• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 Offseason...Free Agency & Draft. How do you fill the holes?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's as good as any left out there. They all have warts
I look at his lifetime FG % and more importantly last year's and think otherwise. I'd prefer the kid we have on the roster over McManus but am definitely in favor of bringing in some competition.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't get why they drag their feet. Possibly they remember getting burnt by Vanderghat. They need to quit messing around and sign a vet kicker

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cards just released DeAndre Hopkins. If you are all in to win, I think a 1 year deal here is a move to make

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cards just released DeAndre Hopkins. If you are all in to win, I think a 1 year deal here is a move to make
If we had not signed Cooks, I think we would do it. Cardinals played their hand and lost. Dumb. Should have traded him for something. I see him in KC maybe.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we had not signed Cooks, I think we would do it. Cardinals played their hand and lost. Dumb. Should have traded him for something. I see him in KC maybe.
I don't think we will either, but I certainly would on a one year. Even if we added Hopkins and had a great top 4, our #5 would still be weak. We are in a precarious position. If Pollard doesn't come back from his injury without issue, I think our best bell cow back will be 5'5". We need more weapons for Dak, JMO

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we will either, but I certainly would on a one year. Even if we added Hopkins and had a great top 4, our #5 would still be weak. We are in a precarious position. If Pollard doesn't come back from his injury without issue, I think our best bell cow back will be 5'5". We need more weapons for Dak, JMO
I don't know. I just feel you could give Dak every weapon in the world and he would still be Dak. Which is good, but not good enough. We will see.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. I just feel you could give Dak every weapon in the world and he would still be Dak. Which is good, but not good enough. We will see.
It kind of put up or shut up time for MM. He needs to to fix the situational issues the offense had for years. Way too pass happy and there are times you got to burn clock and rest the defense.. I think you don't sign Hopkins. You can only have so many egos in the WR room. Cooks is a major upgrade over Brown. Gallup was obviously still affected by the knee last season.. Many times a player is back to normal in the 2nd year after knee surgery. Dak has enough weapons. It up to MM to prove that Moore was the real problem. This is setting up perfectly for the transition to the new offense
It all about matchups now. Moore had no clue how to create mismatches. We got the players to get those RAC yards.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Pollard is on track. I agree that Vaughn should be one of the focal points on offense. Pollard will be the guy this season but I think Vaughn needs to be the number 2 guy that comes in when Pollard needs rest. How many backs make the roster? Pollard,Jones,Vaughn and Luepke would be my guys. The others are just another camp body IMO. That FB we signed is the perfect red zone player.. I am jacked to see the new offense.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Dallas XFL kicker should be given a shot on a NFL team

:noidea:
Tell Deon Cole GIF by Team Coco

For whom is this individual?

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cowboys WR Michael Gallup said he is "feeling springy again" at organized team activities.​

Gallup, now 18 months removed from a torn ACL suffered during the 2021 season, added, "I'm smiling every time I walk in that facility." He will have additional competition for targets after the signing of wide receiver Brandin Cooks during the offseason, but Gallup appears ready for a potential bounce-back season after working his way back from his ACL injury for the majority of the 2022 season.

Source: NFL.com

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It kind of put up or shut up time for MM. He needs to to fix the situational issues the offense had for years. Way too pass happy and there are times you got to burn clock and rest the defense.. I think you don't sign Hopkins. You can only have so many egos in the WR room. Cooks is a major upgrade over Brown. Gallup was obviously still affected by the knee last season.. Many times a player is back to normal in the 2nd year after knee surgery. Dak has enough weapons. It up to MM to prove that Moore was the real problem. This is setting up perfectly for the transition to the new offense
It all about matchups now. Moore had no clue how to create mismatches. We got the players to get those RAC yards.
I want Gallup to succeed so bad. As much as i did Jaylon. But just like him I think Gallup is more hype than production.

I 100% want him to prove me wrong.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want Gallup to succeed so bad. As much as i did Jaylon. But just like him I think Gallup is more hype than production.

I 100% want him to prove me wrong.
I think the ability is there.
We just need to see what he has inside.
I think this year will speak volumes on which direction his career goes rather quickly.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's where I've been settling in more and more the last couple of years. I'm still holding out hope and wanting Dak as our starting QB, but I'm clearly at the point where I'm going to be disappointed if we extend him before he earns it this year and/or next. It's been 7 years and will be 9 by the end of his current deal. I 100% don't blame Dak for our all of shortcomings but at the same time I'm not going to pay him to watch the "good, but not good enough" for 4 more years. Maybe a cheap young QB and $50M to spend elsewhere will be better or maybe a $20M free agent and $30M to spend elsewhere will be better. But, I'm not going to just roll the dice 4 more times with him taking over 20% of our cap hit if I don't see us beat a top team in the playoffs. Coach, QB and GM (well I can dream on that one) are all out the door without an NFC Championship game in the next 2 seasons if I'm making the call.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's where I've been settling in more and more the last couple of years. I'm still holding out hope and wanting Dak as our starting QB, but I'm clearly at the point where I'm going to be disappointed if we extend him before he earns it this year and/or next. It's been 7 years and will be 9 by the end of his current deal. I 100% don't blame Dak for our all of shortcomings but at the same time I'm not going to pay him to watch the "good, but not good enough" for 4 more years. Maybe a cheap young QB and $50M to spend elsewhere will be better or maybe a $20M free agent and $30M to spend elsewhere will be better. But, I'm not going to just roll the dice 4 more times with him taking over 20% of our cap hit if I don't see us beat a top team in the playoffs. Coach, QB and GM (well I can dream on that one) are all out the door without an NFC Championship game in the next 2 seasons if I'm making the call.
I think an NFC Championship in the next 2 seasons is reasonable. If not, clean house.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need to see major improvement in Dak's decisions where and when to deliver the football. Zero excuse last season and I'm this boards Dak homer.
I think we will. He has the work ethic and dedication to succeed. Now for the right coaching.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need to see major improvement in Dak's decisions where and when to deliver the football. Zero excuse last season and I'm this boards Dak homer.
We will see if McCarthy can get these pieces on offense to gell I rarely bash Dak. But that loss to Niners was kind of on him more than anyone... I will say I like this team. Most talent on defense since the mid 90s . Dak has weapons. Those Rookie tight ends from last year need to step up and I think they will. Gallup should really be back. lamb looked like a number 1 last season Cooks can take the top off. Pollard and Vaughn going to be a headache for the opposition.

Real interested in seeing Mazi in the middle. This team could not stop the run when it really mattered. Maybe Mazi changes that. He is massive and athletic for his size