consider that he's effectively competing with Bush for a roster spot, and Bush is making $1.7 million more.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Our D looked very good against Denver and Dallas which figure to be 2 of the better offenses in the league. We have no passing game right now, but our running game looks very good. The good thing is Seattle, Arizona, and St Louis all look really bad on offense as well right now.

I can't agree that we looked very good against Denver. We did a nice job of keeping their first team out of the endzone, but they put up a lot of yards and converted third downs basically at will. With the way our offense is looking, that won't work....

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any savings from cutting Hunter would be minimal - particularly when you consider that he's effectively competing with Bush for a roster spot, and Bush is making $1.7 million more.

I don't see him competing with Bush. I feel Bush was our #2 RB no matter what. Hunter was competing with Hayne and Davis and both are beating him.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
still money saved.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah D looks like they will be good. Manning had trouble against our D and we actually had a pass rush. It was nice to see. I think overall D will be good but if the offense does what they just did the D will get tired in the 2nd half and we will lose a lot of games. manning threw the ball 21 time sin the 1st half and we only let up like 120 yards. That is really good.

This Oline is just really bad and I don't see how it can be fixed this year. At least they can run block so Hyde better be ready to carry the rock a lot.

Yes Bush is the #2 and it looks like Davis will take Hunters spot. I would be shocked if they kept him. He just looks slow and no side movement from him.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't see him competing with Bush. I feel Bush was our #2 RB no matter what. Hunter was competing with Hayne and Davis and both are beating him.

Probably, but if Hunter had shown really well and Bush had struggled, he had a chance to seize that passing downs role. He is basically competing with Hayne, and he may be SOL. It's too bad. If he hadn't suffered those two serious injuries, I think he would have been a nice player. Maybe he still will be, but it's looking less and less likely it will be for the Niners.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
still money saved.

Not really. We can only keep 53 men on the roster, so cutting guys outside that don't "save" us money unless they are more expensive than their replacement. Bush is more expensive, so keeping him over Hunter costs us money. Keeping Hayne over Hunter does save us some money, though.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably a bit of both. Cdumler over on the Broncos board said that their front has been pushing Dlineman around all preseason plus our line sux at pass blocking right now. Shouldn't matter who the competition is, the oline needs to pass protect better

All 3 teams we have played so far have struggled against the Broncos pass rush so I wouldn't worry too much. I think they have something like 15 sacks through 3 games. That is probably our strongest unit on the team.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If we can't handle the Broncos' front-seven - admittedly a seemingly very good group - I can't see us having much success against Seattle or St. Louis....

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. We can only keep 53 men on the roster, so cutting guys outside that don't "save" us money unless they are more expensive than their replacement. Bush is more expensive, so keeping him over Hunter costs us money. Keeping Hayne over Hunter does save us some money, though.
exactly. The battle isn't Bush vs Hunter its Haynes or Davis over Hunter. Both are better then Hunter at this point. Hunter makes more then both so yes it would save us a little money. Not much but little bit. Haynes would help us on special teams and Davis would take Hunter RB spot.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First round of cuts and Hunter isn't one of them.

I wouldn't expect them to cut him yet. He will likely get a lot of playing time in the next game to try and show enough to maybe make another team. Hyde and Bush likely play none of the next game and they've seen enough from Hayne and Davis.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A pathetic offensive performance the other nightbut tough to pin this one on Kaepernick. When you reach the end of your 5 step drop and find the defense already back there waiting for you its pretty tough.
Nice to see Bowman looking like the Bowman of old but sad to see that Hunter has lost his burst and looks painfully slow.
But geez, if you are counting on broken plays as the staple of your offense you are in big trouble.
Still, the team was leading the game midway through the 4th quarter

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far this preseason Kap is getting pressured on 55% of his drops. That is worst in the league