• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 NBA Offseason

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are quoting a comment that is a reply to gman, not you, and I used a ridiculous example to highlight that the lines being drawn are usually arbitrary to the individual, and not attribute any of it to your stance. Took a lot of mental gymnastics to believe this was in anyway me claiming it was your point of view.
But it was a fun diversionary response to type.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This argument always makes me laugh. Just like anything over-using it to the point where it is clearly a crutch sure does, but in general it is a word that does a fantastic job of punctuating a point. Nothing more and nothing less.
I use the word here all the time. I will even drop a shit or a damn or an ass in my classroom about 3-4 times a year for emphasis. But I would never go F word. In certain environments and from certain people filling certain roles you make the allowance. In other situations, you don’t. It just screams low class and unprofessional.

For example:
A player at his locker minutes after a loss and he’s frustrated and he lets an F word fly. I get it. That’s not worthy of comment.

A head coach preparing for a press conference after a hire. No game has been played. No frustration of failure. Hope springs eternal with a new beginning. Spouting an F note now in this context? He’s earning the criticism he gets.

I’m not a prude about the word. Let’s take the emotion of the word out of the equation. JJ is responding to a question about outside forces and criticism. By responding that he doesn’t care in the manner in which he did what he actually communicated is a lack of confidence and over compensation. He really is pissed about the criticism. He saw the tweets that listed his coaching experience with 4th grade CYO basketball volunteer coach and then Lakers Head Coach right after it. He told the whole world that the haters really are under his skin because it’s evidence he lost his cool because he violated a time and place standard with the use of the word. Sure things are changing in tolerance of language but standards die slow deaths in the eyes of the populace. This is an area where the standard still remains.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course they do lol
I really don’t disagree with them. Personally, the way to do it is the way OKC is doing it, the way Warriors did it, the way Denver did it. You build with continuity and you have 2 stars and you have very good role players around it. (OKC may have 3 in the end).

But these aging Lakers stars don’t have that luxury of building continuity over 5-6-7 seasons to finally win a championship. They’re almost done. That’s why they need to consolidate the role players and go get a star. The thinking isn’t wrong FOR THEM and where they are. They just fucked up prior with the wrong star when they went for Russell Westbrook. They need a 3 and D wing who can catch and shoot around what LeBron and AD do and some one who can be a plus perimeter defender. They can’t make it happen but if you consolidated and put Lakers in a sign and trade with the Knicks for OG Anunoby I think they’re the best team in the West when the Lakers can fill out the roster with league minimum guys ring chasing.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I use the word here all the time. I will even drop a shit or a damn or an ass in my classroom about 3-4 times a year for emphasis. But I would never go F word. In certain environments and from certain people filling certain roles you make the allowance. In other situations, you don’t. It just screams low class and unprofessional.

For example:
A player at his locker minutes after a loss and he’s frustrated and he lets an F word fly. I get it. That’s not worthy of comment.

A head coach preparing for a press conference after a hire. No game has been played. No frustration of failure. Hope springs eternal with a new beginning. Spouting an F note now in this context? He’s earning the criticism he gets.

I’m not a prude about the word. Let’s take the emotion of the word out of the equation. JJ is responding to a question about outside forces and criticism. By responding that he doesn’t care in the manner in which he did what he actually communicated is a lack of confidence and over compensation. He really is pissed about the criticism. He saw the tweets that listed his coaching experience with 4th grade CYO basketball volunteer coach and then Lakers Head Coach right after it. He told the whole world that the haters really are under his skin because it’s evidence he lost his cool because he violated a time and place standard with the use of the word. Sure things are changing in tolerance of language but standards die slow deaths in the eyes of the populace. This is an area where the standard still remains.
You hit the nail on the head earlier that we agree with most of this, the only disagreement coming from if this situation was out of bounds. This takes me back to my first comment, I think he used it to try and achieve a similar result to Dan Campbell. He wanted eyes on him, because he thinks things are different now. I think he achieved it, maybe not in as memorable fashion. I am confident that he got exactly the result he was looking for, which to me means the word usage was fine.

Now he better prove he is right about it being different, otherwise, his opening press conference is going to become the example every points to as proof that he was not ready for the job.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You hit the nail on the head earlier that we agree with most of this, the only disagreement coming from if this situation was out of bounds. This takes me back to my first comment, I think he used it to try and achieve a similar result to Dan Campbell. He wanted eyes on him, because he thinks things are different now. I think he achieved it, maybe not in as memorable fashion. I am confident that he got exactly the result he was looking for, which to me means the word usage was fine.

