• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ERS MUST PAY UP

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone notice how Iupati dominated against Green Bay?

I don't know how you're going to replace that. He's head & shoulders better than anyone in the 2014 draft. It's not even close.

I think maybe tagging Crabby when he becomes a FA might be a good idea. Gives the team 1 more year to find a gem WR in the draft. I don't want to sign him long term. Unless you're a WR like Fitz or Megatron, long-term contract for upper-echelon WRs tend to become albatrosses. It usually doesn't work out.

I do agree and think we will tag Crabtree. Believe me id love to keep iupati but I feel the need for a WR will be more important. How many years can we keep talking about the WR position? The track record hasn't been very good lately and it would be nice to stick with a known like Crabtree. This could all change of course if he's asking for outrageous money.

I just think we could grab a better center and let a guy like iupati go. Staley, Davis and Boone are already making this line strong.

Who knows maybe we figure out a way to keep both though. I can dream right.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Did anyone notice how Iupati dominated against Green Bay?

No, I didnt and actually upon my inital viewing thought he played poorly. I actually thought he played the worse out of our lineman on my inital review of the game. He'll make some good plays and then make some terrible plays.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Also, here are PFFs ratings for the game

2jg1qbn.jpg

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kap, Aldon, and Crabtree are a must. Niners' offense struggled without Crabtree. Kap does have a very good rapport with Crabtree.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers will be about 10-11 million under the salary cap and if we cut Rogers, Dahl and Baldwin we could be like 21 million under the cap. I think we can use this money to keep Kaep, Crabs, Aldon and maybe resign Iupati.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iupati Aldon And Kaep are must keeps period. Boldin is really like to keep, Whitner and Crabs are keep for the right money. Crabs is replaceable if we get Landry, Beckham or even Lee in the draft and Maybe Ha Ha Dix falls to us. I have a feeling Crabs is going to want Megatron money Boldin and Beckham to me would be a winning combo.

Doesn't matter if Crabs is going to want Megatron money. There is no team that is going to come close to paying him what the top 3-5 WR's get. Right now he's almost worth Mike Wallace money. Crabs will be worth more if he has a big 2014 season but does he want to risk another big injury?

In any case I would rather have the 3rd round comp pick then pay a guard 7-8 mil a year.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crabtree is already on books to make 4.7 million in 2014. So how much do you think he is worth? Im fine with paying him around 8-9 million a year.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Crabtree is already on books to make 4.7 million in 2014. So how much do you think he is worth? Im fine with paying him around 8-9 million a year.

Santonio Holmes got about 10 million a year, and that was a few years ago. Harvin got like 12 million or so. Someone will pay Crabtree something in that range if he's an URFA.

And it's way too much IMO.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's what I would like to pay him but I think he would want Percy Harvin/Dwayne Bowe/Wallace money probably. Biggest thing is the guaranteed money. If Niners give 20mil guaranteed that will be a solid offer. Niners are very good about structuring contracts to still give them flexibility.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Santonio Holmes got about 10 million a year, and that was a few years ago. Harvin got like 12 million or so. Someone will pay Crabtree something in that range if he's an URFA.

And it's way too much IMO.

Unless he helps us win the SB I wouldnt pay him 10 million a year.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Keep in mind Crabby hasn't exactly been the picture of health, and he's already started to slow down. And 10 million a year is probably even a little low for him.

Iupati is in his prime, and he should be great for at least the next 5 years.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep in mind Crabby hasn't exactly been the picture of health, and he's already started to slow down. And 10 million a year is probably even a little low for him.

Iupati is in his prime, and he should be great for at least the next 5 years.

Iupati and Crabs are both in their prime.

Where's the proof that he's starting to slow down? He came off an Achilles injury to put up a 100 yard game in 0 degree weather.

The health concern is the only reason the Niners might be able to re-sign him for a little less money. If that happens great. If not then still worth re-signing.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
The health concern is the only reason the Niners might be able to re-sign him for a little less money.

Doubtful. Someone will offer him Vincent Jackson money IMO. I hope it isn't the Niners.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Crabtree is going easily going to get at least 10 million+ on the open market which is why I doubt we resign him.

Which makes the draft so critical because we need to add talent to the WR position in a hurry since we're down to Patton being our only young guy with promise and he's the type that's likely a great #3 good #2.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aldon, Crabtree, Iupati and Kaepernick should all be signed to a long term deal and in that order. The first three should be done this off-season, Kaep can wait until next off-season. We also have to figure out what to do with Whitner who is obviously a huge part of the defensive leadership. I don't expect Whitner would demand a big contract though. Crabtree is probably looking around $10 million a year which seems to be normal for WR's on his level, Iupati I would give a good contract as well but I wouldn't break the bank. With Aldon you have to go all out, he is a franchise type player.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Not sure I'm seeing Crabtree already slowing down. He's probably a bit slower now than he was last year, but it's possible that the Achilles tear that he returned from in a remarkably short amount of time has a hand in that. Not to mention he's not a guy who relies on his speed to get open.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they won't be able to keep them all. they will resign Crabtree because we all know what he means to this offense and we will resign Kap. I think Iupati and Whitner are the ones that are going to be let go. I think A. Smith will be back and hope he takes a little discount after what the 49ers did for him. Boldin maybe comes back for a 2 year deal because he wants to play for a winner. 2 year 5 million each year.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'd think they'd try to protect themselves in any contract with Aldon. Though he might not go for that. He's arguably the best pass rusher in the NFL, so he's got some leverage....

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
they won't be able to keep them all. they will resign Crabtree because we all know what he means to this offense and we will resign Kap. I think Iupati and Whitner are the ones that are going to be let go. I think A. Smith will be back and hope he takes a little discount after what the 49ers did for him. Boldin maybe comes back for a 2 year deal because he wants to play for a winner. 2 year 5 million each year.

agree and there is a larger picture here.

as hard as it is to let good players go, some of the "older" guys are always possibilities? they may not be high probabilities of being let go, but they're on the table. Goodwin is an easy one to target along with Rogers.

but if these younger guys can be kept long term, even Gore and Justin Smith are on the table. again, not clamoring to cut these guys, but IN RETURN for keeping Kaep, Crabs, Iupati, and whomever else, its possible.

the cap doesn't kick in till later, so if Lattimore and Carradine show a lot in OTA and TC.........