• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers OTAs / Training Camp

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I want him playing 2nd and 3rd down. Sub' for JSmith on 2nd down and sub' for RayMac on 3rd. Keep those starters fresh!

I'm hoping for a lot of subbing this season since the defenses that can keep up a constant rotation of d lineman seem to have a lot of success on defense.

The Giants made a killing in both their SB runs because they were able to rotate guys in and have guys still fresh to rush the QB at the end of the game.

If Tank can be constantly rotated in and Lemonier can rotate in for Aldon and Brooks our front 7 could have a pretty monster year this season.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't wait for Tank. He might turn into being the steel of the draft. This guy before getting injured thought he would be a top 10 pick. He would of wowed scouts at the combine.

Im so excited. He will start by year end. Raymac might lose his spot.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping for a lot of subbing this season

:laugh3:

I agree though, would be nice and probably stupid not too. DEs are getting old and the DL/puss rushing depth in general looks pretty legit.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh liked what he saw from A. Lynch. Our D is going to be scary soon.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want him playing 2nd and 3rd down. Sub' for JSmith on 2nd down and sub' for RayMac on 3rd. Keep those starters fresh!

If he proves to be better than RayMac by years end (which wouldn't surprise me) and Aaron Lynch shows anything at all (or Dial or even Okoye), then the Niners might want to think about trading RayMac in the offseason. Tons of teams would love to have him, and he's too good to be a backup IMO.

I think the more practical rotation would be every series Tank comes in for Cowboy or RayMac. IE 1st series it would be Cowboy & RayMac. 2nd series it would be RayMac & Tank. 3rd series it would be Cowboy & Tank etc etc. That way the starters are still getting their reps but they are also getting a ton a rest in between.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Harbaugh liked what he saw from A. Lynch. Our D is going to be scary soon.

When doesn't Harbaugh say he likes what he sees from a player? So in that regard I take whatever he says about any player with a grain of salt.

With that said though A. Lynch has talent it's just a matter of getting his head straight and molding that talent. And his type can go either way as sometimes they get if figured out and have 0 issues going forward and sometimes they just stay off the rails and crash.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Four surgeries.....yikes.

Last edited by a moderator:

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
When doesn't Harbaugh say he likes what he sees from a player? So in that regard I take whatever he says about any player with a grain of salt.

With that said though A. Lynch has talent it's just a matter of getting his head straight and molding that talent. And his type can go either way as sometimes they get if figured out and have 0 issues going forward and sometimes they just stay off the rails and crash.

can't help think he'll have a hard time getting his head straight soon enough? not he can't do it, but he doesn't have enough time to do it. he joined a pretty good roster to begin with, and everyone else is mentally prepared.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
So wasn't there a tweet or article or something saying Aaron Lynch would end up playing on the D-line? I could've sworn I read that.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a long, long shot right now I think but developing a relationship with him could be very beneficial down the road for the 49ers in my opinion if Whitfield ever wanted to make a slight career change.

I've heard a couple interviews with Whitfield- fascinating guy. I could listen to him talk for hours. Great move for Kaep's future IMO (and he's not going to hurt Gabbert either with his issues concerning moving around in a cluttered pocket).

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"Kaepernick had some well-placed fade throws in the right back corner of the end zone, but his accuracy was not sharp on some short back-shoulder throws."

Yay! More right back corner of the end zone plays! Just kidding, it's good we're practicing them as they are difficult to do and would have led to a SB victory and appearance if caught (though the SB was a hold).

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Grant Cohn on yesterday's practice. Apologies for posting him, but I'm pasting it so people don't have to click the link. I do think, for OTAs, he will sometimes post stuff that other beat writers don't.

THE GOOD

1. Colin Kaepernick — The passing game wasn’t clicking, but Kaepernick made three beautiful throws. First, he dropped back and looked to his right, then looked to his left and hit Brandon Lloyd in the middle of the field for a 15-yard gain. Next, Kaepernick threw a touchdown pass rolling to his right during a red-zone drill. Devon Wylie caught the pass in the back-right corner of the end zone. Finally — and this one was the prettiest pass of all — Kaepernick rolled to his left during a two-minute drill and threw a perfect pass against his body Bruce Ellington for a 10-yard gain.

2. Kendall Hunter — One of the most explosive players in practice so far this offseason. Everytime he touches the ball, he makes four or five jump-cuts, then he sprints downfield. He looks more explosive than I’ve ever seen him and I’ve covered his entire professional career.

3. Darryl Morris — Broke up a long pass intended for Bruce Ellington. Ellington ran deep, cut, then ran back toward the quarterback. He couldn’t shake Morris, who broke with Ellington and easily swatted away the pass.

4. Chris Cook — Broke up the final play of practice. The 49ers were doing a two-minute drill. Five seconds remained on the clock and the offense had the ball at the defense’s 21 yard line. Kaepernick dropped back and fired a pass to his left into the end zone. No receivers were there. Just Cook, who dropped the easy interception.

THE NOT-SO-GOOD

1. Vance McDonald — Dropped two passes. The first one he tipped into the hands of safety James McCray. The second one, McDonald was running deep across the field , Kaepernick threw it to him and he let the pass fall through his outstretched hands.

2. Chuck Jacobs — Dropped four passes. He started because Michael Crabtree, Stevie Johnson and Quinton Patton sat out team drills and Anquan Boldin did not attend practice.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Good to hear re: Hunter. I would really, really like to see him get more action. I think we have drastically underutilized him the past few years.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
1. Vance McDonald — Dropped two passes. The first one he tipped into the hands of safety James McCray. The second one, McDonald was running deep across the field , Kaepernick threw it to him and he let the pass fall through his outstretched hands.

:L FML. Some players on other teams who went after him are starting to look pretty good right now. I wanted Terron Armstead. He could've been a blocking TE who can't catch too.
But Keenan Allen was there; Eddie Lacy, Aaron Dobson, Arthur Brown... :poke:

Last edited by a moderator: