• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers the pick to come back to SB........

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when was the last time the losing team from the Superbowl made it the next year again?

I'm thinking Bills no?

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when was the last time the losing team from the Superbowl made it the next year again?

I'm thinking Bills no?

Yeah I think you're right - and I think the last team to lose and then win it the following year were the Dolphins in the 70's?

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
LOL Bingo and the never-ending hatorade on Cullyinthehouse! :laugh3:

lol. I hate that guy Yoshi. He caused me a "Chip. And I was warning folks about his tendencies wayyyy before the game to. Some sports writers had written the same, but yet it went ignored and it bit us in the buttocks big time.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. I hate that guy Yoshi. He caused me a "Chip. And I was warning folks about his tendencies wayyyy before the game to. Some sports writers had written the same, but yet it went ignored and it bit us in the buttocks big time.

Well, these stats that I believe Mac posted were compelling:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/01/28/signature-stats-first-downs-allowed-cornerbacks/

However, that's why stats don't tell the entire story. The SF Giants had a player named Jose Cruz, Jr. who was a stud during the Giants 2003 regular season run, but showed that he was incapable of being a player during key moments in the postseason during their NLDS loss to the Marlins.

Cully made some dumb comments, and then backed that up with an even poorer performance. If we do keep him and convert him into a FS, then he better focus on playing the game right. However, many of the bay area media think he played his last game as a Niner uniform last Sunday. For a franchise to have had the likes of Ronnie Lott, Eric Wright, Don Griffen, Tim McKyer, Deion Sanders, and Jimmy Johnson play for them, Culliver's antics and performance pales heavily when compared to these aforementioned players.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Unfortunately that rarely happens. Even very good teams need a bit of luck and to be injury-free to get to the Super Bowl. For that to happen two years in a row is not very likely. I think the 49ers will make the playoffs but I doubt they'll get back to the Super Bowl. As good as I expect Seattle to be next year, I would not be surprised to see the 49ers be an 11-win wild card team.