• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 Trade Thread

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously what team would want a high cap hit goalie who isn’t playing very well? Not sure how far experience can take you in the playoffs. Best case have a feeling the Jackets will have to retain salary and Quick goes somewhere as insurance only.

Also do you think Arizona will want the Kings conditional pick or the Jackets 1st rounder?

If the Jackets is it worth the gamble to give up that pick for a chance at winning the lottery for Bedard?

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should come to the Flames - oh right, Pierre said playoff team lol
We'll send you him and Boqvist for a first

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol… isn’t it the leafs strategy to throw as much shit against the wall hoping something sticks?
Seems like it thus far doesn't it? Not that the defence didn't need a bit of freshening but something has to happen here.

And they still need two wingers who can score. They're pretty much toast if they don't find that to fill out the mid 6. If Calgary's done and they'll listen on Lindy you throw everything and the kitchen sink at them. Ditto for Crouse.

You spelled Kadri wrong :D
We're hoping to keep all important players on the ice for a round and that isn't his history, sorry :D

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like it thus far doesn't it? Not that the defence didn't need a bit of freshening but something has to happen here.

And they still need two wingers who can score. They're pretty much toast if they don't find that to fill out the mid 6. If Calgary's done and they'll listen on Lindy you throw everything and the kitchen sink at them. Ditto for Crouse.

If you want a winger that can’t score you can have McGinn for free in a little over 2 hours from now lol

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously what team would want a high cap hit goalie who isn’t playing very well? Not sure how far experience can take you in the playoffs. Best case have a feeling the Jackets will have to retain salary and Quick goes somewhere as insurance only.

Also do you think Arizona will want the Kings conditional pick or the Jackets 1st rounder?

If the Jackets is it worth the gamble to give up that pick for a chance at winning the lottery for Bedard?
The deal that both Jarmo and Armstrong believed that had in place was supposed to be Boston's first and third and a "first round" level player (Probably Mateychuk or Ceulemans or perhaps Boqvist). The Blue Jackets own first round pick would never be on the table unless a true legit superstar was coming back. Like Mathews, MacKinnon, McDavid level.

Edit: Didn't see the condition yet. If Kings miss playoffs, it becomes a 2nd this year and a 2nd next. I still think that's value enough for Arizona to want that pick. Jackets might have to add another conditional later pick.

So, Jonathan Quick is better that Matt Murray...

We'll retain half. Give us Kerfoot.

Last edited:

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Funny the Penguins are in essentially the same boat. If they truly want to be a round 1 exit vs missing the playoffs they need to upgrade their depth scoring. Sadly they decided their fate coming into this season by extending Malkin and Letang, now they have to be buyers. So they will become a round 1 exit vs trying to sell off "assets" like Zucker who could nicely fill that void for the Leafs the rest of the season.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Bill Zito crazy enough to trade Matthew Tkachuk to the Leafs? Dubas should re-unite Mitch Marner with his former London Knight teammate, I mean the Panthers like the Flames aren't making the playoffs this season.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny the Penguins are in essentially the same boat. If they truly want to be a round 1 exit vs missing the playoffs they need to upgrade their depth scoring. Sadly they decided their fate coming into this season by extending Malkin and Letang, now they have to be buyers. So they will become a round 1 exit vs trying to sell off "assets" like Zucker who could nicely fill that void for the Leafs the rest of the season.
Zucker was on my radar too but I just don't see Burke giving up on a guy like that even for an upgrade like Miller (although he does make the most sense to go given his UFA status etc).

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The deal that both Jarmo and Armstrong believed that had in place was supposed to be Boston's first and third and a "first round" level player (Probably Mateychuk or Ceulemans or perhaps Boqvist). The Blue Jackets own first round pick would never be on the table unless a true legit superstar was coming back. Like Mathews, MacKinnon, McDavid level.

Edit: Didn't see the condition yet. If Kings miss playoffs, it becomes a 2nd this year and a 2nd next. I still think that's value enough for Arizona to want that pick. Jackets might have to add another conditional later pick.

So, Jonathan Quick is better that Matt Murray...

We'll retain half. Give us Kerfoot.
That is what I was alluding to when I mentioned the condition. Something more will have to happen per the asking price Arizona seems to want.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zucker was on my radar too but I just don't see Burke giving up on a guy like that even for an upgrade like Miller (although he does make the most sense to go given his UFA status etc).
I was truly hoping the Penguins would have lost these last four games and dropped well out of the playoff race so Zucker could be gone. He is probably their only tradable asset for a team that is in "win now" mode (IE..can score and has an expiring contract).

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Bill Zito crazy enough to trade Matthew Tkachuk to the Leafs? Dubas should re-unite Mitch Marner with his former London Knight teammate, I mean the Panthers like the Flames aren't making the playoffs this season.
Panthers have no reason to sell long-term pieces. They'll expect to be good again next season.

I could see them maybe try to cash in on Bennett or Reinhart maybe to give themselves a little more flexibility in the summer (and maybe make it worth it to buy out Bob).

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want a winger that can’t score you can have McGinn for free in a little over 2 hours from now lol
Please waive Heinen....please waive Heinen....please waive Heinen.... :D

Edit: Please waive Rutta,.....please waive Rutta....please waive Rutta.... Oh shoot nevermind the Leafs already have 1,193,848,101 d-men on their roster.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Panthers have no reason to sell long-term pieces. They'll expect to be good again next season.

I could see them maybe try to cash in on Bennett or Reinhart maybe to give themselves a little more flexibility in the summer (and maybe make it worth it to buy out Bob).
They really need defensive help going into next season. Seeing Gudas and Staal playing any minutes in a game kills a team defense.