• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers OTAs / Training Camp

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L FML. Some players on other teams who went after him are starting to look pretty good right now. I wanted Terron Armstead. He could've been a blocking TE who can't catch too.
But Keenan Allen was there; Eddie Lacy, Aaron Dobson, Arthur Brown... :poke:

Keenan Allen would have been nice

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
:L FML. Some players on other teams who went after him are starting to look pretty good right now. I wanted Terron Armstead. He could've been a blocking TE who can't catch too.
But Keenan Allen was there; Eddie Lacy, Aaron Dobson, Arthur Brown... :poke:

Not going to jump to too much of a conclusion based on one practice, but we used a very high pick on a TE to get Vance. Reports are that Carrier has been playing well. Bruce Miller is a solid receiving threat and great blocker, and while I don't expect him to play much if at all this year, Trey Millard could fit the Swiss army knife role. McDonald is the best longterm answer at TE, and given Davis' antics, probably is not in danger of losing his roster spot. Still, he's got to get his head in the game sooner rather than later.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not going to jump to too much of a conclusion based on one practice, but we used a very high pick on a TE to get Vance. Reports are that Carrier has been playing well. Bruce Miller is a solid receiving threat and great blocker, and while I don't expect him to play much if at all this year, Trey Millard could fit the Swiss army knife role. McDonald is the best longterm answer at TE, and given Davis' antics, probably is not in danger of losing his roster spot. Still, he's got to get his head in the game sooner rather than later.

I really like Keenan Allen but have to wonder if he would have lanquished on this team last year

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I really like Keenan Allen but have to wonder if he would have lanquished on this team last year

If we hadn't moved up for Reid, Allen would definitely have been the guy I wanted with that extra third-round pick. I wouldn't have minded him at all in the late-second. I didn't love Allen in the short-term, as he's pretty similar to Boldin and Crabtree in terms of where and how he's dangerous. That said, I think he would have gotten some action over Williams and Manningham early in the season, and he would be our longterm answer for replacing Crabtree. We probably don't do the Stevie Johnson trade if we had Allen.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we hadn't moved up for Reid, Allen would definitely have been the guy I wanted with that extra third-round pick. I wouldn't have minded him at all in the late-second. I didn't love Allen in the short-term, as he's pretty similar to Boldin and Crabtree in terms of where and how he's dangerous. That said, I think he would have gotten some action over Williams and Manningham early in the season, and he would be our longterm answer for replacing Crabtree. We probably don't do the Stevie Johnson trade if we had Allen.

I picked him up last year in Fantasy Football and he did well for me.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I picked him up last year in Fantasy Football and he did well for me.

Yeah, me too. Got him, Josh Gordon, and Julius Thomas off waivers. Kind of made my season as I took RBs early and waited on WRs this year (and didn't take a TE until literally my last pick). I wanted to draft Gordon, but someone picked him a round before I was going to (I took Blackmon instead). That guy then cut Gordon the week before he came off the suspension. Really weird, especially as that guy is one of the better players in our league. But I rode those guys to the championship this year.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, me too. Got him, Josh Gordon, and Julius Thomas off waivers. Kind of made my season as I took RBs early and waited on WRs this year (and didn't take a TE until literally my last pick). I wanted to draft Gordon, but someone picked him a round before I was going to (I took Blackmon instead). That guy then cut Gordon the week before he came off the suspension. Really weird, especially as that guy is one of the better players in our league. But I rode those guys to the championship this year.

How/when did you get Thomas off waivers?

I also snagged Gordon when someone cut him. Good times.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
How/when did you get Thomas off waivers?

I also snagged Gordon when someone cut him. Good times.

After week one. I had the #1 or #2 claim. Now I just need to figure out who my keeper is if Gordon is out for the season. Frickin' stoner.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Great pickups. One of our guys also picked up Thomas off waivers also. Major score. Almost any offensive player from Denver was money last year. We had the seventh pick last year and the first six guys made a run on running backs so rather than take a 2nd tier RB with the first pick, we took AJ Green. AJ Green was up and down like the Cincy offense. Some weeks had a high point total, some weeks he hard hardly anything. We ended up taking a risk on MJD and that wasn't working so we picked up Knowshon Moreno off waivers the early part of the season and that worked out well. Our TE was Tony Gonzalez. Started out slow, then started doing well, but then started gettting doubled and even triple teamed when Julio Jones went down. Peyton Manning was money last year, but this year with Denver facing the NFC West, I expect a dropoff on their offensive fantasy players. We had a keeper one year, but our league decided to drop keepers.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Disappointing. We took a chance on him out of college. He signed the deal he's griping about.

I've got a feeling this could get ugly and he's a more important piece of that line than folks realize.

Ehh... I'm not worried about it. Boone doesn't exactly need rep's or that much practice. Of anyone on the team I'd pick to miss OTAs, Boone would be pretty high on the list. Staley, Vernon & Boldin would be up there too just for the offense.

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disappointing. We took a chance on him out of college. He signed the deal he's griping about.

I've got a feeling this could get ugly and he's a more important piece of that line than folks realize.

I agree. I think he is one of the most underrated linemen in the league.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Other than Davis and Boone no-showing, any other news from mini-camp?

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Harb's black sweatshirt and khakis show for mandatory minicamp? That's the big question.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Not really sure what to make of this from Maiocco:

The 49ers just concluded a 2-hour, 20-minute practice. I'm having a difficult time coming up with any highlights. Not a lot happening.