• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers contact josh johnson

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Along with redskins ProFootballTalk.com sorry for no link but I like it

My bad didn't see this posted in other thread

Last edited by a moderator:

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
A.B.A.S (Anything But Alex Smith)

Join the movement!!!

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is in the 49ers transactions thread.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Along with redskins ProFootballTalk.com sorry for no link but I like it

My bad didn't see this posted in other thread

Is he any better than Smith? I've never seen him play.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expected Smith to sign today after a clear the air meeting with Harbaugh, what is going on here?

Maybe there meeting was about a golf tournament and not their pursuit over manning

InTheRedZone377

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I would like to see Alex come back to this team and see if we can go to the Super Bowl with him. We were almost there. Hopefully with a full training camp and some receivers who can hold the ball when it hit's them in the hands, we can get over that last hurdle. I like the idea of a homegrown QB doing well rather than bringing in the hired guns. We were close and I think Alex can do it.

Looking at these other QB's in FA, I think we have what this team needs.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see Alex come back to this team and see if we can go to the Super Bowl with him. We were almost there. Hopefully with a full training camp and some receivers who can hold the ball when it hit's them in the hands, we can get over that last hurdle. I like the idea of a homegrown QB doing well rather than bringing in the hired guns. We were close and I think Alex can do it.

Looking at these other QB's in FA, I think we have what this team needs.

Rest assured you will get your wish. No other team is going to offer Smith a contract.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnson will visit Redskins on Wednesday.

h-hour

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I seen him in the game vs. Carolina last year and I wasnt impressed. Had a pick and a TD in trash time down by at least 3 td's at that point.

Granted it was only one game, but still it was the Panthers D.

crash

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i just read that alex smith is about to sign a new deal...it wouldn't be a bad idea to bring in johnson as a back up...

49ers, Alex Smith finalizing contract | ProFootballTalk

The 49ers, fresh off their flirtation with Peyton Manning, are now in the process of finalizing a three-year, $24 million contract with Smith, ESPN’s Chris Mortensen reports.

Although many details — including how much of that $24 million is guaranteed — remain unknown, that’s the same deal Smith reportedly had on the table before free agency even started.

Much has changed for Smith since the start of free agency, however. The 49ers started trying to lure Manning, and Smith shopped himself to the Dolphins and Seahawks. It’s been suggested in the last few days that Smith’s feelings were hurt, and that he and the 49ers weren’t seeing eye to eye.

But the reality is that San Francisco is the best place for Smith, and Smith — now that Manning is in Denver — is the best option for the 49ers. This deal made too much sense not to get done, and it appears that it’s about to get done.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex Smith had a good year with almost 3200 passing yards and 17tds, josh johnson hasnt done a thing in the NFL and has double the INTS he does Td's

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex smith had 11 ints vs 1 td in his first year we didn't give up on him

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex Smith had a good year with almost 3200 passing yards and 17tds, josh johnson hasnt done a thing in the NFL and has double the INTS he does Td's

6 of his 10 career INTs came in 2 games his second year. I honestly don't stress the fact that a young developmental QB had bad games early in his career, The same could be said about Smith a million times over at that point in his career.

I'd love to bring him in to compete (even if it's only for tolzien's spot) and see what Harbaugh could do with him after a reunion. What does it hurt?

longbeach 49er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Alex Smith is like this cold I've had for 2 weeks. It won't f*&king go away!! Do you realize how mediocre 3200 yards and 17 TD's are in today's NFL? It's ridiculously bad. I'm so tired of watching this guy play. We win in spite of him. I'd rather take a chance with CK. WAY more mobile and a WAY better arm. Probably have to live with a few more picks but our D is so sick it doesn't matter.