• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 NBA Offseason

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are way under realizing the potential Giddey has. Way under.

You want 3 and D out of your wings in this era. Giddey is neither which creates some MAJOR issues when trying to construct a effective lineup around him.

With him on the court everyone else on the court need to space on O. Which most teams cant do. Then you need a primary wing defender to play next or two on the floor that wont get eaten alive by the other teams best scorer. Then you still need volume scoring on the court somewhere else. You add that up and you need a TON of really good players for him to fit in well.

He does do certain things very well on the basketball court. But what he doesnt do well is an absolute killer especially from his position and the attributes he does have isnt likely to make up for the ones he doesnt.

And maybe he does improve as he is still really young. But he isnt the type of guy you bring in to build around which is what the Bulls should have been looking for. He is a guy you get because you know what you already have in place and his weaknesses on the court can be covered up.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want 3 and D out of your wings in this era. Giddey is neither which creates some MAJOR issues when trying to construct a effective lineup around him.

With him on the court everyone else on the court need to space on O. Which most teams cant do. Then you need a primary wing defender to play next or two on the floor that wont get eaten alive by the other teams best scorer. Then you still need volume scoring on the court somewhere else. You add that up and you need a TON of really good players for him to fit in well.

He does do certain things very well on the basketball court. But what he doesnt do well is an absolute killer especially from his position and the attributes he does have isnt likely to make up for the ones he doesnt.

And maybe he does improve as he is still really young. But he isnt the type of guy you bring in to build around which is what the Bulls should have been looking for. He is a guy you get because you know what you already have in place and his weaknesses on the court can be covered up.

He does widen your fanbase into the female tween market, added bonus.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Magic and Fisher were real winners but it didn't translate to being a good HC.

Magic is extremely charismatic, but he isn’t a great communicator. And he was tremendously talented. Kind of the opposite of Redick.

Fisher?

I don’t know. Thought he had a chance to be good too.

Think he got a bad rap. Never had a chance.

Coaching in as bad a situation as you can get. Given a bad roster and told he had to use an outdated offensive system.

He wasn’t good. But I don’t think it fair to evaluate him based off of that.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be wise if the Clippers traded for PG13. I just wonder what his value is at his point of his career. He settles for too many jumpshots and tough shots. No thanks. At this point I would only buy on PG13 if you are looking for him to be a 3rd option, that's why I think Philly initially was looking at him but I don't think the interest is there anymore.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chicago also talking to Philly about Zach it looks like.
I think at some point they were but not surprising. No harm in asking

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how true but seen some reports that Detroit will be talking to JB Bickerstaff about their coaching opening. Wouldn't be a bad hire.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too much cap allocation in a 3rd option for me.

Same issue I have with the rumors of the Lakers interest in him. Dude is talented, but he's shown himself to be a 3rd option while being paid like a 1st option.

Plus, if he thinks he's a 1st option...that could cause issues in the locker room.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he could play 20-25 games a season? If that?

Pass.

Meh, he's been out a while...maybe he's healed up and it won't be as much of an issue. A 1 year "prove it" deal coming off a buyout would be very low risk with a potentially big return considering he seemed to be figuring things out and is still young.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Magic is extremely charismatic, but he isn’t a great communicator. And he was tremendously talented. Kind of the opposite of Redick.

Yeah. It drove him crazy that his players couldn't see what he could on the court. But they couldn't because they weren't Magic Johnson. lol

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong, Shane.
I posted a tweet from a source. I didn't make the tweet

parks and recreation two funerals GIF

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be wise if the Clippers traded for PG13. I just wonder what his value is at his point of his career. He settles for too many jumpshots and tough shots. No thanks. At this point I would only buy on PG13 if you are looking for him to be a 3rd option, that's why I think Philly initially was looking at him but I don't think the interest is there anymore.

The uncomfortable truth is historically (based on title teams) he’s always been a #3 level player on a title team

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Problem is, he's likely going to want to go to a contender. Not sure there's a contender out there besides maaaaaaybe the Celtics who could give up what would be required to get him without depleting their depth too much. Especially given his injury history.