• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

21-22 Season - Jekyll or Hyde ?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this.

Problem for me with Hextall is he concentrated so hard on getting defense he didnt do anything for the offense.

Now were stuck with just OK defense and not much in the future on all around offensive players.

I agree. If you’re gunna focus so heavily on the defense when drafting, it’s gotta come out better than it has.

And if you look at the bulk of Hextall’s draft picks, they just haven’t been good enough. With how many bullets he had, he should’ve hit more. Guys like Rubtsov, Laberge, Ginning, O’Brien, Ratcliffe, Frost even to this point. Those are late first rounders, early second rounders, and they’ve all been busts essentially. Patrick obviously too, even though that's 100% a 'hindsight is 20/20' because he was the consensus choice. There’s still hope for a couple of these guys, but not to be true stars.

Last edited:

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. If you’re gunna focus so heavily on the defense when drafting, it’s gotta come out better than it has.

And if you look at the bulk of Hextall’s draft picks, they just haven’t been good enough. With how many bullets he had, he should’ve hit more. Guys like Rubtsov, Laberge, Ginning, O’Brien, Ratcliffe, Frost even to this point. Those are late first rounders, early second rounders, and they’ve all been busts essentially. Patrick obviously too. There’s still hope for a couple of these guys, but not to be true stars.
Well - maybe he’ll be as bad of a picker for the Pens as he was for the Flyers and they’ll end up in mediocracy hell for the next decade or two.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about those Canadiens! Im loving their run. They are an exciting team to watch.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gustafsson must have solidified the defense.
:pound: :pound: :pound: :pound:

As funny as this is, the sad part for us is he has played 6 games and has 2 assists and is plus 3 and plays only 9:30 per game and we signed him to be a top pair guy ughhhhhhhh!!!!!!:doh:

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about those Canadiens! Im loving their run. They are an exciting team to watch.
I don’t know if it’s the in person fans or what, but Habs/Jets seem to be playing at about 1/2 the speed of the other three matchups.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound: :pound: :pound: :pound:

As funny as this is, the sad part for us is he has played 6 games and has 2 assists and is plus 3 and plays only 9:30 per game and we signed him to be a top pair guy ughhhhhhhh!!!!!!:doh:
Didn’t realize he’s up to 9:30 per game. Last graphic I saw was 8 minutes

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know if it’s the in person fans or what, but Habs/Jets seem to be playing at about 1/2 the speed of the other three matchups.

I think it's because the Canadian teams are bad haha

There was an anonymous player quote in an Athletic article at the start of the playoffs that basically said "none of those teams are any good. not one."

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Habs play a very defensive style of game. Their top scorer only has 8 points in 10 games. With Weber Chiarot Edmunson they have big heavy defenseman that arent flying around because they are busy crushing people and defending the net front and blocking shots They do have a kid line all of whom are 21 and under in Caufield Susuki and Kotkaniemi who do fly around out there. That the line to watch if you are looking for a speed game.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's because the Canadian teams are bad haha

There was an anonymous player quote in an Athletic article at the start of the playoffs that basically said "none of those teams are any good. not one."
I wish we were as bad as Toronto Edmonton Montreal and Winnapeg

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish we were as bad as Toronto Edmonton Montreal and Winnapeg

I'd take the Flyers roster over the Montreal and Winnipeg rosters.

Edmonton and Toronto obviously have the Flyers beat in top end talent, but they obviously have some serious flaws also. It's just easier to build a winner when you have stars.

Pretty damn easy to make the playoffs when 4 out 7 make it and Ottawa, Calgary, and Vancouver are dumpster fires.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take the Flyers roster over the Montreal and Winnipeg rosters.

Edmonton and Toronto obviously have the Flyers beat in top end talent, but they obviously have some serious flaws also. It's just easier to build a winner when you have stars.

Pretty damn easy to make the playoffs when 4 out 7 make it and Ottawa, Calgary, and Vancouver are dumpster fires.
Final power rankings have Winnipeg at 14 Montreal at 15 and the Flyers at 23 and it was pretty much that way most of the season.

BTW two of those dumpster fires in Calgary and Vancouver were ranked ahead of us as well.

Last edited:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Final power rankings have Winnipeg at 14 Montreal at 15 and the Flyers at 23 and it was pretty much that way most of the season.

BTW two of those dumpster fires in Calgary and Vancouver were ranked ahead of us as well.

Power rankings are a snap shot of how teams are playing. And the Flyers played like shit for 95% of 2021. It's no surprise they'd be low on a power rankings list.

The Flyers have more talent than those teams IMO.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Caps are in a bad cap situation and i would love to steal a big forward like Hathaway who is under contract for 1.5 million for the next two years from them .

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Canadiens in a sweep and move on. They only gave up 16 shots and Price still let 2 in the net. Our old friend Gus scored the first goal in 13:13 minutes of action

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston out shoots the Isles 44 -19 and the Isles win. Crazy games last night.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read a story that says Patrick wants out of Philly and changed agents to help that happen because he doesnt like the coach.

Side note: his third agent in three years

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is going to be an extremely interesting offseason across the NHL.

Flyers, Flames, Leafs for sure looking to mix things up. Apparently the Rangers too based on firing the GM. You’d think Washington would be looking for some changes, plus the cap will be a struggle. Columbus is going to be forced into a busy offseason. Buffalo potentially looking at moving Eichel. Winnipeg probably looking to make some moves since their roster is aging and their defense is porous. Tampa is going to be forced to be active because of the cap.

Looks like there will be moves available for the Flyers. Hope Chuck gets it right.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read a story that says Patrick wants out of Philly and changed agents to help that happen because he doesnt like the coach.

Side note: his third agent in three years
Be gone with him then, problem is he won't bring back anything worth a fuck in return. Also fuck these crybaby athletes who won't play for coaches who won't coddle them.