Now he better prove he is right about it being different, otherwise, his opening press conference is going to become the example every points to as proof that he was not ready for the job.
If JJ can be successful in this spot with no experience as an assistant and no experience as a head coach then he is going to be an All Time head coach in NBA history. He’s been set up for failure in this spot. The fanbase has championship expectations. They don’t have a championship roster. History says that when a LeBron team fails LeBron doesn’t catch the shrapnel. It’s the cast around him.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don’t disagree with them. Personally, the way to do it is the way OKC is doing it, the way Warriors did it, the way Denver did it. You build with continuity and you have 2 stars and you have very good role players around it. (OKC may have 3 in the end).

But these aging Lakers stars don’t have that luxury of building continuity over 5-6-7 seasons to finally win a championship. They’re almost done. That’s why they need to consolidate the role players and go get a star. The thinking isn’t wrong FOR THEM and where they are. They just fucked up prior with the wrong star when they went for Russell Westbrook. They need a 3 and D wing who can catch and shoot around what LeBron and AD do and some one who can be a plus perimeter defender. They can’t make it happen but if you consolidated and put Lakers in a sign and trade with the Knicks for OG Anunoby I think they’re the best team in the West when the Lakers can fill out the roster with league minimum guys ring chasing.
Catch and shoot you say....

Klay 4 Rings GIF - Klay 4 Rings Klay Thompson GIFs

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The picks don’t count as salary until they sign their rookie deal

They do count as a cap hold for the team that owns them

I think…but haven’t ran it through trade machine…that

Wiggins
Payton
Looney
Santos

Gets you there
So, here’s the question::

Why in God’s name would the Clippers do this?

They would be better served letting him walk for free.

Several teams could beat this shitty offer.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I struggle with that group because I don't think Embiid and Green work together. Worse fit for defense than it is offense.
Green is a shithead. With Curry and Embiid they don't need a 3rd or 4th.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would they do this WITH Kuminga?

If George walks, let Harden walk, trade Kawhi, start from scratch.

They aren’t eating Wiggins shitty deal to be a play in team.
Yep if you are trading PG13 you at least want to come out even (still contending) OR let it be for young player(s) and picks. Then go your route. Easy to let Harden walk. Find a package for Kawhi. Then it is time to start over

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sexton for 17 and future picks makes sense
This I like.

If they could get Grant, go for it.

But he wants to be the Guy.

…..add in the fact that this is a shit draft and Portland doesn’t need another pick this year and I don’t think 17 gets it done.

They could probably try to get Kuz back.

Or, it probably wouldn’t cost much to get John Collins.

I wouldn’t mind having him for my Clips.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep if you are trading PG13 you at least want to come out even (still contending) OR let it be for young player(s) and picks. Then go your route. Easy to let Harden walk. Find a package for Kawhi. Then it is time to start over
That’s the route I have wanted them to take the last 2 years.

R.I.P. to the great Jerry Weet.

But I’m comfortable with the knowledge that we don’t have a full on tard front office.

No need to compound the shit show of trading SGA for George by trading George for players that are expensive and clearly inferior.

At least they can claim that nobody knew SGA would be THIS and that Kawhi would be broken every post season.

They know what Wiggins is and that ain’t a good thing.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on! We can do better than this if we’re going to make shit up and assign it to my point of view. Let’s have JJ engage in a Roman orgy during the press conference. Let’s get like a dozen people up there. And the line is crossed when someone makes a joke about Helen Keller at an orgy. JJ says just like Helen Keller at an orgy, the league doesn’t know who they’re fucking with.

If we’re going to assign absurd shit to my perspective let’s at least entertain people.

It’s out of bounds. Coaches should conduct themselves with more class.

The approach is fine. The F word screams Virginia trailer trash. The guy’s people sent him to Duke but he still can’t over come his roots.

I suppose bringing up bukkake for absolutely no reason exposes your roots as well.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suppose bringing up bukkake for absolutely no reason exposes your roots as well.
Yep. The people that raised me loved comedy and not taking things too seriously on message boards. How did you type that with JJ’s dick in your hands?