• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 Offseason...Free Agency & Draft. How do you fill the holes?

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have taken Torrence instead of the TE in round two.

I do think that Schoonemaker is going to be a good weapon for Dak though. I trust Mcclay

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dallas Cowboys 2023 Undrafted free agents​

• Hunter Luepke, FB, North Dakota State
  • Tyrus Wheat, LB, Mississippi State
  • Isaiah Land, Edge, Florida A&M
  • Earl Bostick Jr., OT, Kansas
  • Princeton Fant, TE, Tennessee
  • David Durden, WR, West Florida
  • Jalen Moreno-Cropper, WR, Fresno State
  • Jose Barbon, WR, Temple
  • T.J. Bass, OL, Oregon
  • Durrell Johnson, LB, Liberty

gave Luepke, Wheat and Bostic $200K+ guaranteed which likely means all 3 were potential late round picks. Luepke looks like an interesting short yardage/3rd down pass protector/utility kind of back who can play FB and H-Back as well. Also could be a guy who may run down on STs to tackle which I don't think any of our other guys are other than Davis and he only had 2 tackles last year. Will be interesting to see who makes the final roster at RB. We have a few guys in the running and I wouldn't be shocked if we offer Zeke a vet minimum deal to throw him in the mix for one more year as well. I think both Vaughn and Luepke have a decent shot to make the 53 man roster or at a minimum the PS.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Luepke will give us a jack of all trades type of player, in the John Kuhn role which includes lead run blocker, occasional H receiving back and pass protector. He has plenty of burst and solid balance to get the ball himself on some short yardage carries. I think he easily makes the 53. Vaughn will have to battle for playing time, but his elusiveness is what drew us to him, it doesn't do us any good to hold him on the sideline.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

• T.J. Bass, OL, Oregon

gave Luepke, Wheat and Bostic $200K+ guaranteed which likely means all 3 were potential late round picks. Luepke looks like an interesting short yardage/3rd down pass protector/utility kind of back who can play FB and H-Back as well. Also could be a guy who may run down on STs to tackle which I don't think any of our other guys are other than Davis and he only had 2 tackles last year. Will be interesting to see who makes the final roster at RB. We have a few guys in the running and I wouldn't be shocked if we offer Zeke a vet minimum deal to throw him in the mix for one more year as well. I think both Vaughn and Luepke have a decent shot to make the 53 man roster or at a minimum the PS.
Thank you I have been waiting all day for you to post this. You always do every yea!
:)

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

• T.J. Bass, OL, Oregon

I’m betting Vaughn makes the team outright.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d say he has a better chance than most 6th rounders. I’m just wondering why they didn’t take him with the first pick of the 6th round if they like him so much

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Luepke will give us a jack of all trades type of player, in the John Kuhn role which includes lead run blocker, occasional H receiving back and pass protector. He has plenty of burst and solid balance to get the ball himself on some short yardage carries. I think he easily makes the 53. Vaughn will have to battle for playing time, but his elusiveness is what drew us to him, it doesn't do us any good to hold him on the sideline.
Was thinking before the draft that Luepke could play the Kuhn role in McCarthy's offense

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas had the 3rd most points last year. Trailed Philly by 10 and KC by 30.

Dallas does indeed have the Offense to go to and win a SB.

As with any team, any season breaks still have to go your way.

Dallas had the #21 ranked D. BTW.
I for one. Never thought the offense was in trouble. I watch year in & year out our defense give up leads when it matters. While everyone talking more weapons on offense, I was really hoping we would hit the defense hard this offseason. I have liked some of our moves. Think Gilmore can help teach our young DBs as well as be consistent at his position.
Obviously we will always add more offense. It is the sexier thing to do & we are the Cowboys. Have to maintain appearances, but I am happy we are making moves on defense.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You and me Colors.
I think it's a slam dunk.

Who is calling the plays this year? Working Turpin & Vaughn in the offense could become a story line.

April 30, 2023
Signed,
Colors & pday

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I for one. Never thought the offense was in trouble. I watch year in & year out our defense give up leads when it matters. While everyone talking more weapons on offense, I was really hoping we would hit the defense hard this offseason. I have liked some of our moves. Think Gilmore can help teach our young DBs as well as be consistent at his position.
Obviously we will always add more offense. It is the sexier thing to do & we are the Cowboys. Have to maintain appearances, but I am happy we are making moves on defense.

We could move the ball. We couldn't stop the other team from doing it when it mattered.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could move the ball. We couldn't stop the other team from doing it when it mattered.
Offense wasn’t good enough when it needed to be in the game that sent us home and in some other big spots last year. Playoff game this past year our offense scored 1 TD and 12 points. Defense gave up 19 but 2 of the interceptions by our offense led to scores by SF. One was in the red zone and ended a certain score for us and one was insode our own 20 and guaranteed them a score. Defense was really good in this one And more than did their job.

last year in playoff game we scored 17 but only 7 until the 4th quarter. Defense sucked in this one. Got manhandled. Big improvement on that side of the ball from 2021 to 2022

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense wasn’t good enough when it needed to be in the game that sent us home and in some other big spots last year. Playoff game this past year our offense scored 1 TD and 12 points. Defense gave up 19 but 2 of the interceptions by our offense led to scores by SF. One was in the red zone and ended a certain score for us and one was insode our own 20 and guaranteed them a score. Defense was really good in this one And more than did their job.

last year in playoff game we scored 17 but only 7 until the 4th quarter. Defense sucked in this one. Got manhandled. Big improvement on that side of the ball from 2021 to 2022
True, play calling sucked as well. Dak had a bad game. Every QB does. He will be better and better play calling (I hope) will help as well.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, play calling sucked as well. Dak had a bad game. Every QB does. He will be better and better play calling (I hope) will help as well.
I don't think McCarthy is a better play caller than Moore. I think perhaps Moore needs to realize that not everyone is capable of running his offense. I think McCarthy is going to simplify things and because of that I think we will be more efficient and have less turnovers. I also think Moore is going to do very well with the Chargers.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think McCarthy is a better play caller than Moore. I think perhaps Moore needs to realize that not everyone is capable of running his offense. I think McCarthy is going to simplify things and because of that I think we will be more efficient and have less turnovers. I also think Moore is going to do very well with the Chargers.
I thought Moore did a good job. The problem with him is he abandoned the run at stupid times.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

• T.J. Bass, OL, Oregon

I like some of these. Fant could push Hendershot. Hendershot did have some dumb penalties last season.

The Oregon lineman could push Farniok and Ball. Bostic could be practice squad or swing candidate. Supposedly Bostic is good in pass protection. I think Ball is on the bubble. These moves make me think that they are not all that happy with the TEs and WRs especially Jalen Tolbert. Could be a battle for the number 4 and 5 reciever. I don't think Turpin is that safe Moreno Cropper is a fast wideout and could push Turpin